Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
Guys/Gals,

I've been backing up some of my DVD movies. I use a lot of manual tools to individually extract audio and video and then put them back together later. The final results are almost perfect but the process is very time consuming.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a one-click style of tool for backing up DVD to XVID which produces excellent results in a reduced timeframe, say, less than four hours?

Regards,
f.

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
fugjostle said:
Guys/Gals,

I've been backing up some of my DVD movies. I use a lot of manual tools to individually extract audio and video and then put them back together later. The final results are almost perfect but the process is very time consuming.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a one-click style of tool for backing up DVD to XVID which produces excellent results in a reduced timeframe, say, less than four hours?

Regards,
f.

Most of what you said above went straight over me head mate! LOL! But for nice easy DVD backup & Un-encryption i use this: http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html & it's free which is nice!

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I've used DVDShrink alongside ANYDVD (to get rid of the protection and let you access the VOB files if they are restricted at all) with great results.

There's a newish prog out as wildpitch mentioned:

ImTOO DVD Ripper << does it with one click, not tried it yet, but will do soon :)

skippy

Jul 17, 2001
fugjostle said:

auto gordian knot is the standard in this field fug - http://www.autogk.me.uk/

icon7.gif

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
Thanks for all the replies guys. Typically I stear clear of tools like DVD Shrink etc opting to copy a DVD from DVD-9 to DVD-9 or if its not worth the cost of a dual layer disk I stick into XVID format so I can watch it on my Xbox if I feel the need.

I think Skippy has hit the nail on the head for the tool I'm after. Gonna give it a go and I'll post back here and let you know how I got on.

If anyone's interested I can do a post on backing up your DVD's using some exceptional tools? As opposed to the DVD shrink stuff??

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
johns_ar said:
Does that Guardian Knot thing do a one click to avi kinda deal Skippy?

Been using that ImToo and its spot on and quick.

Its almost one-click, appears to be the "tool of choice" looking at some of the forums. Performs some powerful conversions in an easy way but retaining a lot of the quality that you get using manual tools :thumbsup:

and to answer ya question... yep is it basically is a one click to avi ;)