The Perfect sandwich

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

woody

Just made a monster butty! as i dont eat much or any salady type stuff not one for the veggies

4 lightly toasted slices of danish bread, before it even turns brown, a good buttering, and adding a thin sprinkle of grated mature cheddar and a dash of black pepper. bang it back under the grill for a wee moment before adding a smidge of BBQ sauce. Take some proper ham, no cheapy poo, pull it apart removing all the mingin whitey bits, and cover the whole slice with the said ham. sprinkle of pepper if u choose. get some proper turkey slices, cover the middle bit of the ham with slithers of turkey breast, sprinkle a tiny bit of salt before covering with plenty of grated mature cheddar, another sprinkle of pepper and a few dashs of worcestershire sauce, before stickin under a medium grill till the cheese has melted and is bubbling. then u can either flip em together for a big butty or eat em with a knife n fork if ya posh like :thumbsup: add more BBQ sauce if ya want or some mayo both go luuuushhhhhhhh :love:

i also like ham cheese n cheese n onion walkers crisp buttys but with HP brown sauce accept no imitations on condiments :naughty:

any other good snackeroonies u would like to share :king:

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
Judderz said:
Crumpets and Meatballs in Tomato Sauce :thumbsup:

Funny that- just had a tin of meatballs in tomato sauce for the first time in years a few days ago - top snackage with a bit of cracked pepper mixed through it:thumbsup: hmmmmmm

Also since im the dehydrated food king another fancy of mine is getting a packet of chicken flavour supernoodles and mixing through delita chilli sauce.

But the peire de la resistance is a bombay bad boy kingsize pot noodle.

But hey shit- ive completley gone off at a tangent.

My fave sanger is toasted cheese and ham LOL.

GucciGurl

Aug 10, 2005
manchester
ruffers said:
The best sarnie in the world can only happen on a Monday as it consists of slices of Sunday's roast beef with some raw onion. Thick white bread, butter, salt, pepper.

None of that faffing around up there....pure, simple, marv.

Thats my kinda sandwich, yummy. :thumbsup:

rob t

Sep 19, 2001
The North
ruffers said:
The best sarnie in the world can only happen on a Monday as it consists of slices of Sunday's roast beef with some raw onion. Thick white bread, butter, salt, pepper.

I am gonna have to say i agree.... that really is a top munch... :D

ClaireW

Aug 1, 2003
Manchester
ruffers said:

Yummy ... now thats one sandwich I do like :D

ClaireW

Aug 1, 2003
Manchester
Vickles said:
No Woody ya loon.

The usual ;) next time I'm at yours please :love:

Yes darling I realised that after I had put it so thats the reason for deleting it but now ya made me look extra blonde and daft cos you quoted me on it :$

Your getting beans on toast for ya tea next week now :p

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
ClaireB said:
Yes darling I realised that after I had put it so thats the reason for deleting it but now ya made me look extra blonde and daft cos you quoted me on it :$

Your getting beans on toast for ya tea next week now :p

With cheese on top please :thumbsup:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
My new Sirius Sandwich©® that Ive developed (since watching what I eat a bit more) includes:

4 leaves of coarsley cut Iceberg Lettuice.
1 thinly sliced juicy red tomato (deseeded, cut into rings)
1/2 red onion, coarsley cut into four or five set of rings.
Thinly sliced Red and Green Peppers, added to taste.
Fresh Bread slices, hand sliced into 6 halves.
BBQ (or tikka masala) coated chicken (real, not processed).

Combine ingredients to a even mixture and distribute into two sandwiches built into a triple bread stack. Serve with fresh orange juice.

Niiiiiiice.

:thumbsup:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Cant be arsed with all that palarver meself.

I'll have peanut butter on two slices of bread,if I'm making it.

However, If Trace is making it....I'll have what Woody's havin, shout me when its ready!! :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)