nowthen

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Slack Babbath

Jun 25, 2004
been after putting a nyt on now 4 ages but cudnt find a venue! a lad at work knos the new tennants of bar in town n basically ive got full control over the music every fri, sat nyt, so starting up nowthen :thumbsup: fri nyts is [now] want diff sets from funky,tribal,prog,deep house 2 gud trance n techno! then on sats its [then] oldskool nyt! if any1 wants 2 dj at any of the nyts plz get in touch, wont b able 2 pay at 1st as told them i dont want paying unlesss it takes off! so hopefully it shud all go ok, loads of stuff 2 sort out yet! not as easy as i thought this promoteing :wave: :roll:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
R Kid, have you had a word with Walshy and Damo....they may be able to give some advice as well....i can help with anything else but cant dj lol :p wish i could :$ phones:

good luck little bro, i know u will try yer best....just have to put 110% in eh :thumbsup:

any advice peeps would be helpful cus i know a few of ya do this sort of thing too, so if you can give any tips etc would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

its a local bar in blackburn town centre called JAM :thumbsup:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Northern Star said:
its a local bar in blackburn town centre called JAM :thumbsup:

Nice one, we may come over one night as its only a few miles away from us, let us know when its starting, where abouts in the town centre is it? Did it used to be called anything else? :)...so many questions! lol

Good Luck SB! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LeedsDJ

May 10, 2005
Leeds
I did a couple of nights in Leeds last year. Can be very stressful, especially when I designed the flyers and posters myself too.

Let me know if you need a good house DJ, old and new. :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Miss saysay said:
Nice one, we may come over one night as its only a few miles away from us, let us know when its starting, where abouts in the town centre is it? Did it used to be called anything else? :)...so many questions! lol

Good Luck SB! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Trace it used to be called the White Bull, right on the corner opposite from Pitchers Bar and TJ Hughes, its quite a nice bar :thumbsup: be great if ya could come over :thumbsup:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Northern Star said:
Trace it used to be called the White Bull, right on the corner opposite from Pitchers Bar and TJ Hughes, its quite a nice bar :thumbsup: be great if ya could come over :thumbsup:

Aaah yeah, i know where it is, good size pub that, nice one!! Deffo let us know when its happening. :thumbsup:

Slack Babbath

Jun 25, 2004
wicked peeps keep em cumin! bit of a mission like as theres no sound system in there lol! ill rig sumthing up, o itll b bangin. gotta go the local paper 2mos, flyers,posters, all in a wk as they want me in this wkend, will need djs in future defo want 2 giv bedroom djs the chance 2 play out aswell, shud b gud. :thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Nice one mate, if you need another DJ for the olskool nights giz I shout coz I'd be well up for it.

Is the White Bull the one on the corner near The Grove?

Slack Babbath

Jun 25, 2004
thats the 1 mucker, thought theyd ruined it by makeing it in2 a bar cos the white bull was proper dark n bangin! but 1st thing i askd was av u got a dimmer switch lol they hav thank fook. theyve also got the old amp system down stairs! shud b ok as got 6 speakers now. just need posters n flyers... :mad: :thumbsup:

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
Always good to see more people starting OS nights !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope it all goes well for you fella , from doin this for 6 years now i know sometimes it aint easy and it takes a lot of graft ( and ya have to put up with a bit of stress with certain things from time to time . . lol but thats part of it imo , and its DEFFO worth it in the end when it all goes well etc ) as long as you put the graft in to it youll pull it off !!! as the sayin goes you only get out what you put in :) :) this is so very true for running your own night . . .

Hope it all goes well for you mate . . . :thumbsup:

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
i'll have a go

Where is it based and what type of old skool do u want playin,i will do the warm up hour or a classic set its up 2 u m8

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
djnrg said:
Where is it based and what type of old skool do u want playin,i will do the warm up hour or a classic set its up 2 u m8

Its in Blackburn m8 just next door to u........ :p awww nice 1 will give u a shout when it gets goin :thumbsup:

ya can even come to mine first on the way through for a few beers with the crazy gang ;)