Eclipse At The Cambridge Corn Exchange

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

deeman72

Jan 22, 2006
www.groove2.co.uk
i have been busy over easter working on new stuff for the website and am now looking for extra material. if you used to go to eclipse or regularly went to cambridge raves back then why not pen me your views, stories or memories. i would love to add another perspective to the site??

theres a free eclipse dvd in it for some good feedback!!!

cheers dan
http://www.groove2.co.uk
email: deeman.72@hotmail.com

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
ha, quality, I played upstairs there once or twice. How's Dave these days, did he make a proper recovery from the bottle in the head thing..?

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
wildpitch said:
ha, quality, I played upstairs there once or twice. How's Dave these days, did he make a proper recovery from the bottle in the head thing..?

Wow i used to go there too lol
Know Dave and Stuart and still see Daffy and Les (Merlin) occaisionally. Was very sad about Dave, i was meant to be playing at Club Uk Ipswich the night it happened but cried it off due to lazyness/illness and was told in the morning:| . Havent heard how he is now for a while but he wasnt fully recovered by a long way last i heard:( Shame was (still is) a nice guy and it was a shock to say the least. As for memories of Eclipse...erm ..LOUD...erm...MESSY...and erm...made a right dick of myself upstairs many a time ;) lol
Good days:thumbsup:
Cheers for the link ill see if i can cadge some stuff off of Daffy or Lez etc when i see em next
P.S. thanx for uploading the Tour flyers, i havent got any of those and im on em lol FLASHBACK:D

Last edited:

deeman72

Jan 22, 2006
www.groove2.co.uk
hi mate,

sorry, which DJ are you??? would love to add your profile to the site if you are listed on any of those flyers!!! maybe i could send a few questions over for you to answer and i will write up a profile and add it, if thats ok??

as for lez, i tried to contact him a while back when the site went up for the same reasons? is there any chance you could pass on my email addy or the questions if you are up for it? same goes for daffy, would more than love to add some info .....

just to let you know, i am still in regular contact with dave banks, who has made a significant recovery consdering what he went through!!! i will pass on your regards if you wish?

cheers,

dan.

deeman.72@hotmail.com

deeman72

Jan 22, 2006
www.groove2.co.uk
hi wildpitch,

which dj name did you go under back then?? would love to add your profile to the site as well, could i fire over a few questions and add something to the site?

anything else you can add would also be great??

cheers

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Not bothered about the profily thing geeze, I only played upstairs, don't think I was probs on any flyers for it. Good work with the website by the way.

Cheers

Froz (that was my DJ name too)

PS do pass on my regards to both the Banks mate

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
deeman72 said:
hi mate,

sorry, which DJ are you??? would love to add your profile to the site if you are listed on any of those flyers!!! maybe i could send a few questions over for you to answer and i will write up a profile and add it, if thats ok??

as for lez, i tried to contact him a while back when the site went up for the same reasons? is there any chance you could pass on my email addy or the questions if you are up for it? same goes for daffy, would more than love to add some info .....

just to let you know, i am still in regular contact with dave banks, who has made a significant recovery consdering what he went through!!! i will pass on your regards if you wish?

cheers,

dan.

deeman.72@hotmail.com

Pm'd ya m8:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

p.s. think i may of met you Froz? lol
http://www.obsession.org.uk/groove2/pics/13. Club UK Dec93.jpg

LOL If AB45's DJ name ain't Betty Swollocks I'm gonna be very disappointed...

...UK%20Dec93.jpg

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
very possibly ab. That room if IRC was a veritable hell hole behind the bar?!

I'm seeing Betty tomorrow Shooms, I'll let him know he's now famous on the interweb..!

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Had a bit more a poke through the website now deeman, fascinating stuff if you know of the people / events. Good to see pics of familiar faces buried amongst that lot of pics too, I noticed Jayesh, Mike Bolton, PH, Andy T etc etc, I'm sure Alecos from Dance Paradise is on one of them too. I'll have a proper look at the weekend. Eclipse stuff wasn't really my cuppa, Mrs Wildpitch was much more of a regular attendee of Eclipse than I so I'm sure she'll be suitably impressed.

JAZ on here seems quite knowledgable about local DJ's etc etc so he may be a useful contact for you.

deeman72

Jan 22, 2006
www.groove2.co.uk
wildpitch said:
Not bothered about the profily thing geeze, I only played upstairs, don't think I was probs on any flyers for it. Good work with the website by the way.

Cheers

Froz (that was my DJ name too)

PS do pass on my regards to both the Banks mate

would still like to profile you on the site if you will let me????

deeman72

Jan 22, 2006
www.groove2.co.uk
wildpitch said:
Had a bit more a poke through the website now deeman, fascinating stuff if you know of the people / events. Good to see pics of familiar faces buried amongst that lot of pics too, I noticed Jayesh, Mike Bolton, PH, Andy T etc etc, I'm sure Alecos from Dance Paradise is on one of them too. I'll have a proper look at the weekend. Eclipse stuff wasn't really my cuppa, Mrs Wildpitch was much more of a regular attendee of Eclipse than I so I'm sure she'll be suitably impressed.

JAZ on here seems quite knowledgable about local DJ's etc etc so he may be a useful contact for you.

cheers, do let mrs wildpitch in on the website. would love to get some extra material?

as for Jaz, I do already have him on board.

Cheers.

deeman72

Jan 22, 2006
www.groove2.co.uk
froz and ab,

if you can answer these quick questions i would love to add them to the site!!

an email or pm would be great lads.....

will pass on your regards to Dave, he'll be pleased if we can add to the profile section lol

1. where were you born
2. what music were you into when you were 'young'/ what were your influences
3. how old were you when you starting djing/ how did you get into it
4. what was your first break
5. what clubs did you regularly dj/reside at back then
6. have you done any studio work/ releases/ label,etc
7. do you/did you dj anywhere abroad
8. where do you dj today
9. what are your plans for the future
10. do you recall any particular dj stories/memories from the old days