watch this `un go

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Good to see chi-town proper house holding its own these days :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4061965975&rd=1

This seller has the best records in the world ever !
(Check some that he has sold so far ;))

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4057164631&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4059202750&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Love this...

Hello, my name is Andres Lopez and I am a House Music Enthusiast, a serious record collector and life-long retailer that really love what I do and truly understand and respect what House Music is all about. I got my start around 1981 working with a wonderful boss named Jesse Jones of “Master C & J” and “Quest” at the very famed "Loop Records" in downtown Chicago. I worked at this record store for about 3 ½ years and this is the place where I got most of my knowledge and simply acquired a great ear for House Music.

After Loop Records, my then boss Jesse Jones, continued to helped me out by opening up a booth at a local flea-market located on the North Side of Chicago called “The Buyers Flea-Market”, which I continued to work for him at this location for about ½ a year. Eventually I bought this business from him and continued on by my self for around four years until 1989 when I decided to open up Hot Jams Records and when sadly enough, around the same time, the flea market burned down.

On November of 1989, Hot Jams Records was founded by my father and I along with one of the members of the “Hot Mix Five” named Mario “Smokin” Diaz, which later that year, Mario was bought out and the business continued on by ourselves.

Since its establishment in 1989, Hot Jams Records has been located on the corner of Pulaski & Archer in Chicago and is still going strong. Since 1981-2004, I have personally been involved with the House Music scene and have helped out a ton of acts, producers, DJ's and artists from the USA and abroad. Further more, I have and still continue to support all the local, national and international independent labels. When our website goes up, you will be able to see some great pictures, scans of old flyers and read a bit more about my history with more detail.

Konspiracy said:
Incidentally, there used to be a seller in Afflecks Palace in the early 90s who imported loads of old Chicago / NY Acid, house etc, as he used to go over a few times a year...

He had all the Target releases by Joe Lewis for 5 quid, amongst Denise Lopez for a tenner, Ce Ce Rogers for a tenner..etc..

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. :rolleyes: :cry:

Aye it is :(

I`m sure I`ve missed a few also.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Hell fire......i seriously wouldnt a mind a flick through the 80,000 strong records this guy has........!!!! ;) And what a fantstic story behind them...made a really interesting read did all that.... :thumbsup: ...looks i visited the wrong record shops when i was in Chicago...damn and blast :(
Aww makes ya feel all warm inside :love:

Dreamgirl

Feb 16, 2004
Peoples Republic Of Liverpool
Konspiracy said:
Incidentally, there used to be a seller in Afflecks Palace in the early 90s who imported loads of old Chicago / NY Acid, house etc, as he used to go over a few times a year...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....me=STRK:MEWA:IT

He had all the Target releases by Joe Lewis for 5 quid, amongst Denise Lopez for a tenner, Ce Ce Rogers for a tenner..etc..

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. :rolleyes: :cry:

I used to love that shop in Afflecks palace - sealed dance mania tunes for 4 quid :p

Ive had a few tunes off this dealer to - Im putting the money toether for a flight to Chicago as I bet the shop is a dream.

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
lastnightadj said:
I know its not a popular view and I can appreciate the history but TBH a lot of this early Chicago passes me by - especially at some of the prices :S
Imho "I'm The DJ" is a tune aswell tho. Agreed the prices are steep and some of it is obscure, but this one's a fairly rare one. I'd love a copy meself...:cry:

Had stuff off Hot Jams aswell. He's a very, very nice chap aswell...very friendly:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes: