Pet Shop Boys - Documentary on CH4

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Anyone see this?
Really enjoyed it. THey've written some cracking pop songs, and although they've gone a bit uber camp the last few years, there's a brilliant back catalogue.

The intro to West End Girls has to be one of my favourites ever.

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
Aye , the intro to West end girls is one of my fav intros :thumbsup: They did some great tracks "left to my own devices" is one of my favs , but like you say they became to tent,camp,gay for my likeing

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Ed said:
Anyone see this?
Really enjoyed it. THey've written some cracking pop songs, and although they've gone a bit uber camp the last few years, there's a brilliant back catalogue.

The intro to West End Girls has to be one of my favourites ever.

I love the intro to Suburbia more so. Aye, they are a great band- i once said to Jonno that Chris Lowe could have done some amazing stuff, he was slightly confused as i guess they do anyway. What i meant was out of the pop world- i think he had the talent to write great dance music.

:)

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
Missed the doc. (gutted)...
Love early PSB's tho...
Faves would hafta be "Love Comes Quickly" & "Paninaro"

"Disco" 12 inch comp. is fab

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Love comes quickly
Its a sin
Domino dancing
What have I done to deserve this
No regrets (I think they wrote this for Robbie, they definitely do the backing vocals).
Suburbia.

I know what you mean about Chris Lowe, he was saying last night coming from Blackpool he thinks it influenced him to write 'fun' pop music more than anything else. Be great to see them team up with a real house head.

There was a lovely instrumental remix of West end girls a couple of years back, think it was italian.

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
I'm no DJ, but surely some of the old PSB tracks could work well remixed & "hoosed-up" a bit... you know the sorta thing... pitched up a bit... a beat beat here, a bassline there, here a voc, there a voc, everywhere a voc voc.

I've always wanted to d1ck about with stuff like that... just never had the gear (or the talent).

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
They were my favourite pop band of the eighties and to be honest, although they released some cracking tunes, the B sides to most of their releases I thought were better.

Don Juan (Disco Mix)
The sound of the atom splitting (accieeed!)
A man could get arrested
New Life
Thats my impression

All top tracks from back in the day, I did however lose interest after they released the album "very". Still a very talented pair though regardless of their sexuality:thumbsup:

Andy

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
Amelie said:
I love the intro to Suburbia more so. Aye, they are a great band- i once said to Jonno that Chris Lowe could have done some amazing stuff, he was slightly confused as i guess they do anyway. What i meant was out of the pop world- i think he had the talent to write great dance music.

:)

They actually did dabble in a dance style track called "Music for boys" on their "Alternative" album, they got the inspiration from the Saturday Nights they spent at the infamous Astoria nightclub in London.:thumbsup:

Andy

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
Elev8/Levit8 said:
I'm no DJ, but surely some of the old PSB tracks could work well remixed & "hoosed-up" a bit... you know the sorta thing... pitched up a bit... a beat beat here, a bassline there, here a voc, there a voc, everywhere a voc voc.

I've always wanted to d1ck about with stuff like that... just never had the gear (or the talent).

As a pure-ist I think their music should be left alone and untampered - just like many peoples opinions on here regarding oldskool tunes:thumbsup:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
790868.jpg

still have this album on an old audio tape, i love this album.

love comes quickly is still my fav track though:thumbsup: