YOUR Ultimate Tune from a Club..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Everyone has one tune that reminds them of a club..

It can be any club, from any era, e.g Hac, Zone, Shelleys, the Quad, Goodtimes, Kaos, Back to Basics, Timeless, Eclipse etc etc..

Mine is probably Seduction - Youre My One and Only (True Love) from the Hac..

Theres loads of others I couldve mentioned, and I wouldnt say its my favourite tune of all time (its up there tho..) but thats the one that sticks out..

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Here's a thread that might be of interest (again)

A similar thing, bit of a slant on it though (sorry to bump it in yours, but thought it would make a nice read, even if it did end up being a jammer/huxley spin off lol)

Tune Association

HTE

Jun 9, 2004
Now that's a tricky one..... but if I had to pick one, haha, and if I think about it there's not a single piano in there, it would be, Plastikman's Spastic Plastic for Sabresonic down at appyjax.

That bit, just as the beat kicks it, with the drums going backward, fowards, insides out, god, I can almost smell it!!!

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Everytime i hear Joey Beltram - Energy Flash it reminds me of Flashback in Birmingham years ago when i met Ratty backstage and i was well chuffed at that! He was tiny! lol

GavinH

Jun 16, 2004
Brothers love dubs - Mighty Ming = Life @ Bowlers (1992)

Remake - Bladerunner = Carlos2 (Colne) (1993) Tunnnnnnneeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Dave Clarke - Red 2 ... reminds me of atomic jam :head:
Renegade - Terrorist ... reminds me of some scary nights at quest :eek:

and on a more recent note, Lil louis video clash will always now remind me of the upstairs room at hazy :D

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Mine as to be

Parradice - Can you hear me (also known as global)

The best memories are when Paul Taylor dropped this at numerous Retro nights but more recently have heard it at Timeless and even hazy when i played it.

Always gets the reaction it deserves in my opinion.

Just need to get my hands on an original copy now :p

Andy

grover

Jun 5, 2003
the state , liverpool 1988
bam bam - where's your child
when i first heared it i was like wtf :|

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Although probably not even in my top 10 favourite tunes if I was in a club the tune I buzz off most is:

Prodigy - Your Love

Wicked chooooon that hoolds lots of memoriEs

HTE

Jun 9, 2004
Shooms, is that the classical music (reminds me of horse riding for some reason) track?

Sil - Windows always reminds me of the Eclipse. I can only remember it being played there once, by Carl Williams very early in the night. But it was one of those strange moments of clarity you get. One minute the dancefloor is just a few people milling around, then it's like someone flicks a switch and everyone is there and moving....

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Was not into clubs that much in the early dayz just muddy fileds, empty warehouses and squat parties.

None of these are ultimate club tunes but ones that hold some fond memories

Longstock 1991 - Genaside II - Narra Mines - as we were walking up the road passed the road blocks - you could hear the lyrics 'people why don't u come and hear' - always remember that moment - was class

Torpedo Town, Liss 91 - Production House - Keep the fires Burning (someone had just set fire to a travellers bus)

Evolution 1990 - Orbital - Chimes

Ashleys warehouse - Index - Give me a sign

Torpedo Town, otterbourne 92 - DJ Crystal - Drop Xtc (this time the council incenerator went up in flames and the police closed it down)

Farnham, Squat parties 1990 - Mr Monday - Future

Somewhere near the M3, Winchester 1993 - Edge 1 - Compounded

Club Uk 1994 - Chris and James - Club for life

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
LOL - The tunes that most remind me of The Eclipse are....

Xpansions - Elevation

&

Cola Boy - 7 Ways To Love

And that remake of Soft House Co that was mentioned in tune id's the other day reminds me of a club night in Sheffield called Trash.

PMSL - Why's it always the cheesier tunes that stick in yer mind....??? :$ :$ :$ :cops:

There are a few more obscure tracks tho that help remind me of Eclipse days and they're....

External Gravity - "Gravity"
II Exodus - "Dark Spirits"
Voodoo Child - "Voodoo Child"
Shades Of Rhythm - "Armageddon" (reminds me of a pa they did and I couldn't for the life of me get the vocal sample out of my head on the train home...:fekked: )

That Nexus 21/Altern 8 track that sounds like an ice cream van always reminds me of an outdoor do I went to down in Hertfordshire...:crazy:

And Funky Green Dogs - "High Up" reminds me of Hard Times...:thumbsup: phones:

There'll be loads more....prolly more cheesy ones tho...:$ :|

Mart
:rolleyes: