to scratch or not to scratch

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

To scratch or not to scratch...that is the question???

• yeah laaaa scratch away

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • no laaa scatch your bollocks instead

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • ermm it is ok in certain situations like

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • I have crabs..stop being insensitive

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
I prefer to hear it on a radio set then hearing it a club.......

I really love to hear a good scratch attack.......... Just listening to DJ Hype's tapes just make grin from ear to ear wishing i was that good..... However, in a club I don't mind the odd scratch here and there..... but not every other tune just puts me off my buzz and make me think the DJ is a show off cnut...... coz that is all it is at the end of the day.... a bit of showing off with your skills..... and fair play to people who can do it well, wish I could :thumbsup:

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
Same as above but can definatly be overdone and done in the wrong places, a good scratch dj always stands out to me. I love learning more stuff and now with digital scratching its all im virtually practising now, which is a whole new ball game. Done well and it blows your socks off:thumbsup: i.e good old zabiela

mrnex

Registered Member
May 5, 2005
Staffs.
moderation as with any dj technique - like spinbacks etc - too many or too much and it's shite....
like most people have said - used to accentuate a set and compliment tunes - it's boss - but it's so easily overdone.
i'll do a little bit now and again - thats all. :)

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
Scratching is an art you can either do it or you cant:confused: i have been trying now for about 2 years, when i listen to other dj's i think i can do that,but trust me it does take time,gettin back to the subject in hand i think scratching with certain tunes goes well but other scratching does'nt work with the tune no matter how good you are so i will have to vote maybephones: