The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Star Wars or Star Trek?

• Total voters

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
U decide,

Me personally i love Star Trek so much more, the story lines & Characters are loads better,

But i do appreciate how good Star Wars was for a Sci Fi

But Star Trek Kicks ass!!

Personal Fav, Next Generation, over the rest, Jean Luc Picard, William Riker, Data.

Wicked line up!!

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• TNG_Crew_Season3.jpg
    TNG_Crew_Season3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 99

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Shooms said:
Wars everytime :starwars:

It's got walking carpets, incestuous unrequited love, a baddie with chronic asthma, the campest droids in the universe & a big glowing sticks that go whuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

Red Five standing by.... :king:

Sorry about that last post dood, i wanted a poll, LOL

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
STAR TREK for me im afraid, lol - i love the next generation but Deep Space Nine is fab (captain sisko kicka @ss):D

Star Wars is good but i prefer the ones with chewbacca and han solo - i dont like these new ones.

:)

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I think this could be an age thing.

There were only 3 Star Wars films made btw, the others are just best forgotten (well that last one wasn't bad).

Mojo

Jan 27, 2005
Ricky`s in Leeds
Im not on the fence but i love both. Ive loved SW since 1977 and got into ST on the numerous re releases of the orig in the late 70`s. I prefer SW to ST films but like all the ST series apart from DS9 (never really got into it). The orig ST i love (altho it went a bit pete tong in the 3rd series) and really like Voyager.

So i like old music played on plastic things, geeking on computers and watching Star Trek....................................................no wonder r lass calls me a sad old geek.:eek:

passingphantom

Jun 4, 2004
RAAR zone
for me it's Star Trek, with a preference for DS9. It tells us alot about the world we live in, it has everything in it : romance, war, mysticism and I love the depth of each character...
then would follow TNG. Voyager is interesting but to a lesser extent to me, it's like the follow-up of a successful movie...
Funny though to watch TOS, it is so tacky now...

I haven't watch the reventh of the Syth but the 2 others (of the latest star-wars) are worth nothing compared to the original ones.... I think they should have left the saga untouched to have everybody's imagination do the work.. (well, just my opinion)

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
Shooms said:
lol :thumbsup: I love the way at the end of Revenge of the Sith after Anakin becomes Darth suddenly the computers on the ships go shite & clunky just so it segues nicely into the next 3 Star Wars films :D

lol , i noticed that too :thumbsup: You cant really compare em though can yer ? Star treks a series (apart from the films which arent the best) and Star wars - Films . Im a fan of both and have watched everyone of em (including all Star treks films , series , voyager etc etc..) Both take you into different incomparible worlds , so im not voting. But if you put me on a desert island with 6 hours of footage to choose between either one , i would go for Starwars 4,5,6 :starwars:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Shooms said:
Wars everytime :starwars:

It's got walking carpets, incestuous unrequited love, a baddie with chronic asthma, the campest droids in the universe & a big glowing sticks that go whuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

Red Five standing by.... :king:

i'm with you on this Red Leader:thumbsup: ... i dont remember them selling any Star Trek figures in Toy and Hobby when i was a kid but the Star Wars merchandise..... now you're talking, i had yoda and was king:p