Don't touch that dial.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
What radio station do you tune into most (yeah, yeah done before- but with the influx of newbies its seems a revisit is in order).

I love both radio two, in partic Tezzer Wogan, Jeremy Vine (think thats his name), Stu Merconie (or summat) and of course Jonno Woss on a sat morn. I also, and this is quite tragic like rad Lancs- i just love the whole pot of tea and currentbun-ness of it all. The hosts are so placid lol, and they get random people, say a school teacher or a machinest from like Bury to come on on a Sunday night and do a sorta none sleb 'back to mine' sesh. They just rample on about living on Alma Terrace, when their kids got married and shit like that. Also, they both play far more decent music then any 'fash' station.

I do occasionly deviate to Century, but i am not mad keen. For any Century listens, when the fuck are they going to let that 10 songs in 10 secs go? Every time i tune in they are banging on about it. I consider myself a bit of a music buff, by frig that game is mega rock hard.

:)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Jiglo said:
Driving to work it's either Century, Radio 1 or a mixtape.

Driving home it's usually a mixtape:)
Fucking hell there is always one. Right, mix tapes or cd's don't count mong. It rad, rad, rad all the way for this thread.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Sing along now:

'one hundred point four, smooooth eff emmm'.

Tis a shit jingle that one.

I hate that ad for CarCraft of Rochdale as well, all chessy jangley happiness 'a thousand cars all under one roof, its easy at Carcraft'.

Another one i hate:

'Preston 880808, the Mortgage Point'. The ask, what is the point, its funny cos they tell you, yet i am still wondering 'what is the point' after they have explained.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Radio 2 all the way - as the stereo in the kitchen in our house is stuck on that :D

I love it me, as they play some proper funky sheet at silly o'clock, it's ace :mad:

Amelie said:
Sing along now:

'one hundred point four, smooooth eff emmm'.

Tis a shit jingle that one.

I hate that ad for CarCraft of Rochdale as well, all chessy jangley happiness 'a thousand cars all under one roof, its easy at Carcraft'.

Another one i hate:

'Preston 880808, the Mortgage Point'.

hahahahahahah! MORTGAGE POINT...lol, and you do mouth along to it though don't you??? Well, they radio advertising is the most effective form of advertising...that mortgage point one is years old...and i still remember it!!!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Amelie said:
Fucking hell there is always one. Right, mix tapes or cd's don't count mong. It rad, rad, rad all the way for this thread.

Radio 1 and Century were both radio stations last time I checked. Just threw in some other info so you could see how it reflects my personality;)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Jiglo said:
Radio 1 and Century were both radio stations last time I checked. Just threw in some other info so you could see how it reflects my personality;)
It did that alright, it told me you have one of those kind that are slighlty retarded and don't follow orders.:p

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Jiglo said:
PS how the feck did I forget Smooth FM - formerly Jazz FM:S

Some right corkers on there :thumbsup:
Aye, i do hate it when it forgets and slides back into jazz wank though, but they play some top Mowwwwtown from time to time.

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
I listen to galaxy the most (manchester) but when i took my car in for some work to be done the other week the mechanics at lookers must have been fiddling with the radio and now i seem to have lots of channels on it like WISH FM which i didnt know existed and KISS FM as well is on there :D :S
Somehow I cant seem to find all the presets I had on it before either!! and ive not had time to take it back and say what ya done to me radio !!! and i dont know how to set the channels :$

some of the channels that have mysteriously appeared are ok but some are crapola !:S

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Amelie said:
Another one i hate:

'Preston 880808, the Mortgage Point'.

You forgot the last bit...

"Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or other loan secured on it. Represented only by the London and Manchester assurance companies which are regulated by the personal investment authority for life assurance and pensions business."

Yeh, I've heard that one a few times.... :cops:

Don't listn to the radio an awfull lot, but when I do it's usually radio 2

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Radio 2 is the norm in the pitchster household. In particular the 60's session before J Ross on Sat mornings and Monday's night Jazz set with Humphrey Littleton are worthy of more than one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not strictly touching the dial, but Solar Radio on the Sky Box is pretty cool at times too. Les Adams of LA Mix fame often does a killer mixed set on a Saturday night. 0129 is the channel I think.

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
heheh. I had to research that before BJ, it's Fenella. Cracking name anyway, not quite as good a nina nanu (sp?) from ITN tho.