life @ bowlers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

italianjunkie

Aug 16, 2004
adelaide-sth oz
right folks not sure this thread has been done b4
we all know how amazingly good bowlers was,if there is one tune that reminds you of this great club/night what is it?

mine is
k-klass - so right

Dee_Tribalist

Jun 14, 2005
:fekked: So many tunes, so many memories..... but it would have to be bits 'n' pieces for me.... when good ol Stu used to whack that in, my feet always got a life of their own....oh and my arms too!!!! ;) Oh and i can't leave out Better day and Nothing lasts forever....god i could go on but i wont!!!! :D :D

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AGREE.....

Im keeping my tune to myself tho, as if i hype it up too much everyone will end up on it hehe:cool:

dodgymix said:
I have a few but it doesn't mean there good memories.

that bloody clock "axel F"

or that house traffic tune that got played about 4 or 5 times every week

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
The tunes I associate most with Bowlers are

House Traffic - Everyday of My Life

&

Dans attack/Massive - Heaven Im Mind

They did get seem to get at least 1 play per week

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
italianjunkie said:
right folks not sure this thread has been done b4
we all know how amazingly good bowlers was,if there is one tune that reminds you of this great club/night what is it?

mine is
k-klass - so right
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: oi shark!!

that was my bezzie bowlers tune.... i shall let ya off tho seein as as ive more:biggrin:

i'll av jimmi pollo - better day ... 'hands in air .. whistle posse lol':cool:

dodgymix

I'll be more sensible, i'll have the original white of

Bassheads "Is any body out there"

Think it was bowa who had the "Deca 003" or whatever the cat was with the doors samples.

love that crazy beginning and the original white sounds cleaner than the original for some reason

This tune holds loads of memories though, once in cream after a 20 man brawl, Andy Carol shoved it on and by trhe end every one was hugging each other.....crazy!!!

damo

Feb 28, 2006
Gotta be Bit Machine 'Somebody Real' or JK 'You make me feel good'!!!!! ahhh....memories....the tunes just sounded so freekin good in that place...BRING BACK BOWLERS!!!!!:D

mstoddy

Mar 23, 2006
I'd have to say The Bassheads Anybody out there(original White) Great Tune my prized possesion, the Release just didn't sound the same the start wasn't Pink Floyd and the Doors sample was taken out and you can't duplicate that stuff. :thumbsup:

I did only go the once though ! we were on the gustlist as I was friendly with Jamie from Manchester Underground..... not seen him in years though. the only bad thing was being ripped off by a complete **** :mad: sort of took the gloss off an otherwise good night.

db909

Feb 7, 2003
On Ilkley moor without a hat
italianjunkie said:
we all know how amazingly good bowlers was

Can't say I agree with the above,sorry

I went twice, first time I thought it was shite but gave it another go.Second visit I realised I was right first time
Imo the place had zero atmosphere
The sound system was naff (prolly due to the acoustic properties of the venue)

The clientele seemed very young (cos I'm old;) )
I know a lot of peeps on here loved it but it wasn't for me

the track(s) that stick in my mind was young mc over grooves (welly?)

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
db909 said:
Can't say I agree with the above,sorry

I went twice, first time I thought it was shite but gave it another go.Second visit I realised I was right first time
QUOTE]

lol amusuing....

Your right about sound system, cant believe peeps thought it was good, i mean i really liked life (up till it went all silly late 96 and then had all hardcore rooms etc - what the hell was all that about????) but the sound system was terrible, especially at the back of the hall, compaired to Ark (leeds) it was very poor, music wise not a patch on ark either but i still enjoyed going to life, apart from all the wannabe gangsters it was well good....

the only other annoying thing was the same music been played all the time by many of the DJ's..

overall tho, one of my fave events at one point...

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
woody said:
isnt that the whole point of the post???? or is it a secret weapon:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yeah, know what your saying their, i may as well not have posted, but said tune is very very big for me and iv never ever heard anyone play it, infact the only place iv ever heard it was at bowlers and at ark.. it even made the sound system at bowlers sound good!!!!!

i know most on here are funny about been secret on tunez but this one is, well a weapon i suppose...

woody

kells&tots said:
yeah, know what your saying their, i may as well not have posted, but said tune is very very big for me and iv never ever heard anyone play it, infact the only place iv ever heard it was at bowlers and at ark.. it even made the sound system at bowlers sound good!!!!!

i know most on here are funny about been secret on tunez but this one is, well a weapon i suppose...

like a sharp edged frizbee, slung from the DJ box taking random heads off like ;)