Hi from a DJ from the past

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

matt1972

Sep 24, 2005
Firstly, we pay Homage:
1st Bought Rave Tape: Kaos 26/02/1991 Leeds Warehouse Steve Williams and Tony Ross
Favourite Tape: Kaos 31/04/1991 Leeds Warehouse Part 1 Steve Williams Sasha Tony Ross Dream Frequency 2 For Joy
Favourite Ever Night: Kaos August Bank Holiday 1990 Sasha, Together PA and, yep you guessed it-Steve Williams
Secondly-To set my memory straight!
Was it you or Tony Ross that always played, at Kaos;
1. Shamen-Progen, Yankees-What's Happened and Tony Terry-Forget The Girl?-I always assumed this was you
2. Space Face-Sub Sub, Success in effect-Let the Bass Kick and KLF-Last Train To Trancentral mix?-Assumed this was a Tony Ross thing
Both circa 1991
3. You or Laurent Garnier, circa 1990, always played First Bass-Separate Minds?
Thirdly
How about an all time top ten and/or an all time favourite Kaos top ten purlease, although I suspect the two will be the same?
Oh, by the way, many thanks for a helluva lot of good memories!!!!

Cheers ,No didnt ever play in Ashton.

Matt cheers!! I did all the Kaos nights and played those mixes and Seperate minds.
Kaos at the warehouse was funny especially when there was a full club inside and the same amount of people outside trying to get in.
Then someone would have the idea of setting the fire alarms off .
Everyone had to then leave the building letting twice as many back in once the alarm was cleared.
My all time favourite nights had to be Frenzy in Blackpool the Belgian New Beat stuff I played then was so different,This type of music seems to have been overlooked as it ran for such a short period of time in its underground format.
When I went over to Amsterdam I used to buy lots of it from Boudisque Records most of it never reached UK record shops.
I dont want to do a top 10 yet until after Piraterevival as I will be playing them then and want to keep you guessing....

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
Well Ive heard your name before at the Pleasuredrome in Farnworth, dont know if you ever played it but I remember alot of people mentioning ya name from them warehouse do,s, think I got hold of some of your tapes somewhere from older heads, was and still am totally gutted that I missed out on the Warehouse days, I was 14 in 1989 and just remember all the headlines being on the front page of the Sun and reading them thinking if only!!!

Privileged to be sharing the same forum as a legend

Welcome to OSA:wave: :wave: :wave:

cartouche91

Oct 5, 2006
manchester
Welcome

Alright Steve fella,

Welcome to the site, Im sure theres plenty of people wanting to pick your brain mate. Ive just got one question to ask, did you ever play Andersons in Openshaw mate? And do you have a relation by the name of Glen who used to DJ mate?

IF ROCKIN THE HOUSE IS A CRIME THEN LET ME BE GUILTY!:cool:

Cheers

Cartouche;)

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
hazy dayz....

I think i may know you fella???

I frequented all the events & clubs you have listed.....

one Question did you go to that rave in Middleton behind the Scouts Huts were all those squaddys turned up looking for trouble in 88.... Then Bez dished out some Eees??

Was a top night....

Right i'm gonna PM you & see if you know the peeps i know ....... You'll have fun ere fella ....

Tilly

geeselad

May 25, 2007
In 89 as I was just getting into it I remember asking quiet a few punters I met who they rated as the best DJ, the reply was always the same............................

Steve Wiliams, nuff respect an all that.

jim808

Sep 20, 2009
birstall/leeds
the alarm was a classic and regular

somebody always had the idea of the fire alrm.i remember queing for ages to get in then when i got to the front i lost all my bearings and and had to sit in the phone box till i came round. oh the joy of raving:)
Cheers ,No didnt ever play in Ashton.

Matt cheers!! I did all the Kaos nights and played those mixes and Seperate minds.
Kaos at the warehouse was funny especially when there was a full club inside and the same amount of people outside trying to get in.
Then someone would have the idea of setting the fire alarms off .
Everyone had to then leave the building letting twice as many back in once the alarm was cleared.
My all time favourite nights had to be Frenzy in Blackpool the Belgian New Beat stuff I played then was so different,This type of music seems to have been overlooked as it ran for such a short period of time in its underground format.
When I went over to Amsterdam I used to buy lots of it from Boudisque Records most of it never reached UK record shops.
I dont want to do a top 10 yet until after Piraterevival as I will be playing them then and want to keep you guessing....