The first ever record you actually went out & bought?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
Sounds pretty hardcore this now, but mine was NIGHTMARES ON WAX: 'AFTERMATH (#1)' ON WARP RECORDS (1990)
Am holding it in my hands now, reminising! I actually bought it in 1990 after hearing it on radio one of all places whilst enjoying one of those little square things with a strawberry printed on it;)

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
coggledots said:
Sounds pretty hardcore this now, but mine was NIGHTMARES ON WAX: 'AFTERMATH (#1)' ON WARP RECORDS (1990)
Am holding it in my hands now, reminising! I actually bought it in 1990 after hearing it on radio one of all places whilst enjoying one of those little square things with a strawberry printed on it;)

Ermm...if you're talking about first music bought, it was a Shakin Stevens Tape, about 1980 :$

First vinyl was seven inch of Two Tribes - Frankie goes to Hollywood :ghost:

First piece of house was the 'North - The Sound of the Dance Underground' compilation, end of 1988, which included Voodoo Ray, Dream 17 - Annette and Carino - T-Coy, so not a bad start, though had been buying Hip Hop for a while before :mad:

Last edited:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
First record given to me was Father Abraham - Magic Flute Smurf (still got it)

First 7" I bought I think would have been Madness or Adam & The Ants

First 12" I bought was Blondie - Rapture, and it confused the hell out of me, an album sorta record that wasn't at 33rpm :crazy: hehe

Naughty_Raver

Jun 25, 2005
London
www.fantazia.org.uk
Man Alive said:
Ermm...if you're talking about first music bought, it was a Shakin Stevens Tape, about 1980 :$

My mum got me that tape for Christmas when I was about 5, was it a red tape? I still have it, although I taped the network charts over it when I was about 8 :eyebrow:

One of the 1st records I can actually remember buying was I'd Rather Jack- The Reynolds Girls, ooops, and all the kylie and Jason shit, but I was only 10 then :S

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
First 7": Massive Attack -Unfinished Sympathy
First 12": Hyper-On-Experience -The Family we Never Had EP
First Maxi-CD: L.A. Style -James Brown Is Dead
First Tape: Jason Donovan -Ten Good Reasons :$

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
First 7" - Boogie Box High - Jive Talkin :S
First 12" - Steve Silk Hurley - Jack Your Body - The Monty House remix :cool:
First LP - Now 9 :|
First tape - Ultimate Trax II :gigolo:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Hard to remember but i think it was either Joe Tex - Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman) or Carl Douglas - Kung Fu fighting.
Just remember buying both with pocket money and playin em on my bro's record player. Remember the first record i owned was a K-tel disco/soul compilation album my aunt gave me for xmas lol. :D

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
my first ever record i bought was

BRYAN ADAMS - EVERYTHING I DO (I DO IT FOR YOU) he he.....still got it ;)

but first dance/house tune was....i think???

JONAH - SSSSSST LISTEN

(when i was into mi hardhouse)

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
The first 12inch i bought was Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with Full Force - I Wonder If I Take You Home released in 84 , bought it from Wooly's. As for 7 inch , im not too sure !! You could pick up really cheap 7's from newsagents at one time (ex jukebox) anyone else buy 7's from a newsagents or was it just a local thing ?

grover

Jun 5, 2003
first single i bought was either depeche mode - just can't get enought
or the specials - ghost town (can't remember , maybe both at the same time),
first 12" human league - dignity of labour parts 1-4
first bought for me...
run rabbit run on flexi disc:thumbsup:

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
its not old skool but??????

The first 12" i got was safri duo,But i started out on cd mixers(what a pile of shite:| )so technically the first tune i bought was sash-encore un fois on cd:ghost: The first old skool tune was knights-I can cast a spell (can't remember vol number) Now my collection is wild:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
My first single was the theme tune from RUPERT THE BEAR.

"rupert, rupert the bear. Everyone knows his name......."

When i -ahem- got a bit older, the first albums i bought were in a little record shop in Scarborough. I got :

Jethro Tull - aqualung
Led Zepplin - IV runes
Small Faces - Ogden's nut gone flake.

This was about 1982, shop owner give me a really good deal cos i went in with my mum & dad spending my birthday money :D

-zoom

oh dear

B00004Y2DL.01.LZZZZZZZ

i was like 14 and i didnt even have decks, and me bird at the time made me like it, :$ :$ :$

:cry: :cry: :cry:

why did i post this?!