EBAY postage piss take . . . .

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
Well weve had many posts bout high postage prices on ebay . . but this one ive just had is a PISS TAKE to say the least . .

i recently just won two records , now it stated the postage for a tune was £3.50 which is high by any standerds . . but it didnt state what it was for the 2nd or third etc etc . . . after winning i get an invoice charging me

£7.00 FOR TWO RECORDS !!!! WTF !!! LOL ???? ( from birmingham )

this is not on imo . . . and am not sure what to do , as theres no way on earth im payin £7 for two record ( which will cost less then £2 to send to 1st class post ) . . and if i dont pay i get bad feedback . . . ???

i wouldnt mind if he were sendin em inm a gold plated mailer or summat !! lol but that is just ridiculous . . . i was goin to buy another two so im guessin i would have been chraged £14 !! lol lol

STUART

Jul 27, 2002
Birmingham
if your payin by paypal what i would do is adjust the P&P to what you think and just send payment.

as for ridiculous postage i recently won

Agostini - dance on the groove - 8 Euros
Da Blitz - take my way - 7 euros

2 minted tunes for very cheap prices they are in Barcelona so i would of thought about 15 euros max postage as its usually about 10 ish anyway no i get an invoice asking for 30 Euros P&P for 2 records i dont think so!!!

ive only paid 30 Euros for 55 records from Italy which was a big box so 2 records aint that much
anyway still havent paid and even prepared to get neg feedback as i wont pay for it hes trying to make up for what he lost on the records going for less than he thought :cops:

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
DJJAMIII said:
i think people selling record shave looked at whit price others charge p&p and just thought that was standard..instead of looking into it.....and a few have tried to see if they can get more.....i bought one last week £1.25 p&p...thats what it should be!

£3.50......erm no...

id accept a charge of £3.50 for the first tune no complaints , what with paypal charges , p + p etc . . but the 2nd tune should be like 50p or sumat but 3.50 for every tune . . is fookin scandalous . . .

I won 2 records on seperate occasions, but the seller sent them together, and in his auctions he mentions that every extra record won would be an additional 50pence, he charged me 2 lots of postage at £2.50, so I ended up paying £5 for 2 records. So I leave him neutral feedback but stating I was robbed on postage, and guess what, his feedback is now private, I wonder how many more people he has done this to. Ive even seen more tunes I want from this guy, but on principle (and the fact I dont want to be robbed from this guy again) I wont buy from him anymore.

STUART

Jul 27, 2002
Birmingham
that was aimed at me btw :thumbsup:

i cant always keep track of people buying more than one record i have around 30-40 a week in sales as ive got a large collection to get rid of.

Also the feedback is private for now due to more than 5 people in the past month buyin items then leaving neutrel feedback because i leave neg feedback on non payers mainly from abroad.one guys explanation was "cheers for neg feedback sorry i wasnt quick enought to pay" after 2 months how long should i wait.

Anyway if you have a problem with a purchase you should leave the right feedback so if i disapointed fair enough but its not due to your feedback as i explained about your items.

Think 2.50 plus 50p on additional items it fair or standard anyway.

lets not get into it anyway thats ebay and this is OSA :love:

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Ben, I was bidding on an item where the postage was £3.45 for 1 tune...

I email the seller and asked him politly to justifiy his postage charge, condidering the 'costs' for 1st class post for 1 tune including a mailer etc is approx £1.70 ........ The guy replied and dropped his postage to £2

Sometimes you need to contact people and negotiate a bit..

Re an invoice for £7 for two tunes....... he could have made a mistake on ebay automated invoice system........ it has happended to me before where I have sold more than 1 record and for some reason the postage was calculated twice.... the buyer paid me the money mind, but I refunded him the difference as peronally I would feel shit taking the piss out of people..

Have a word with him m8, I am sure you will get what you want in the end..

If not leave the fucker bad feedback for ripp off charges and do not bid again with hm.

:thumbsup:

Stevie

May 17, 2003
Blsckburn
£3.50 for 1st class recorded seems to be the going rate for records on ebay.

But paying nearly that again for a second record in the same package seems excessive to me.

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Stevie said:
£3.50 for 1st class recorded seems to be the going rate for records on ebay.

But paying nearly that again for a second record in the same package seems excessive to me.

that can't be the going rate surley, that is taking the piss big time even for recorded post...

I basically do not bid on the tune if postage is more that £2.75..... unless I am desperate for it.. and even then I ask them to drop the cost to post it 2nd class if I have to.

Lake Eerie - Sex for Daze NG-009 (1988)
Massive Sounds - I Want You NG-010 (1989)
Power House - Brooklyn Style NG-016 (1989)
The Dynamic Due - In The Pocket NG-020 (1989)
Bobby Konders - House Rhythms NG-038 (1990)
Code 6 - Forgotten Moments EP NG-043 (1990)

Won @ $20.50 = 11 GBP

Seller asked for $15.75 p&p = 8.50 GBP

Postage actually cost the seller $18.10 (without packaging) = 10.00 GBP

--------

I had a non-sender recently, right wound me up - cheeky fecker just left ebay and paypal said "Tim, you're in the right, but we can't do anything".

Beware: paypal protection is worth nowt on small vinyl trades (the majority of which we all undertake)

--------

The above Nu Groove lot arrived this morning from NY - paid for them on the 12th of Nov, so took 10 days... not bad.

Trades like that offset the nastier ebay b'stards out there.

ZENZEN

Jun 13, 2002
Northern Ireland
www.coachniteclub.com
Rip off merchant!

Well some guy has just emailed me asking for another £1 on top of his £2.75 postage for one tune within the UK. That's £3.75 in total he is looking, I am reluctant to pay the extra quid as I think it's a disgrace! Going to pay and leave him -ve feedback if I have been ripped off. :mad:

Unless as Ben says it's in a gold plated mailer.

I live in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK and have been posting tunes myself for years to the UK and always charge £2, how can this guy justify £3.75??

I dont live in Europe! Check the link and his postage rates, what do yous' think I should do??

eBay link!

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
He might be a bit thick and not realise Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

Id tell him politely that the postage costs are the same and there is no justification for an increase in price.

Iv noticed that alot of sellers only leave feedback only after they have recieved feedback (which is wrong), so if you end up givin him negative feedback you might be end up with some.

O_Z

Feb 10, 2004
I hate it when its £2 for normal postage then you need to add £1 on for recorded, whats the pound for?
C*nts!
Once I paid for special delivery and tune got sent 2nd class non recorded, some people eh.
:confused:

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
I have just really got started with Gemm and listing stuff on there, so am interested to know what should be fair and proper for postage.
I set it up a while ago and can't remember where I got my postage information from - I think it was another user in Gemm (which after reading this thread, has got me paranoid about me having copied somebody who is taking the piss).

Here's what I put:
UK:
1st Record 12" or Album £2.00
Each Additional Item £1.00
Rest of Europe:
1st Record 12" or Album £4.00
Each Additional Item £1.50
USA & Rest of World:
1st Record 12" or Album £6.00
Each Additional Item £2.00
Double albums count as 2 records.

Is that taking the piss? If anybody on here knows exactly what it should be then please let me know so I can update accordingly.
Thanks in advance.

ZENZEN

Jun 13, 2002
Northern Ireland
www.coachniteclub.com
It's hard to say exactly mate what exact prices are as I find some records themselves weigh more than others and if it is in a cardboard picture sleeve with inlay then it weighs a bit more. I always ship my records in a new cardboard mailer (providing I havent run out) with a stiffner and these are the charges I state on my eBay sales screen

WITHIN THE U.K INCLUDING NORTHERN IRELAND FIRST CLASS(1-3 DAYS)
STANDARD SERVICE:1 ITEM=£2.00 THEN £1.00 PER ITEM
RECORDED DELIVERY:1ITEM=£2.50 THEN £1.00 PER ITEM

TO EUROPE AIRMAIL(2-4 DAYS)
STANDARD SERVICE:1 ITEM=£3.50 THEN £1.00 PER ITEM
RECORDED DELIVERY:1 ITEM=£6.50 THEN £1.00 PER ITEM

TO THE U.S.A. AND THE REST OF THE WORLD AIRMAIL(4-8 DAYS)
STANDARD SERVICE:1 ITEM=£5.00 THEN £2.00 PER ITEM
RECORDED DELIVERY:1 ITEM=£8.00 THEN £2.00 PER ITEM

I think this is fair as I have sometimes had to pay extra postage depending on where the record is going. This si my guideline but others may disagree.

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
Cheers for advice - I have adjusted accordingly. I don't mind if I lose out on occassions with postage as I am sure there will be other times when I might make a few extra pennies. I just don't want to take the p**s just through me not having done exhaustive research at the Post Office and their scales.

err, when I said I adjusted accordingly, I actually meant I shamelessly pinched. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited: