What do you think to this!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
I have been on bouncy forums:$ just checkin out what think about old skool:) and i am very annoyed that they think old skool is shite:mad: These upcoming bounce dj's have'nt got a clue:confused: I have been tryin to convince them that bounce is bassically a rip off of old skool,but they wont have it by sayin "old skool has died and the bounce is massive:confused: what a bunch of tossers they have not got a clue.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
They are the new generation as we were i spose when we were goin at it back then........its society today aint it ... ignorant :D

Gets me though when these peeps say old skool is sheet just how much old skool they ave actually listened to :| prob very little..........:confused: they will learn when they get a bit older to expand their musical minds hopefully :thumbsup:

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
was blagged into doin me mates little sisters 16th birthday last friday[yeah i know not yer ideal gig:p ] but neverthe les i played olds kool and they got into it after a whileso maybe these young pups just need educatin eh?......by the way the little swines were eatin more than jelly and ice cream:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :crazy:

skippy

Jul 17, 2001
get yourself some mixes downloaded from the forum's mix section, and stick em on when yer mates are :fekked: that could work...
icon7.gif

Last edited:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
On the Bounce forums i go on Old Skool is defined by the lack of female erm.. grooming:D
Brings a whole new meaning to Bush records:D

TAXI!!!

mrnex

Registered Member
May 5, 2005
Staffs.
Is this 'new' music so bad that they've had 3 name changes already?

I mean, speed/underground garage changed to uk garage to grime - and that was erm.... notthe best shall we say - surley this bounce stuff cannot be all that bad ( nexxy waits/wants to be proved wrong by someone who has actually heard it ) ;)

DavyJam

Mar 16, 2006
Warrington
Francis said:
At a guess, i would say Bounce is the new name for Scouse House "Donk Donk"

Your right there and personally I think Scouse House is just awful! Its normally listened to by people who think its all about doing in as many pills and bottles of stella as you can, whilst walking around thinking your "10 men".

Anyone who think's 'Old Skool' is dead hasn't got a clue - 'Old Skool' defined a generation it will never be outdated. I wonder if in 15 years time there will be sell out reunion nights playing "Scouse House"?

Personally, I don't think so.

Last edited:

landy

Jul 9, 2004
madchester
ive got a few mates who go wigan pier every weekens they love it tho its 2 scally for me, i put one of the dj mixes c.ds on and they turn it off and said "im not listening to techno"! i said wot the fuck u talking about i said these are itailian classics mate. that scouse house god what aload of crap, the youth of today a!:thumbsup:

djnrg said:
I have been on bouncy forums:$ just checkin out what think about old skool:) and i am very annoyed that they think old skool is shite:mad: These upcoming bounce dj's have'nt got a clue:confused: I have been tryin to convince them that bounce is bassically a rip off of old skool,but they wont have it by sayin "old skool has died and the bounce is massive:confused: what a bunch of tossers they have not got a clue.

Leave them to their "music"............ignorance gets you nowhere, only in the lap of shitty tunes!!!!!

Francis said:
At a guess, i would say Bounce is the new name for Scouse House "Donk Donk"

I've always known it as "Bouncy House". I'm pretty sure "Bounce" is a night.

NS, I am part of the "youth" of today. I dont think Bouncy house applies to me thank F*ck.......it's TOTAL CHAV MATERIAL!

Plastic crappy shite music with NO SOUL!!!!

Quote Mrnex : I mean, speed/underground garage changed to uk garage to grime - and that was erm.... notthe best shall we say - surley this bounce stuff cannot be all that bad ( nexxy waits/wants to be proved wrong by someone who has actually heard it )

Isn't speed garage a totally different affair from Grime?I was speaking to a garage dj mate of mine the other day...????(confused now)

Also, I reckon the name is regional. I have always known it as Bouncy house.
It sounds like speed garage, but with less "bwhaaamp-bwhaamp" and more "Boiiiing-boiiiing"....chart tune remix's to the same anoying beat for hours and hours......