Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Lozzie said:

NS, I am part of the "youth" of today. I dont think Bouncy house applies to me thank F*ck.......it's TOTAL CHAV MATERIAL!

Theres always the exception to the rule :p its gone that way though cus of the big divide in house music...it was only one thing 'house' when i was a youth lol now theres so much stuff to choose from :| youve just got good taste chuck...these kids havnt ;)

spose when i was considered the youth of today there was always sharon and tracy goers to let the side down lol :naughty:

bounce is pure shat now.. when it first became more popular it was good, yes it sampled alot of old skool, which is always good, but it was kept in a piano sound. but now, they rip it off, flange it and filter it and call it new..

all of the scallies that listen to SCOUSE HOUSE (WTF IS THAT) will think that the new choon ultra beat have just pressed will be 100% original, not that it took the riff from an old skool tune, the beat from a classic trance tune and was funded through drug money. it is a shocking scene. i have a load of older stuff before it was claimed SCOUSE HOUSE and i dont want to play it any more as i will appeal to scallies...

i did a bounce set before a hard house set and they just appeared like "got a donk mix. is it donked" its sickening.. they scouse house producers sample anything nowadays and are going to hopefully tire the "scouse" scene out for good..

so if theres any people reading this who like the bullshit scouse house genre.. contact me as my collection is possibly for sale.. and they aint donk mixes as its classic bouncey house, not cemmercial scouse house shheeiite!

aah!:mad:

Francis said:
At a guess, i would say Bounce is the new name for Scouse House "Donk Donk"

reverse it matey! bouncey house was here first, and it was better..

then they robbed the donk, originaly from the klubbheadz and their hard house.

then a few scouse pruducers joined and made about 6 different artists out of them selves...

then they though, orite der mayt, were all scouse, produsing this type of owse, we should khall it scouse ouwse..

scouse house was born...now it should die

mrnex

Registered Member
May 5, 2005
Staffs.
Lozzie said:
Isn't speed garage a totally different affair from Grime?I was speaking to a garage dj mate of mine the other day...????(confused now)/QUOTE]

As speed garage started in around 97/98 and changed pretty quickly (died) into something else - grime came way after but it's in the link from what started as the sunday scene in the mid 90's - when dj's were playing american house/garage pitched up.
A bit like saying that drum and bass spawned from house - peeps will argue - but the rave scene was born of the house scene - and drum and bass was one of the conclusions.

spiely

Oct 5, 2001
Canada
www.lufc.com
Dr Dek's Lad said:
Yea i must admit it is shit so much infact that i sacked a young scally who was working for me for having it on his mp3 player.

Brilliant:D

"Mum 'av bin fecking sacked like."

"Aaaah sun na agen. Wot the feck fa this time."

"He got rid o me like for listnin ta shite music."

"aah canne say a blame im. Good on im. Now go get anuvver fecking job ya scally"

:thumbsup:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
djnrg said:
I have been on bouncy forums:$ just checkin out what think about old skool:) and i am very annoyed that they think old skool is shite:mad: These upcoming bounce dj's have'nt got a clue:confused: I have been tryin to convince them that bounce is bassically a rip off of old skool,but they wont have it by sayin "old skool has died and the bounce is massive:confused: what a bunch of tossers they have not got a clue.

lol.....bounce/scouse/donk is awful nowadys......its made by a group of mates on there computers at home

' i know, lets take a song from the 80's and stick a bouncy beat behind it ' seconds later there ya have it a bounce tune

bounce was at its best in 2000 quality tunes then, its all bout money makin now.....rattle as many tunes off as quickly as ya can

Thing is it seems to work (especially on the younger generation)

;)