Leeds Love Parade 2005

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
I was lucky enough to go to the last one at roundhay park and i will never forget that day as long as i live. Was a great atmosphere and a great event. This was before i found oldskool too so i had no comparisons to make like i do now.

So is anyone planning on going to this. I see its a ticket event this time but i suppose that had to happen given the amount of peeps that just turned up last time lol not to mention the complaints from the locals etc.

I see our guys of here (joy lads) are gonna be playing there too supporting the Retro tent so it could be a good opoprtunity to experience the Joy way of life.

Check this site out for details. http://loveleeds.com/home/?folder=main

Andy :eyebrow:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
ste huxley said:
I went to the last one as well its was fkin mental, quite literally a sea of about a million people, leeds got trashed

May be up for this one, shame its not free, wtf:eek:

Ya mean like this ste

Love_Parade_Leeds.jpg

Bloody great day it was :p

Reckon if enough of us are going then its got to be worth it. May even have some of ya's stay at mine over that weekend.

Spoke to pixie and she is up for it too i reckon :D

Andy

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
This event is gonna be massive!!!! Really happy we were invited to help host one of the arenas, DJ's for JOY will be Ian Ossia, LuvDup and Kells & Tots.

We have also helped book the DJ's for RETRO, These are John Kelly, JonPleasedWimmin and of course Paul Taylor..

Looking forward to this one.

Next stop Ibiza!!!! (details soon)

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:S Stretch.... Please forgive me if Im having a moment over here atm... But I recevied an e mail over this the other day and was buzzin cause when we all went a couple of years back it was smashing....

However after looking at the dates.... errrmmmm isnt it the very same night as GT?

Soz its probaly me! :eyebrow:

S-J x :love:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
S-J said:
:S Stretch.... Please forgive me if Im having a moment over here atm... But I recevied an e mail over this the other day and was buzzin cause when we all went a couple of years back it was smashing....

However after looking at the dates.... errrmmmm isnt it the very same night as GT?

I think its you hun. GT is second sat of the month hun

The date for this shindig is 4th june :)

Andy

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
I'm up for this if I can make it. Will have to say deffo nearer the time.

The last one was pretty darn good. Liked the way tho you could just walk about and go to the pub if you wanted and then come back later on and stuff. I take it with a ticket thing this time it will be a bit more tighter controlled.

Are the clubs in Leeds doing nights in conjuction like last time?

Mart
:rolleyes:

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
S-J said:

You can go to GT's any month though babe, this is a one off. Ben won't mind... ;)

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
i was at the last one too...was one mad day..I thought after that though they'd stopped doing them. this one's in a different place for a start..loooks to me like someone's borrowed the name..still 10,000 is a fair crowd, could be a good day. :D

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
yep, the last one was tip top :thumbsup: brings back some mint memories :thumbsup: only downer was the lack of mobile phone useage to find your lost mates :crazy:

Sorry to speak my mind here, but not so sure about this one to be honest. Looks like its just a few leeds club nights trying to make a few quid under the 'love parade's' guise. For £30 i'd want to see a few A list djs for deffo, not just a load of residents from clubs around leeds. No doubt the John Kelly classics set will be special, but other than that theres no-one i'd be gagging to see on that lineup. The futurevibe thing the night before in leeds has a special lineup, and promises to offer something nice and different for the leeds rave scene, and the tribal gathering in leeds just a week or two after makes this thing look pretty ridiculous, but thats just my opinion ;) :D

Saying all that, i'd go to owt including this and still manage to have a mint time :thumbsup:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
grad said:
i was at the last one too...was one mad day..I thought after that though they'd stopped doing them. this one's in a different place for a start..loooks to me like someone's borrowed the name..still 10,000 is a fair crowd, could be a good day. :D

Its same people who are doing this one as it was the last one, they own the name...It will end up been more than 10k people too, its just the council were been funny about it after the last one...what a mad event that was :crazy:
We are really lookin forward to this one :thumbsup: