Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Ez Peeps

reet I need to buy an MP3 player for myself..... I just got the mrs a Mini Ipod, but I could do with one myself.... I want something at least 30gb so just wandering if any of you lot have Personal Mp3 player.......what did you buy and why? any pitfalls to look out for etc....

I know I could surf the net for days looking at reviews etc.....but the peeps on OSA are sound as...so I value your opinions :thumbsup:

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
I'm looking for one aswell Tim. Check out the "What MP3" magazine thats out at the moment. I found it useful as I'm a complete novice and they review loads of different makes and models etc. I had a quick shufty at it in Borders so saved the £4.99 cover price aswell...:thumbsup:

The Apple IPod comes out pretty much top in the mag with this coming close...

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/258342.html

Hope that helps, I know its not a personal review as such - a good few people on here recommend the IRiver tho so check that out too...:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

M

moonie

ipod

if you can folk out the brass then a 40gig ipod is all you'll ever need, dont go out drinking for a few weeks and save the brass for one

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Mister_DJ said:
I'm looking for one aswell Tim. Check out the "What MP3" magazine thats out at the moment. IMart
:rolleyes:

Cheers Mart........ so many on the market now and new ones coming out etc, it is difficult to know when to take the plunge.

Yep I have been looking into the iriver, but would like to see it in the flesh. also that Zen Touch Xtra is looking alright too.... not sure if that has a Line Level output though.

Reckon I should buy that mag 1st b4 I make the plunge :thumbsup:

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Silky said:
Creative Nomad Zen Xtra! 30Gig bagged mine for £130 was happy with that! bin ace 4 me!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aye I was looking at that on creatives webby..... how do you navigate the menu.... I could not see if it is by buttons or touch a wheel ??

Looks a tidy unit, noticed they do a 60GB version too :)

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Tim Acid said:
aye I was looking at that on creatives webby..... how do you navigate the menu.... I could not see if it is by buttons or touch a wheel ??

Looks a tidy unit, noticed they do a 60GB version too :)

yea there cheaper than Ipods and personally i think there a better unit overall as Creative are a company that do sound cards for PC's so u can imagine the sound they give!!!!

The Navigation on the unit works on a little wheel located on the top right of the unit and when you want to select an option you just push it in! easy as that! I got mine on Ebay and its wrked a treat makes those days at wrk a lot beta!!

Hope u find 1 soon mate! "Creative" highly Recommended.!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
I've got a 40 gig ipod and its absolutley awesome m8, :D really easy to use, plays a range of different formats and the sound quality is breathtaking. :| Not as cosmetic as the ipod, but if your after quality over looks check out the iriver, ask for a demo in store to compare sound quality on the different players that you may be interested in, as they should all have a demo track on them.

My best piece of advice is save up and get as large a memory as you can afford, its well worth it. Im after a 60 gig player now lol :$

The iriver also has other usefull features including inbuilt radio (that you can record off), graphic equaliser and photo storage.

italooldskool ;) ;)

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
I'm another person with a Creative. Got the Creative Nomad Zen Xtra (how many names?!?!) 30gb. Easy to use and so far reliable.
Only complaint is it could do with more battery life of a charge, but to be honest, I think this is an inherrent thing with large capacity hard drive based players.
Quality player though, recommended. My Mrs also has an I-pod Mini, which I like for size, but I'd still rather have the extra capacity in most instances. Might buy a cheapo flash card based player for the gym tho (when I actually have some money!)

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Tim Acid said:
The Gods made a decision for me :D

2 x Brand New Sealed 4GB Mini Ipods in Blue arrived through the post this morning........ Free of Charge :cool:

Oh How I Love Life :thumbsup:

Now thats just greedy.

I'll PM you my addy ;)

Nah, result mate...where dya get em?

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
I've got a 60Gb iPod and can highly recommend it. Love it to bits :love: You can download a rom-flash for it and make it record from your decks etc. I've got the Pod Gear car dock for ma car as well.. charges your iPod and play the tunes through the radio... owns tbh :thumbsup:

Just give me the 4gb ones and I'll stamp on them for you :p

---
f.

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
fugjostle said:
I've got a 60Gb iPod and can highly recommend it. Love it to bits :love: You can download a rom-flash for it and make it record from your decks etc. I've got the Pod Gear car dock for ma car as well.. charges your iPod and play the tunes through the radio... owns tbh :thumbsup:

Just give me the 4gb ones and I'll stamp on them for you :p

---
f.

LOL...

Aye I was planning on buying a 40-60GB Player before I went away on me hols. I took the wifes 4GB with us and that lasted 2 weeks playing all the time without getting bored....So it got me thinking..do i really need 40GB......then this deal came up and it sorta answered my wishes :D

Just on ebay at the moment getting all accessoried up :mad:

LOL as for stamping on it...............sure be my guest when the battery dies after 6months ;)