Launderette!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Me and Brandon went on a mad mission on Sunday afternoon to find a launderette cos the one near our house closed down about 4 months ago and taking my washing to my mums in Blackpool (from Manchester) isn’t really viable anymore. We drove for an hour and a frickin half looking!!! After and hour we got really excited cos we saw Launderette, razzed over and it was all boarded up so we had to keep on driving til we eventually found one.

The problem now was that cos I’d just bee driving randomly for an hour and a half I had absoloutly no idea whatsoever, not even an inkling where we were. So we put our washing in and thought we’d drive to find a garage or a newsagents to get a magazine or something to read while we waited for the washing so off we popped. Found a garage, purchased the latest Viz after high recommendations from Shoomie:thumbsup: , got back in the car only to realise we had no frickin idea where the launderette was that we’d just come from. All of our washing was in three washing machines somewhere and we didn’t know how to get back to it!!!!

So after another 10 mins or so of driving we found it again and got the washing. Then came the dilemma of how to get home. The woman who worked there didn’t even know where Sale was let alone how to get there!! So we just had to keep driving til we saw a sign for somewhere we recognised. The whole trip took about 2 ½ hours in total.:|

The worst thing being that I don’t even know how to get back there next time I need to do some washing cos I just drove aimlessly!

Diane

Jul 20, 2005
I expected that story to end with you not being able to find the launderette again hehe :D. I'd definitely take sweet up on her offer next time if I were you :)

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
sweet sensation said:
Lol thats what I was going to say, but chose to let the :rolleyes: smilie do the talking! ;)

To be fair, if i'd known what a mission it was gonna be i'd've been round to yours in a shot!!! It seemed so simple when we decided to go, we figured we're bound to come across one soon!!!! Sadly it didn't quite work out like that.:$

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
sweet sensation said:
Yeah yeah likely story....dont worry I know when my washing machine is not good enough :moonie: ;)

And you don't stand there in stone washed denim with a fag in you're mouth, dishing out pound coins with fag ash dropping into my hands like the woman at the place we found!!!;)

RiskyLady

Apr 20, 2004
Dancin the night away
Shabba said:
Me and Brandon went on a mad mission on Sunday afternoon to find a launderette cos the one near our house closed down about 4 months ago and taking my washing to my mums in Blackpool (from Manchester) isn’t really viable anymore. We drove for an hour and a frickin half looking!!! After and hour we got really excited cos we saw Launderette, razzed over and it was all boarded up so we had to keep on driving til we eventually found one.

The problem now was that cos I’d just bee driving randomly for an hour and a half I had absoloutly no idea whatsoever, not even an inkling where we were. So we put our washing in and thought we’d drive to find a garage or a newsagents to get a magazine or something to read while we waited for the washing so off we popped. Found a garage, purchased the latest Viz after high recommendations from Shoomie:thumbsup: , got back in the car only to realise we had no frickin idea where the launderette was that we’d just come from. All of our washing was in three washing machines somewhere and we didn’t know how to get back to it!!!!

So after another 10 mins or so of driving we found it again and got the washing. Then came the dilemma of how to get home. The woman who worked there didn’t even know where Sale was let alone how to get there!! So we just had to keep driving til we saw a sign for somewhere we recognised. The whole trip took about 2 ½ hours in total.:|

The worst thing being that I don’t even know how to get back there next time I need to do some washing cos I just drove aimlessly!
Would of been quicker going to blackpool babe lol you mad head;)