MONROES....TOTALLY BURNT DOWN to the ground

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Pete Daley

Jan 17, 2004
well......words fail me.......totally devastated .. as i've just come form there now...

...the club is ruined...just four charcoal walls are standing......people i am holdin my head here....

..the words conspiricy spring to mind at the moment....ill leave it there before i say something ill regret...

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Well ill say it....the gaff has defo been torched by whomever didnt want want you to win that court case!!!!!

Gutted for u babe!!!!!

hope u find out what really went on here...lets just hope that fate plays hand and what goes around comes around!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
That is typical isn't it.

I take it the club was insured? I know that doesn't make up for what has been done, but just thinking it'll help build a new one, that can maybe be better someway.

I don't know how people that do stuff like that can sleep at night :|

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
Really sorry to hear that Pete . . . :(

Last thing you guys needed after winning your court case , a dam shame as yet another legendary venue bites the dust so to speak . . . . .

seems somebody didnt want you to reopen fella . . . . . . . bit mad that as didnt wigan pier have a fire also a bit back ???

me thoughts are with Alan ad all the people that worked there . . . spec after goin thro all what he as for the past few months , only to coe out of it with now no club . . . :(

choked for ya Pete :( hope the Den Perry style fecker(s) involved get what's coming....

prolly don't wanna hear this at the mo mate but this sprang to mind - may raise a small smile anyways :)

phoenix-bandwagon-potter-150.jpg

"they say it was started by a discarded fag...."
"what's happened Brian...?"
"Jerry - some queers burnt me club down...."

chin up mate...

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
arr pete ...

really sorry to hear this , spesh after everything you guys have been through to keep it open ...

hope yas can sort it all out :thumbsup:

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
Gutted spent a big chunk of my 20`s at that club will miss it very much :cry: :cry: might just pop up to great harwood and pay my last respects to my all time fave club..... :(

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Certain sectors probably didnt want such an 'immoral' club re opening again :ba: .....arson and vandalism being a favoured tactic employed in such situations.
Could be anybody that had a grudge, some sort of turf thing? I dunno. It sucks anyway.
.....eitherway, something decidedly dodgy happening there innit.

Local residents maybe?, rivals who's taken the business whilst it was shut? A mere accident or kids? Who knows.

Either way, if you are insured, just do it bigger and better ;) and rub thier faces in it . I can imagine its a nightmare though :| :eek: . Sheesh.

Sirius.

DJ Bin-Bag

Apr 7, 2003
preston
ffs

this is awfull news, monroes will be very missed, i spent many many nights there in the early 90's, this was a mega club as anyone who went will know.
i actually drove down to monroes a few weeks ago after i had been shopping in blackburn just for a look for memories sake and thought ive got to go just once more to this place, ABSOLUTELY FUCKING GUTTED TO FUCK

Pete Daley

Jan 17, 2004
tar for those messages...just found out that somebody had drove a car through the main double door [ rammed it] and then torched the car from the inside... you could just about see it in th emiddle of the dance floor from where we were stood at the edge of teh car park....we werent allowed to go nearer.

...what next....

..sori guys re-buildin is not an option due to financial reasons as the club was not open..and the police frooze ian's assets etc etc... think ya know what im tring to say....

end of an era.....it will be missed im sure.........

Attachments

• Image036.jpg
    Image036.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 3,168
  • Image032.jpg
    Image032.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,759
  • Image035.jpg
    Image035.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,804

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
Me and my mates have got hundreds of pics from early 90`s gonna scan them in and upload them to create a monroes memorial thread so people can see what is was like back then....... :(

Pete Daley

Jan 17, 2004
thats a great idea...was just lookin to upload some myself..hopefully dispell some of the myth's that went with the club....

Top 1.