Cocktails.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Not had one about these for a bit.

Right tomoz night Jonno and I (if that okay mon cherie lol) are going to have a cocktail evening- think daft umbrellas, cherries on sticks, me in shoulder pads, Jonno slapping my asre and telling me i look mighty fine whilst sporting a big tash.

I am after a right good Margerhita (sp?) recipie- and any others that taste nice. I tend to favour ones that don't taste to spirity.

I tried a bloody mary a the weekend and it was giz, so nothing tomatoe based please.

:)

Amelie said:
I tried a bloody mary a the weekend and it was giz, so nothing tomatoe based please.

i LOVE bloody mary's, loads!!!!
there is a bar in hudds town, and i'm sure i have mentioned this before, called USB, and its the best bloody mary i have ever had.

went there again on sunday before we went clubbin, and they normally fill a glass and chuck quite a lot away, but the barman gave me the rest as well, and then told me it was buy one gte one free, so i had a cosmopolitan, havent had one beofre then, and although i am not a big fan of lime, it was bloody lovely. not sure whats in it tho amelie

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Shooms said:
I swear by long island tea Amelie.... then after 10 of the buggers I swear AT them lol :D

Long Island Iced Tea
Ingredients:
Amount Ingredient (Click ingredient for more recipes)
1 Shot White Rum
1 Shot Gin
1 Shot Tequila
1 Shot De Kuyper Triple Sec
1 Shot Stolichnaya Red Vodka
1 Dash Coke

:pixie:
Jesus, even for a hardcore drinking chick like myself i would be wasted after one of those!

Amelie said:
Not had one about these for a bit.

Right tomoz night Jonno and I (if that okay mon cherie lol) are going to have a cocktail evening- think daft umbrellas, cherries on sticks, me in shoulder pads, Jonno slapping my asre and telling me i look mighty fine whilst sporting a big tash.

I am after a right good Margerhita (sp?) recipie- and any others that taste nice. I tend to favour ones that don't taste to spirity.

Me and Pauly had one of these evenings a few months ago! I bought him a cocktail book for xmas, with a shaker (which we cant open lol), some umbrellas and twizzle stirers (how wrong does that word look?!! :S )

Oh and btw I make the best bloody mary ever :p the trick is to put the vodka in last ;)

God Im trying to stay off the booze at the mo, but thinking about bloody marys has made me really want one :crazy:

Shabba said:
Don't know what's in the cocktails pauly p makes but they've had me on the floor more than once:|

Lol!! Theyre called Moscow Mules :thumbsup: and theyre gorgeous, but they give me heartburn :S must be all the limes ;)

Its loads of vodka, diet ginger ale, roses lime juice and loads of limes and its left to ferment for ages :thumbsup: Its called a mule cos it kicks like one, as shabba found out :rofl: ;) (Im sure Ive written that out recently, Im getting de ja vu lol :crazy: )

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
sweet sensation said:
Lol!! Theyre called Moscow Mules :thumbsup: and theyre gorgeous, but they give me heartburn :S must be all the limes ;)

Its loads of vodka, diet ginger ale, roses lime juice and loads of limes and its left to ferment for ages :thumbsup: Its called a mule cos it kicks like one, as shabba found out :rofl: ;) (Im sure Ive written that out recently, Im getting de ja vu lol :crazy: )
Can you give me exact amounts please? They sound nice:)

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
jenwah said:
i LOVE bloody mary's, loads!!!!
there is a bar in hudds town, and i'm sure i have mentioned this before, called USB, and its the best bloody mary i have ever had.

went there again on sunday before we went clubbin, and they normally fill a glass and chuck quite a lot away, but the barman gave me the rest as well, and then told me it was buy one gte one free, so i had a cosmopolitan, havent had one beofre then, and although i am not a big fan of lime, it was bloody lovely. not sure whats in it tho amelie
this is a class drink but kinda went off them when i saw one that has spilt all over the floor, it looked like a mass murder had taken place, must say tho im into pinicolada now that stuff rocks! :thumbsup:

Amelie said:
Can you give me exact amounts please? They sound nice:)

Ask Pauly cos I havent got the book here. But put it this way its practically a whole bottle of voda that you pour into a large jug, then top it up with ginger ale, then add a bit of lime juice and squeeze about 3 limes into it leaving the pieces in there. Then the longer you leave it ferment the more of a kick its got :thumbsup:

Theyre bloody gorgeous and highly addictive :love:

The first time me and Pauly had them we were going out for our anniversay meal and we were pissed as a fart before we even got to the restuarant :rofl: :thumbsup: