joy@love leeds.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

project-d

Mar 16, 2006
earby lancashire
wot can i say about the joy events @love leeds well.......absolutley amazin guys well done theres was so much going on aswell that day but i kept goin back to the joy tent.the atmosphere was electric tunes spot on and no fault wot so ever with the mixing.if any one was into the old ark tunes from leed uni and bowlers well you should defo check these guys out well worth a journey to leeds keep up the amazin nites daz:thumbsup: :fekked:

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
Was a good day & night @ loveleeds the Joy tent was rammed from the off with a top set from Cain Brown to get everyone going the crowd started to thin out a bit when the other tents opened but peeps could not stay away & they all came flooding back after having a mooch round the other tents ;) Was bit of a drama when all the power went 'bang' & it looked like tyhe tent was de-flating in the middle Dale the disc's set :S but the LoveLeeds stewards were top notch & got it sorted within 10 mins :thumbsup: Kells & Tots were on form as usual with the man like MC Fox backin all the DJ's start to finish (not normally into MC's but Fox knows what he's doing, he don't spout shit over the best bits of tunes & keeps it nice n discreet) Last but not least BIG shout out to Chris Walker for his 3hr set uptil 4am was the best set of the night imo! phones: Was also funny as feck watching him try & scrounge a lift home off a gizza in a smart Range Rover then it slowwwwwly dawned on him it was actually Paul Taylor LOL!

Had a nice suprise with SJ & Dannster turning up even though me and our lass were both cabbaged by then & the convo's were a bit one sided :S And can anyone please explain why a 14 hr party seemed to over in the blink of an eye :mad: Always happens to me, i get home & think 'where the feck did the night go!'

So top night had by all roll on next year!

Last edited:

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
Had a mint night all round! Visited all tents but spent alot of time in Joy. As coggledots said Chris's set was ace, got a couple of ID's saved on Lou's phone, cheers :) (can't remember what they are, will have to look later :)).
Was well impressed by the whole setup. Booze weren't 'as' expensive as I thought it were gonna be. Toilets were a nightmare (but they always are at festivals :)), Fairground ride I went on was f*ckin ace!! :D.
Were holding my own pretty well until the car ride home (massive thanks sahra :love: ) then I were confused as f*ck for about 5 Hours :D LOL
Cheers to woody an Danster for having us. Hello to: coggledots an missus, dannster SJ, superdan (cheers for the vodka - will return the favour next time uv no booze lol), woody, Vee, Ben, Lozzie, Tots, Helen and colin, and VA - always a pleasure; Bom Bom... :) lol

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Well, what can i say....was a mental weekend for me, started the party on Saturday night where i ended up on JOEY BELTRAM'S guest list at Voodoo liverpool, we ended up with back stage passes so it was cool, he left the club with us without saying bye to anybody which seemed odd, and we then spent all morning chilling with the man himself till around 8 am, top guy who is deffo at JOY soon:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so....

No sleep and straight off to Lotherton Hall, The Joy tent was rocking from the start which was good, then we had the problems with the generator which were sorted very fast so respect to the stewards etc for that, spent alot of time with Jon Da Silva relaxing in the sun in the VIP area (did anyone check those toilets out with the oil paintings on the wall ?? haha, mad), top guy is Jon, one of the closest mates i have made in the industry...
After the tent was up and running again it was up to Luigi to get things going again, and boy did he do that or what!!!!!!, i was gone like half hour and when i came back the Joy arena was rammed and the atmos was just on fire...awesome set by luigi, total respect for what he did!!!!!!
I enjoyed the hour back to back with him, its the first time i think we have done that, we took over from their with a 3 hour set and i fookin loved it, to say i had not slept for 2 dayz i was feeling on form, apart from the needle jumping from everyone rocking behind the decks hehehe, the energy from the crowd cannot be explained, it was special to say the least with god knows how many magazines and website taking our pictures etc.
Was also good to see the Galaxy 105 crew giving it large to my set and paying their respects to us..

Gave Chris walker a chance as Ewan Cawood couldnt make it due to a death in his family the day before, he did ok too so well done to him for keeping a decent crowd rocking, it must have been hard for him after ours and luigi's sets...the crowd must have been worn out coz i swear they didnt stop all night..

Top day/night

Shouts go to

Luigi
Foxy
Da Silva
Walker
Brown
Ben @ Galaxy 105
Helen and bro
Daz Project D
Dirty disco crew
everyone from Mission

also nice to see dannster and sj out and coggledots + wife to be.....

Next Joy is this Saturday, £5 Special @ Mission Leeds..

Be their or be a numpty

Last edited:

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
where do i start lol
it was a cracking day for joy right from the start with there tent being packed pretty much from the start with everyone going for it:D
i was looking forward to love leeds to get a taste of some different nights that i dont usually go to and see loads of dj's etc but apart from spending a hour or so in kiss da funk in the afternoon i just seemed to keep ending up back at the joy tent
the amosphere in there was like nothing i've experienced for years (it was mad as fook seeing the tent packed with people cheering with there hands in the air blowing air horns etc at 3 in the afternoon :fekked: )
for me though the best part of the day was getting to do the last set i was only down to do a half hour warm up in the afternoon so did not have a great deal of tunes but ended up doing three hours !!!and played everything in my bag apart from three tunes lol
i dont think the day would of being the same without mc fox though i usually hate mc's with a passion but this guy knows how to get the crowd going without going over the top and i think without him my set would not of been the same :thumbsup:
it was also good to see some osaer's there antz lou sj danster
so i good day had by all roll on next year :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

p.s heres a couple of pictures i've found ........

Attachments

• joy,lotherton hall.jpg
    joy,lotherton hall.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 192
  • foxy.jpg
    foxy.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 190

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
That is a great picture of the crowd chris, what a party that was!!!!! their is a few on the tilllate site isnt their, we also have a DVD of the Joy tent and also the guys who own the tent filmed the whole night, will have that soon too..

Had awesome response from this gig!!!!!!

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Well due to an act of god happening the week before... well me & danst found ourselves going northwards bound on Sunday tea time...

And you know what Im soooo glad we did.... cause we had a riot :thumbsup: Its been such a long time since I went out and let my hair down properly and really really enjoyed myself...

I had my trainers on and off we went... We checked out every single tent and tried them all at least once and had a reete old boogie to every single style and genre of music and we absolutley loved it!!

We played our cards wrong in the Vodka tent foam non BBQ elvis and his wedding chappel tent... Rocked around with the rest of our Krew in the Joy tent :thumbsup: Then off we would go again and visit some more tents....

We went on fair ground rides and everything!! Top stuff....

One of the high lights of the evening was us being taken into the Dirty Disco tent with Caine... We danced to a band!! OMG they were absolutley awesome!! Blew the arse right off me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dark & dirty and I loved it!

So much happend in this one event but everything absolutley brilliant I was aching like a biiiatch come Tuesday form all the dancing that we did and its been a while....

On the way out wobbling back to the car I even blagged a bouncer to rip down a cable tied love Leeds sign for me to bring back home as a momentum... Good stuff....

Guys as always was an absolute pleasure!

Danst you are the king of the krayoff crew :love: lol

S-J x

P.S. Charlie & Sarah I'll see you for your wedding in a couple of weeks... :)

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
mad as fook

kells&tots said:
joyloveleeds3uu.jpg

bigger pic, taken at 3 o clock in the afternoon !!!! haha, and this was before things got going properly, mental

Shit man, still can’t believe they were having it at that time. You can just make out my white jacket with the strip at the back. Mental.:cool:

Yeah top day and night from the event that is Love Leeds……..Started off for me being picked up at around 1.30 in the afternoon as brad and co were running late. Was doing the first set at 2 up until 3.30 and we only just made it in on time, although being driven in though the ground to the joy tent on that cart with Chris was piss funny.:D

For the first hour, just played to an empty dance floor and I could feel the base from the other tents going on around me.:mad: Then a few people in groups started to wonder in so decided to pick up the pace abit.

I couldn’t believe it when I looked at the time at it was 3 and the tent was rammed with people dancing all over the place with horns and whistles going off everywhere. :king:

And don’t think il forget when MC FOX first announced himself on the mic and crowd went nuts with cheers and shouts. Luckily for me dale had trouble finding Love Leeds and was lost so I ended up playing up until around 4.15 Have to say that was the best crowd iv every played to by far and am still buzzing from it now……. :)

After the set I went on a wonder and the whole place was filling up nicely. Went up to the missmonney pennies tent as they had separate toilets and bar and bumped into kells / Tots and Jon da silva and co, so just chilled out for an hour in the sun before jon was set to go on.:cool:

I couldn’t believe it when we wondered back and in the distance I saw the joy dome had de-inflated. It looked like a scene from that 1980’’s flick “the blob” ha ha, is funny looking back and I think wildy filmed it. :| :$ :)

I went for a mooch round as the stewards had it all under control and was just kept popping back and forward though out Jon’s set spinning some top tunes.

After a lot more wondering around I decided to stay in the joy dome for awhile to see the last 45mins of Steve Luigi’s set, and what a last 45mins it was!!!! The dome was rocking and the crowd was seriously getting down to the anthems that Steve is best know for, jumping around and really getting into it behind the decks which was good to see.

After this Kells+Tots were up and I stayed for around an hour in the dome for the begging of the set where tune after tune were top draw and the atmosphere was mad as the crowd were proper going for it. Respect to u guys.

After this I bumped into S.J and co on my travels in the Vodka Nation tent!!!!!!!

This was by far the funniest tent and reminded me of my student days on Thursday vodka crawls with a few people covered from head to toe in foam. :D

After this me S.J and danster went into the dirty disco / Basics area and im glad we did!!!!!!! I was pretty blathered by this point but stood next to a wall of speakers having mad dirty guitar sounds coupled with additive beats blasted towards us by the non other 20/20 sound system. The sounds were just what I wanted to hear and the rest of the 1500 crowd were like minded. This for me as S.J said was the best act of the night………..

Spent time wondering around with Daz (project d). All I can remember is him laughing at me as I was chatting shite about summit random as while walking about . Also how bizarre was it when we were in the retro area? I can remember standing around the side and talking normally without having to shout my words out so we decided to get to the action in the middle of the dance area and it was exactly the same there. Not quite sure if it was music was quite or it was just me.

Kept wondering in-between tents checking on the joy dome all night and have to say for the smallest area their, its was defiantly one of the best atmospheres also being busy all day / night despite a small incident by scott page and course when it deflated.

The kiss da funk / federation area was massive and you could tell that mission has spent most of the time making that one look nice. It reminded me abit of Bowlers in Manchester. It was just too big for me plus I wasn’t really into the tunes……..Busy all night though, it must have had around 3000+ people in there easy.

Also I can remember going into the gallery area at around 8ish and there being around 2000 people in their and then going back at around 12ish and there being 1 person in there kicking bottles around in the corner???? Not sure what happened there.

Did loads of other random shit throughout the night, and spent time in all the area’s throughout the night.

Overall I had a great night and bumped into loads of people I haven’t seen in ages………..

Too many people to mention, but you all know who you are………….

Looking forward to the joy DVD, check it out if you can!!!!!!!

Regards, Caine

Love Leeds fest, Oh what a night!!

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said. From the minute i got there and saw the 'Joy' tent near empty, I knew that I had a mission to fullfill. Kells asked me to go on early as the tent had collapsed earlier on and the crowd didn't come back in in a hurry after that. And that was it, WORK TO DO! I just caned every anthem in my box and got the crowd back in the tent and buzzing. What a brilliant night, watching the sunset out of the tent and seeing hundreds of hands in the air, that was a buzz for me. Then on came Kells and tots and they asked me to go back 2 back with them for an hour, and That was truly amazing too, what a brill set they did when i'd had enough and got ready to go to my next gig at 'Space' in Leeds for yet another old skool gig.
RESPECT TO ALL and I mean all, The crowd first, without them it couldn't have happened, the organisers, the MCs, the security, and the council for letting it all happen in the first place, and all the excellent staff who worked hard throughout the whole event.
Just one more thing,
ROLL ON NEXT YEAR AND I LOVE YOU ALL. Thank you
Steve Luigi :love:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
short and sweet foooking banging weekend all joy d j's top draw and mr fox top man:king:
never seen joy / tent as full phones:
quick shout to

mr & miss fox and sister :king: :thumbsup:
caine b phones:
chris w phones:
kells & totts :fekked:
s luigi :fekked:
mr & mrs coggledots ( hope yer wedding goes well ):thumbsup:
jon da silva & mate :)
s-j & friend ( nice to see you again ) :)
and any body eles i forgot sorry :fekked:
foxluigi.jpg
crowed.jpg