Queen.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Nope, not the rotten toothed, tweed loving old bint that refuses to die so we all get a day offof work- but the band.

Listened to Radio Ga-Ga yesterday on the rad, and it sounded ace. It is very nearly my fave Queen track, only pipped to the top spot by 'Under Pressure' (tho its hard not to think of Vanilla Ice in daft baggy pants doing rude things to Maddona in daft conical bra when it starts).

Today i heard Killer Queen, and it goes without saying that Bohemian Rhapsody is an ace record. To me they are just one of those bands that you can put an albumn on, and all the tracks sound good- some ace, some even outstanding.

So whats your fave Queen track.

:)

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
yeah man, totally agree about Bo Rap. i can't listen to it these days...

another one Bites the Dust...
Crazy little thing called love...
you're my best friend...
killer queen...
somebody to love...
we will rock you...

all winners man... freddie dying had me filling up... the man was a genius!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Judderz said:
Had this convo with the gf the other week, Bohemian Rhapsody was one of the best, un-challenged records ever made. It's a shame that no one will ever see them play again, was watching snippets of one of Queens concerts, and the atmosphere would probably never be matched for a long time.

Aye, but whats yer fave then.

:)

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
>>oooh n FLASH !!! Ahaaaaaaa ! Saviour of the universe !

I like that one n all shooms altho I got ripped to fk lol:D

Sure someone said to me after they heard under pressure by queen, and saying no way did they nick that bassline off Vanilla Ice! Cant think who it was now hmmm lol:p

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
The great thing for me with Queen is they could all write ace tunes:

Brian May - We Will Rock You
Camp Freddy - Bohemian Rhap (and a whole host of others)
Roger the drummer - Radio Ga Ga
The bloke on bass who desperately wanted hair like Brian May - I can't quite remember but he did write them as well

Tough call on favourite for me, but I think it's gotta, just gotta, be Bohemian Rhap; it's a smorgas board of music all packaged into one song.

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Saysay said:
Top tune!! :thumbsup: One of those youve gotta go mad to. :D

yeah I love that one , and now it always reminds me of that programme "The boy whose skin fell off" as he had it played at his funeral :| Probably quite fitting though I thought as despite his condition he has a real zest for life which I found inspiring and very humbling , so now the song makes me smile for that reason too, bless him :love:

Queen are ace, cant think of any off the top of my head that I particularly dislike :confused:
Although its a top song, Freddie Mercury hoovering in his fishnets and curlers in the "I want to break free" video is, and always will be, all kinds of wrong though :crazy::eek: :D

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
my faves so far are:

Crazy little thing called love
Who wants to live forever
A kind of Magic (cos i think its funky)
Im going slightly mad
The show must go on ......................to name a few......

:D

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
T.C said:
yeah I love that one , and now it always reminds me of that programme "The boy whose skin fell off" as he had it played at his funeral

Thats what it reminds me of too :S That was a horrible thing.

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
Think Under pressure would be my fav , just love the way it builds at the end and drops back into ...."under pressure" and bassline :thumbsup: Another fav would be "Youre my best friend" off night at the opera. That Wembley concert's a belter aswell.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Radio Ga Ga for me, not only was it top for getting the lyrics 'goo goo' into a song :D but had some fantastic modulated acidic sounds in it too :love: