Anyone want sarasota (gettin out)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
does it matter?

Fair enough fella its not the original but would you rather pay £70 on ebay or pay £9,I have got mostly originals of old skool but i wont pay £70 for a remix when the original is miles better than the remix?

Davey T

Sep 15, 2004
woody said:
are these the ones that are good quality?

I've got one Sean, there pretty good quality !! and if you aint arsed about owning the originals then it's worth £8 geezer !! :thumbsup:

Dave

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
djnrg said:
Fair enough fella its not the original but would you rather pay £70 on ebay or pay £9,I have got mostly originals of old skool but i wont pay £70 for a remix when the original is miles better than the remix?

Personally I'd rather you bought the original rather than put money in peoples pockets who have no right whatsoever to make cash from a track have nicked.

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
R J said:
Personally I'd rather you bought the original rather than put money in peoples pockets who have no right whatsoever to make cash from a track have nicked.
Have you ever considered repressing this RJ?

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
i understand

I understand what u r sayin i beleive in originals i hate when someone rips off a track when you have paid top dollar for it but come on the original is better you only have to look at what butty put out sarasota or sld and it is sld or the way,would you pay £70 for sld?

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
R J said:

Not having a go or anything, or defending the bootleggers... but did you pay royalties to SLD for 'borrowing' their tune in the first place ;) :p

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
STEADMANSCOTT said:
the guys sellin a tune u either want it or not.... simple :D

Not quite that simple though where bootlegs are concerned... if you had written a tune and then discovered that people had pressed up their own copies and were ripping you off, you wouldn't be best pleased would you???

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
Yes But?

Mike said:
Not quite that simple though where bootlegs are concerned... if you had written a tune and then discovered that people had pressed up their own copies and were ripping you off, you wouldn't be best pleased would you???
Yes but did R J write the tune or have any rights to it? (no offence) he did do a good remix i would be pi**ed off if someone re-pressed my s*it :fekked:

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
Mike said:
Not having a go or anything, or defending the bootleggers... but did you pay royalties to SLD for 'borrowing' their tune in the first place ;) :p

No because Creed had already gone bankrupt so there was actually no one to clear it with , however I see where you were coming from.

Dannie Kavanagh

May 9, 2003
Earth
cheeky.anthems.com
I have seen booties of this track go on ebay for 100 quid!!...

Although I don't agree with bootleg records of these kinds of tunes, sometimes it's a case of who's worse..

The people pressing em' or the suckers that buy em'

It's kinda like a scene from them dodgy Egg adverts hahah..
"Genuine Wembley Turf" anyone?

djnrg

Dec 24, 2003
bolton
I agree

Dannie Kavanagh said:
I have seen booties of this track go on ebay for 100 quid!!...

Although I don't agree with bootleg records of these kinds of tunes, sometimes it's a case of who's worse..

The people pressing em' or the suckers that buy em'

It's kinda like a scene from them dodgy Egg adverts hahah..
"Genuine Wembley Turf" anyone?
I agree with what u r sayin people rip off old skool and its a bad thing cause at the end of the day you want to be known for the tunes you play what other people have'nt got :thumbsup:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
It cant be nice to see tracks youve made be leeched. Guess its always gone on though, but its not right, especially when its a relatively small setup like the B.I.T seems to have been.

Besides, if this was posted in the right section, nobody would have probably complained lol.

Have we really got to the point of bootlegging tracks that arent even that old yet? :S . Or is that just me who still lives kinda 5 years out of sync to my brain, hahaha.

Good job I bought mine when they first came out then, if the "boots" are even reaching above the 80's!!! :eek: . I knew they were good, I used to wait for the shops to open to make sure I got one lol.

Sirius.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
R J said:
No because Creed had already gone bankrupt so there was actually no one to clear it with

Not even Gwen Guthrie from whom it was originally sampled? ;) :p

Last edited:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
My two penneth lol

I noticed these for sale a bit ago and tbh i dont agree with bootleging either but when you have the orig or ready as i do then i suppose its not as bad. When or if i play out i would prefer to use the booty than the orig just incase it was to get nicked or damaged. The other main reason is the remix is so rare that its very unlikely that i will get a copy for under 100 quid so i killed two birds with one great big bolder lol.

Woody the quality is more than adequate for what we would use them for and tbh would be ok being played out :thumbsup: I told you about these weeks ago so i assumed you would have grabbed yours by now. Also dont be so sure that they will have non left when they run out as i spoke to the guy at RandD and he said they could get more.

Andy :thumbsup: