this lovely weather does have negative points

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Was that a public information film for record owners?;)

Tell him not to store vinyl near the radiator either.

What was the valuable record that was damaged, he certainly wasn't happy about it?

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
DJJAMIII said:
All mine are okay, i ran home and checked, that was me mate, he had a few like that, poor get..

its gonna need some heat and a bit of pressure to get em slightly playable again!
phones:

Think im gonna put mine in the fridge until september, just to be on the safe side. lol

Fortunatly for me, i have built all my record shelfing in a cove, under the stairs. My house is the last on the end of a row of terace houses, so i have no windows that let in direct light near my tunes...prity glad i built it there now. Ive lost some classics in the past, it depreses me just to think about it

Jiglo said:
Was that a public information film for record owners?;)

Tell him not to store vinyl near the radiator either.

What was the valuable record that was damaged, he certainly wasn't happy about it?

Yes, just some proof that the sun is evil to record owners! :S

it was a tune one the "UNDERWATER" label, underground house mainly :gigolo:

he has no radiators in his house :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
While I think it's a real shame he's lost a record he loved, it seems amazing that he hadn't thought about the consequences of leaving a record exposed to heat:S

Dj M Jaxx said:
Think im gonna put mine in the fridge until september, just to be on the safe side. lol

Fortunatly for me, i have built all my record shelfing in a cove, under the stairs. My house is the last on the end of a row of terace houses, so i have no windows that let in direct light near my tunes...prity glad i built it there now. Ive lost some classics in the past, it depreses me just to think about it

mine are quite safe in my loft i think, its getting a bit crowded but, its tuff, the only light that gets in is at about 1140am-1200am as the skylight has been covered with...carpet, no lie! since i read a post on here, i think a few year ago that someone had meltation of vinyl through the skylight :eek: