has anyone seen the Paul Taylor mix cd's?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djaramaki

Jun 10, 2003
Skipton
hey folks! how ya doing?? i was just browsing retroevents.com and i noticed that there are three Paul Taylor mix cds available to buy, the tracklists look pretty good just wandered if anyone has purchased them?
maybe an osa dj should do the exact same mix and see if they can better Mr Taylor???
cheers

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
djaramaki said:
hey folks! how ya doing?? i was just browsing retroevents.com and i noticed that there are three Paul Taylor mix cds available to buy, the tracklists look pretty good just wandered if anyone has purchased them?
maybe an osa dj should do the exact same mix and see if they can better Mr Taylor???
cheers

LOL Most of the good dj's on here would be able to do it better :p

Not counting myself in that just yet lol

Some good tunes on em but not something i would shell out any money for on cd.

Would rather get em on vinyl and have some fun wit em

Andy :thumbsup:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
if you look at the tracklistings .... a few of his tracks he has suspiciously only started playing in the last few months .... for example, tunes like sarasota and twist he never ever played in the early days of retro, (only the proper classics ;) :$ :thumbsup: ) ... this board imo has deffo had some influence on what hes played out ... hes known to peruse this forum once every so often :hubba:

having said that i wont knock the guy, he gave me consistently good nights when i was younger ..... and his original retro anthems tape from way back when remains one of my fave mixes ...... sound bloke too :)

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
Danny said:
if you look at the tracklistings .... a few of his tracks he has suspiciously only started playing in the last few months .... for example, tunes like sarasota and twist he never ever played in the early days of retro, (only the proper classics ;) :$ :thumbsup: ) ... this board imo has deffo had some influence on what hes played out ... hes known to peruse this forum once every so often :hubba:

having said that i wont knock the guy, he gave me consistently good nights when i was younger ..... and his original retro anthems tape from way back when remains one of my fave mixes ...... sound bloke too :)

As if he's playing sarasota and twist thats a bit of a surprise

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
Eddy Osborne said:
As if he's playing sarasota and twist thats a bit of a surprise

hes playing all that kind of stuff now ..... all the big booties with famous piano riffs like congress etc over em ..... still with a good mix of classics thou .... sarasotas on his third mix, but he plays more or less every night now judging by what the peeps on the retro message board say ....

Attachments

• BVOL3LRG.jpg
    BVOL3LRG.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,611

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Danny said:
hes playing all that kind of stuff now ..... all the big booties with famous piano riffs like congress etc over em ..... still with a good mix of classics thou ....

When was the last time you saw him :S Been ages since i been to retro, nealry went the other night but didnt.

Andy

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
I saw him in Ibiza back in 2002. Tunes he was playing then really influenced me what I listen to know which is remixes of classics.
I agree his style has changed a lot since the days of Angels Burnley in 94-95 :thumbsup:

DJHYPE

Registered Member
Mar 2, 2005
Lot of them mixes sound familiar too. Join Hands & visionmasters ;) Young Mc/King bee ;) Young MC ASHA ;) . Not very original, but the tracklist certainly is, was somebody a little pished puttin that together. Im just off now to throw 2 Bad Mice's - Bombscare into Rolf Harris' - Court of King caracticus. BYE. :wave:

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
thats hilarious

Danny said:
hes playing all that kind of stuff now ..... all the big booties with famous piano riffs like congress etc over em ..... still with a good mix of classics thou .... sarasotas on his third mix, but he plays more or less every night now judging by what the peeps on the retro message board say ....

thats my copy of gat decor vs ce ce rogers hes put on that cd. LOL

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Paul Taylor @ JOY / RETRO

You guys should come down to our event we have with Paul and his retro crew. Every second friday of the month at Mission, Leeds, Its a wicked night, JOY will be working with retro lots this year, some really good stuff planned.....

retrousethis9hl.gif