Alton Towers...Review!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Well started off at 9 ish in the morning :| And what a beautiful morning it was :love:

I was on pins all the way really in hope that my car would make it :$ ......landed about 11.20 and chilled till a few of the others arrived :thumbsup:

Got into the park and it wasnt long before the jacket came off and we were on the 1st ride.........NEMESIS! ;) :jumpin:

Superb way to kick start the day.....then we made our way over to the RIP SAW :D most of the gang had already been on so it was just me and Shorty!!!!:roll:

Lost everyone after this point and our little group had to walk due to my fear of the cable cars and ended up lost in the wilderness for sumtime :rofl:

After finding civilisation once more we decided to stick to the main pathways and did our own thing from here on in..... :thumbsup: :fekked:

Did the water rides pretty early on so it was nice and warm to dry off hehehe ;) ;) :loo:

Spinball Whizzer - Highly recommended and lots of fun to go on :thumbsup: :crazy: :head:

Rita - Bloodyhell :| :eek: Pheeeeewwwwww tip top...what a set off....ya leave yer stomach at the beginning and collect it at the end :rofl::car::car:

Managed to fcuk the camera up as the drink exploded in my bag and wet it through..so only got 5 or 6 pics to up :( :cry:

Jumped on the runnaway mine train and ended up on there with a bunch of loons (top guys) cheering and laughing, so we got an extra doo :p :drevil:

Twas an all round top day....but the ride of the day is still OBLIVION for sheer terror factor :jawdrop: ............ :crazy: :roll: love it!!!

Managed to fit everything i wanted to in without any queing apart from Rita...which was pretty good goin i think :thumbsup: :bounce4:

Was bloody tired when i got home though:sleep:, it is a long day :$ and after much ducking and diving up the M6 from the bloody wagons (ban them i say) :mad: we landed home about 8 o clock and proceeded straight to the chinese takeaway to see a great end to a great day :D :D :D :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Last edited:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:D Yes! I had an absolute super day yesterday too!! So thank you ClaireB for arranging it all and all the peck you went thro for us! :love:

I have to ask you all tho, as surely this cannot be right, but is anybody else aching all over from yesterday's adventures? I feel as if Ive been put in a sack and kicked the living Sh*it out of! lol Ooouch I hurt!!

God bless the wonderful weather!! :thumbsup:

S-J x :love:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i had a wicked day and it was even better with the sun decidein to play out all day :mad:

has anybody else got sunburn :cool: ?? ben you gotta have surely, you was beaming a bit.

nice to meet some of the others too, well sort of meet, claire b easty and 2 others i cant remember the names of :|

managed to go on the rides we wanted but unfortunatly 4 rides had "technical difficulties" at the same time!!! wot a bugger :( air, oblivion,submission and the black hole was shut alltogether, then Rita broke down later on :(

the rapids had to be my all time chuckle of the day:rofl: retro decides to bash everybody with his plastic blow up truncheon thingy and lost it in the water on the rapids, but the lucky bugger got it back as it followed us all the way round., mind you, he nearly fell out trying to get it:rofl:

the new rides, rita and spinball are well recommended :thumbsup:

the nemesis is still as good as ever.

we lost a few people along the way but met up throughout the day,

Gutted some peeps never made it, you missed a wicked day :cry:

FAO milenko, hows frank and bananas?????:rofl:

it was a good day i thought, but it went well quick. :(

the weather held out and it was fucking blinding man :cool: :cool: :cool:

rita was the best bit, fast as fuck and me n ben fisher made it on the front :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: micheal schumacher has got fuck all on us two we were flying man :jet:

all in all a good day glad to see every one and lets get another outing somewhere sorted for the summer, not blackpool though coz its wank

Shorty

Mar 11, 2004
ChOrLeY
Twas an excellent day all round. The weather was so good to us...made it a treat to be off work :p

As Deb's says, we manged to meet most of the crew, but then proceeded to go off-roading in the woods. Was a nice 30 min hike to get us back to the exact same spot we started from - doh!!

We did our own thing the rest of the day as we didn't have a great deal of time to get on the ride and have a bite to eat etc...

Was a shame really as didn't get chance to say hiya to everyone.

Was great though and will prob catch up with some of you at Hazy :thumbsup:

Huge thanks to Debs and Dan for taking me down there :thumbsup:

Mel...did you get on the Cable car???

Shorty

Mar 11, 2004
ChOrLeY
milenko/ said:
Hell yeah!!!!

was daunting as fuck though :|

Lol m8....Well done for conquering your fear though :thumbsup: Doesn't count if you only had one eye open though :head:

Remember seeing you and Ben on the front of rita while we were queing. Was funny as fook watching your faces change as you set off giving the 2 fingure salute to the camera - quality :thumbsup:

ClaireW

Aug 1, 2003
Manchester
It was a great day .. and it was even sunshining !! ;)

Shame we kept getting split up but as there was so many of us guess it was to be expected but good day all round :S

And we will defo have to do it again :thumbsup:

Ps - Nice to briefly meet you too Nics .. even though we didnt get introduced to each other :)

Last edited:

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
Firstly, big thanks to the lovely Claireb :love: for arranging this wonderful day.

Had a really good day and the weather was superb :D

Me and Craig got there about 10.30ish so we had plenty of time to go on all the rides we wanted to go on :thumbsup:

Rita was my best ride by far, it was unbelievably fast! We kept watching everyone's face as it took off and it was soooo funny!

We went on the log flume and I stupidly put my bag in the corner, not thinking that it would get wet DOH!!! Anyway, my phone was totally fooked, along with everything else I had in it :( Luckily Claireb :love: gave me the battery out of her old phone and it's now working fine. Thanks chicken, you're the besteset :love: :love:

Looking forward to the next OSA outing :D

See ya all on Sat :thumbsup:

Vic :love:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Had a brilliant day...super weather.. :cool:

bit of a slow start to the day but...all went well when we arrived at the park!!! :thumbsup:

Best ride for me was nemesis...(love that ride)...altho the new ride RITA was also ded good. :D was well knackered when we got back, felt like goin straight to bed but decided to have a drink or 2.. :D

will deffo attend the next trip.... ;) will see ya'll at the w/e :wave: