Post a Pic of Ya Dex Thread!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
1210,s I would say the turntables are and the mixer is a Pioneer DJM S9 Two Channel Serato DJ DVS Battle Mixer. I would be tempted to resist that mixer as it takes away the fun out of beat mixing by ear. .But I guess the positive to having a mixer that does the beat mixing for you is. That you don't have to have speakers on. Then you don't piss your neighbours off, what I did a lot of in the 90's. I have more respect now for my neighbours as am older. But back in the 90,s I use to have a KEF Subwoofer and the bass on them things will make you window shudder lol and really piss your neighbours off.

1200's - Serato DJ has "Sync" I never use it, and you certainly don't have to. It doesn't work very well anyway. I still mix by ear, there's no magic "mix" button on the S9. It can be used for so much more than big long bore off mixes. 25+ dj'ing under my belt, I feel the urge to do more. Never be scared of technology!

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Hehe decks Wong Way Wound! ;)

About the Pioneer DJM-S9 i dont know why you think the Pioneer DJM-S9 mixes for you its not an "automatic mixer" its a DJ vinyl mixer with Serato built in thats all it is & errm! with some other good shit built in, all the oldskool Hifi separates "ROCK" i still love the sound of the oldskool Hifi separates more so early nineties & eighties HiFi's the oldskool silver ones! so much power & sound quality "ROCKS"!.....But nothing beats the sound of a mixer directly plugged into an amped quality pair off monitor speakers the sound is incredible wish i did it years ago but i have mostly used amped monitors speakers for my production setup, get rid of them Hifi separates & buy yourself amped good quality speakers straight out of the mixer directly into the speakers!...:cool: The speakers i have which i have not had for long they sound fantastic they just throw out music energy to me & more so the way i have my speakers directly facing each ear!...I love going through my tunes thinking "wonder what this one sounds like with these speakers"!...

PS:Also it is good to see posts on OSA again i quit my facebook account months ago i can't stand the place!....:S

I do miss my Allen & Heath Xone:92 when i had my decks the Wong Way Wound! ;)

Reactions: billyrave

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Hehe decks Wong Way Wound! ;)

About the Pioneer DJM-S9 i dont know why you think the Pioneer DJM-S9 mixes for you its not an "automatic mixer" its a DJ vinyl mixer with Serato built in thats all it is & errm! with some other good shit built in, all the oldskool Hifi separates "ROCK" i still love the sound of the oldskool Hifi separates more so early nineties & eighties HiFi's the oldskool silver ones! so much power & sound quality "ROCKS"!.....But nothing beats the sound of a mixer directly plugged into an amped quality pair off monitor speakers the sound is incredible wish i did it years ago but i have mostly used amped monitors speakers for my production setup, get rid of them Hifi separates & buy yourself amped good quality speakers straight out of the mixer directly into the speakers!...:cool: The speakers i have which i have not had for long they sound fantastic they just throw out music energy to me & more so the way i have my speakers directly facing each ear!...I love going through my tunes thinking "wonder what this one sounds like with these speakers"!...

PS:Also it is good to see posts on OSA again i quit my facebook account months ago i can't stand the place!....:S

I do miss my Allen & Heath Xone:92 when i had my decks the Wong Way Wound! ;)

Was a real stab in the dark. It's not a controller, by any means.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Was a real stab in the dark. It's not a controller, by any means.

I know it's not a controller,I have owned a s2 and s4 and spent 3 years using traktor pro for mixing, whiles getting the funds together to buy some decks, when I learn't to mix none of this stuff was about, but I wanted to keep it basic and you can do amazing mixers without all the technology. I never own a computer until I was 27 so say 2002.all I use to do is mix . 3 decks would probably do the same as one of them mixers. Mixing 3 records together you can pull of some amazing mixes. All I was trying to say if I was going to buy one of them mixers was I would use it to cheat. The temptation would get to much for me. So I stay clear of them. I know they have loads of sound affect and are great fun and I agree technology is great and it's nice to move forward. I have done that with my computers and hi fi. But I want to keep this part of my life as pure as I can so I chose to have it nearly the same as I had my set up in the 90,s. I have use the mixing gadgets and Don, t want to take that route. Am not tring to offend anyone, I think the guy has a great set up.I know that mixer is expensive and am sure it's great fun!!! I have fucked around with all the gadgets and am bored of it all and want to keep it basic.

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
I know it's not a controller,I have owned a s2 and s4 and spent 3 years using traktor pro for mixing, whiles getting the funds together to buy some decks, when I learn't to mix none of this stuff was about, but I wanted to keep it basic and you can do amazing mixers without all the technology. I never own a computer until I was 27 so say 2002.all I use to do is mix . 3 decks would probably do the same as one of them mixers. Mixing 3 records together you can pull of some amazing mixes. All I was trying to say if I was going to buy one of them mixers was I would use it to cheat. The temptation would get to much for me. So I stay clear of them. I know they have loads of sound affect and are great fun and I agree technology is great and it's nice to move forward. I have done that with my computers and hi fi. But I want to keep this part of my life as pure as I can so I chose to have it nearly the same as I had my set up in the 90,s. I have use the mixing gadgets and Don, t want to take that route. Am not tring to offend anyone, I think the guy has a great set up.I know that mixer is expensive and am sure it's great fun!!! I have fucked around with all the gadgets and am bored of it all and want to keep it basic.

I respect that. SDJ is no Traktor though - Vinyl emulation with all the trimmings, that's best to describe it.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Bought some extra bits:

Apple Wireless Magic Keyboard (bluetooth works in Hackintosh OSX & Windows 10)
Apple Wireless Trackpad 2 (bluetooth works in Hackintosh OSX & Windows 10)
Alesis NanoCompressor (to compress the mic)
Behringer FBQ800 9-Band Equalizer (to cut out some mid "i hate" & has a low cut if needed)
Roland Vocal Transformer (vocal effects for mic)
Shure M44G Carts (also keeping my pair of Stanton 500.v3 with original stylus)

My setup is built like a cockpit you can see the mixer & monitor without moving your head just moving my eyes so i don't get any kind off motion sickness my eyes don't go out of focus it also takes to long looking around to much, the speakers are directed straight into my ears "sweet spot" (the way it should be) all the glory from the music i never miss a thing! & makes the music feel its come from the area i am standing in not from 3 metres away, with the speakers directed to me & up close it feels like your sitting inside the music sounds powerful everything is close to me just an eyeball & eardrum away also you don't have to have it as loud.

I also installed 2 new tonearms & removed the click from the pitches & cutting the orange wire so its smooth around the zero point no quartz kicking in just glides through, i bought some Yellow & Orange self adhesive paper & some Yellow & Orange self adhesive Dots in different sizes & a paper trimmer to cut perfect markers as you can see the pic & i made some Yellow 7" centre hole spindle adapters. :cool:

Decks Shure.jpg

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Almost complete.

Our basement music room/back half of the garage is near complete. Need some time to go through the records and push some out as seeing them now all unpacked, I have too many.

S

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 113

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
image.jpg

image.jpg

Left side is WBMX to 93 house including some progressive

Under the decks, late house and 88-93 Italian

Right side is hardcore 90 to 93.

Top boxes full of mix tapes and top row of records mostly unsorted. About 1/4 of collection bought from Jumpin Jack Frost so loads of whites and test pressings.

S

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Thank you all, contents are mostly up on discogs siman91.

Finding really hard to get hold of decent records here in Australia, early house etc is not loved here meaning it is very rare but when available is usually cheap. Once fully settled financially, discogs and expensive international postage will become my friend again although price of recs have gone through the roof!!

Set up have changed a bit since my post, 800's are gone now have 900's through an SL4. Wanting to upgrade to 2000's and djm900 nexus just to neaten things up. Also wife now has a car so back end of garage now full of fiat 500!!

Any comments on possible dream set up?

Djm900 serato or nexus?
Cdj2000 x2, might retain 900's as don't use fx etc.
Pioneer dj sp1, assume the pads can be programmed for cue points?

1200's speakers etc would be retained.

Just want digital but with the flick of a switch can go analogue.

S

Last edited:

ajh71

Oct 5, 2008
blackpool
older than oldskool decks,80's for sale if u want em,330 quid posted

vestax pdt-5000 oldskool decks for sale if anyones interested..throw the mixer in for nowt

Attachments

• vestax.jpg
    vestax.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 431