Amsterdam Trip - Dance Valley, August 5-7

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
right, a few of us are going to be paying for our tickets around about the week beginning the 18th April (student loan kicks in ;) ) so for those that were interested and have pm'd me etc here are the details of prices, options etc .....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flying option (heres a typical example, flying from coventry with thompsons - the cheapest prices ive seen thus far)

Departing
one-way Adult £1.49

Thu, 04 Aug 05
Flight TOM 295 19:25 Depart Coventry (CVT)
21:30 Arrive Amsterdam (AMS)

Returning
one-way Adult £1.49

Mon, 08 Aug 05
Flight TOM 292 08:55 Depart Amsterdam (AMS)
09:05 Arrive Coventry (CVT)

Departing (one-way)
1 Adult at £1.49 £ 1.49
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 16.50

Returning (one-way)
1 Adult at £1.49 £ 1.49
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 21.92

Flights Total = £ 41.40
Accomadation (hotel) for thurs & sun night = £20 per night approx : £40
Weekend Ticket = £67 (which includes fri & sat night camping)

so for this option we'd be looking at about £150 initially, but would get two additional nights in the dam, being thursday night and sunday night ......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ferry option (option1)

THURSDAY OVERNIGHT SAILING FROM NEWCASTLE
(includes boat party in Disco area 'til 2am hosted by ForwardReverse DJ's)

Newcastle – Imjuiden / Amsterdam (DFDS Seaways)

Depart Thur 4th August 1730 – arr Imjuden Fri 5th Aug 0930 – arr Amsterdam 10am.

Return Sun 7th August

Dep Amsterdam 1700. Depart Imjuden 1800 – arr Newcastle 0900 Monday 8th August

Add £65 per person for return overnight economy cabin accommodation in 2 or 3 berth economy cabins with shared facilities on this route) *includes £6 fuel surcharge.

Total therefore would be £149 + £65 ferry accomodation = £215

but this option would be less hassle for me to deal with ;) with coach travel to the site, weekend ticket and camping all included in the price already ......

there are other ferry options too, leaving from harwich which cost less as the sailing is shorted ... its just harwich is a bastad to get to .....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm not particularly bothered which option we do as i just wanna get there, was the best weekend of last year imo :cool: the flights option would probs be a lot more hassle with us having to make our way from the airport to first amsterdam centre then onwards to dance valley .... and the ferry/coach would be a bit of a bender with us heading over with a load of ravers etc

anyways i'll speak to some of yas soon wo are still interested and we'll try sortin sumet out ...... i'd just like to get it paid for sooner rather than later as i'll probs have no mouloir jouloir in a few months :S

laters

danny :thumbsup:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
Dj Ben Fisher said:
would love to come to this . . . . . :)

depends on how things pan out tho , as i have a new night startin soon on the 1st sat of every month , so that would fall on the 6th god dam it !!! :(

downer :S .... but cheers, you've just made me realise that ive got the bleedin dates wrong lol ..... should be august 5-7 ;)

will be a mental weekend thou :thumbsup: saturdays lineup in particular is shit hot, so much i wanna see :)

check www.dancevalley.nl for all the line-ups, details etc ....

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
im defo gonna come cos its the week b4 my birthday. i dont get the flight prices tho, so one flight is £1.49~ as in one pound forty nine - that seems incredibley cheap! (minus the taxes etc) ???

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
Miss C said:
im defo gonna come cos its the week b4 my birthday. i dont get the flight prices tho, so one flight is £1.49~ as in one pound forty nine - that seems incredibley cheap! (minus the taxes etc) ???

c'mon cheryl, read it again ..... :moonie: ;)

...... and we've alredy spoke about the prices haven't we? :ba: feck knows ...... :axe:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Danny said:
Departing (one-way)
1 Adult at £1.49 £ 1.49
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 16.50

Returning (one-way)
1 Adult at £1.49 £ 1.49
Taxes & Charges (details) £ 21.92

Flights Total = £ 41.40
:

I have, its still telling me the same thing. i wasnt taking the piss or owt, thats what it says. im just surprised at the cheapness thats all.

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
Miss C said:
I have, its still telling me the same thing. i wasnt taking the piss or owt, thats what it says. im just surprised at the cheapness thats all.

yeah these were the cheapest flights i could find ...... for others from manchester, leeds/bradford etc we'd be looking at around £100 each return .....

they are £.49 each way, and then they make their money (all be it not very much) on the tax charges they add on ..... so for these the return total is just over 40 quid ...... coventry aint that bad, its only about 30 mins from loughborough and it takes me an hour to fly down there. but not sure on how long the flights stay that cheap :S if we wanted to do this option it might be an idea just getting the flights booked asap i suppose, as the dancevalley tickets wont be selling out anytime soon, and we could practically walk into any extra accomadation we might need in the dam .....

its up to the majority thou whether flying and paying for everything seperately would be the better option, rather than just going for the whole coach/ferry/ticket package ...... as i said, i'm easy and will do whatever, just as long as we get over there again :thumbsup:

Soda Jules

Thought about the ferry package when the details were first announced, but its a long time travelling (including 2.5 hours drive to the port), and worked out quite expensive for two of us. Our tickets for the Dance Valley weekend arrived a few weeks ago - just got round to booking some flights. Decided to go for the nearest and quickest option to maximise our time in Amsterdam, and hang on to as many of my precious days off as possble... my employer, Mr Krabs, is not overly generous when it comes to hols, grudgling granting us the legal minimum each year. :mad: Got flights from Manchester for £19 pp + taxes each way with Jet2.com. :thumbsup: