*Shock Horror* dodgy technic 1200 question

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
hello people long time no see, so to speak.

reet. i have a problem to solve.

My mates 1200mk2 is playing up. when playing a tune at 45rpm, if the deck recieves a knock, IE from knocking it unit it stands upon or mainly, when some bass kicks in, it auto switches to 33rpm, the lights change from 45 to 33 too.

has anyone experienced this before?
if so what could be done?
if a service is required what prices?

thanks all

jam phones: :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Sorry mate, I don't know!:S

Got a question of my own though while we're on the subject as one of my turntable platters froze solid the other day and the only way I could get it moving again was taking off the metal disk platter and replacing it again:confused:

I've never seen or heard of that happening before:confused:

alexbennett

Aug 11, 2005
Kidderminster
www.mixcloud.com
Jiglo said:
Sorry mate, I don't know!:S

Got a question of my own though while we're on the subject as one of my turntable platters froze solid the other day and the only way I could get it moving again was taking off the metal disk platter and replacing it again:confused:

I've never seen or heard of that happening before:confused:
its happend to us.. scottys 1210 done the same... after a night out.. just cleaned the platter up and on it soldiered. no probs since.

alexbennett

Aug 11, 2005
Kidderminster
www.mixcloud.com
DJJAMIII said:

My mates 1200mk2 is playing up. when playing a tune at 45rpm, if the deck recieves a knock, IE from knocking it unit it stands upon or mainly, when some bass kicks in, it auto switches to 33rpm, the lights change from 45 to 33 too.

thanks all

thats a loose connection.. should be cheap fix .. go to any electrical repairers they will sort it ... let me know how ou get on..

thanks all

hi all, the deck stopped doing that ^^^ now but...

if it is in 45 mode and you turn a power source on, (ie recently purchased 1000mk3) or korg kp2. it goes back to 33rpm. i know not many people turn on equipment mid set, but im worried when playing out and anything turns on it will do it mid set. anyone had this kind of problem?! :confused: