life @ bowlers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dj ste

Feb 28, 2005
leeds
sorry to rock the boat here lol but the gallery was miles better than either bowlers or the ark although i did enjoy going to both of those places....

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
sorry but back in the day my bedroom pissed on em all. picture it. a small room no bigger than the size of a size 9 shoe box. filled to the brim with about 15 rampant young teenage ladies all neckin cider big time :thumbsup:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Dj ste said:
sorry to rock the boat here lol but the gallery was miles better than either bowlers or the ark although i did enjoy going to both of those places....

yeah was another quality leeds night was gallery......

BadBoyDJPigeon

Apr 9, 2004
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Can I just stress here that if your with all your mates and your all off it, you can have a good night any where and if you lot can remember nights then your obviously light weights as I can't remember fukk all from 10 years raving apart from a square that was probably 2 foot by 2 foot in maximes. I did not move from this square on the last sat of every month for nearly 8 years
seriously though I used to get that fooked back in the day, all the nightclubs were the same, it was my mates and the people I went out with that made things special, not the tunes or the club:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It was the whole package for me, but I agree about it being on a different level when you're out with your mates, but you still need quality tunes to dance to and for the rest of the club to all be out for a good time too and feeling the vibe:D not full of idiots waiting to cause trouble and putting everybody on edge :naughty:

BadBoyDJPigeon

Apr 9, 2004
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Jiglo said:
It was the whole package for me, but I agree about it being on a different level when you're out with your mates, but you still need quality tunes to dance to and for the rest of the club to all be out for a good time too and feeling the vibe:D not full of idiots waiting to cause trouble and putting everybody on edge :naughty:

nah mate, one of the best nights I have ever had was seeing ez at havana in town (where timeless is now), I can't stand garage but it was a buzz, it's what you make of it that is important

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
BadBoyDJPigeon said:
nah mate, one of the best nights I have ever had was seeing ez at havana in town (where timeless is now), I can't stand garage but it was a buzz, it's what you make of it that is important

I guess we all got something different out of clubbing then:thumbsup: :)

keepup

Mar 28, 2006
Manchester
Bowlers Vs Ark

I went to both i recon Bowlers was better by far for me anyway it had the best dj's and choonz and most importantly best crowd and therefore buzz :spin: :spin: :spin:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
butty said:
sorry but back in the day my bedroom pissed on em all. picture it. a small room no bigger than the size of a size 9 shoe box. filled to the brim with about 15 rampant young teenage ladies all neckin cider big time :thumbsup:

My cellar is even betterer, so ner :p

Can get lost down there for days :fekked:

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
butty said:

When's the next one :p Can i buy a ticket?

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
kells&tots said:
Danny C said:
well as this is a public forum to express ones opinion then i think i can say what i like, i thought ARK was the best event of them all inc your so so so special Hac etc, yep Hac was an amazing place, infact one of the best, but for me nothing comes close to what Ark did for me i.e, music, DJ's atmos well everything,(maybe its coz it was on my doorstep) so if i wanna compare everything to Ark then i will as for me it set the benchmark, please dont come on here and tell me what i can/cant do or say.

No one is argueing you don't have a right to an opinion, no one is disputing how much you enjoyed Ark. We could sit here all night and argue about influences its down to personal experiences and what nights inspired different people for what ever reason. For me Ark wasn't inspirational in anyway whatsoever ........ In my Opinion!!!!!