Which childhood toy....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Which childhood toy or toys do you miss the most and wish you still had?

I know I should say my starwars figures, i used to have the old darth vader and luke skywalker with the lightsabres that slid out of there arm, cos they'd be worth a fortune right now. But to be totally honest I'd destroy the lot of them (again) to have my old Transformers back!!!!!

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Hahaha! Yeah they were so cool! :cool:

Remember getting in to them when I was living in Greece, and this American lad who lived up the road from us had Megatron. I was so jealous coz it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. It's a dude, no wait, it's a gun! Pure class. :) :thumbsup:

7641-toys-transformersjapan_pvc6megasfcmegatron.jpg

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
turpieaj said:
That evil kinevel gyro bike thigamy jig..The one that had the red base the bike sat on and you used to crank it up with a white handle. Virtually indestrucatble. Don't make toys like that now.:(

Andy

my mate damian still has his evil kenevel on the side board and the box is still in perfect condition...i think he has the truck too sumwhere....hours of fun with that thing.......!

i do think boys toys were far more inventive than girls toys tho.......i mean there is only so much you can do with cindy or barbie dolls......lol........

Etch a sketch like scot says was quality and some of the board games i had.......i had a game called 'the purple people eater' i wish i still had that...not seen any around for years!

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
Northern Star said:
Etch a sketch like scot says was quality and some of the board games i had.......
etch a sketch was one of my favourites, i never got bored with it either, not sure if they still sell them nowadays but i might ask father christmas for one :$

Not really a toy but i had a musical thingy with a handle and a nob on the front to wind it up and it used to play the tune of "raindrops keep falling on my head", i think it's the 1 thing i miss the most from being little and still have dreams i can hear it but i can never find it :cry:

my red and yellow suede roller boots were ace too :)

jayne x

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
my BMX - i loved my bike
crossfire - they made mighty weapons when you took the gun out of its holder and held it to your sisters head!
my atari console - combat what a poop game hehe
rolf harris xylophone thingy - i could annoy mum for hours with that (happy days)
weebles - good fun and also made handy weapons when thrown with force at sisters head!
rubicks cube and snake - kept me quiet for a while
twister - just the best laugh ever.......not quite the same when you buy it for your 8 yr old son and find out just how painful it really is to a very unsupple 34yr old!
clackers - ouch!

just so many to mention

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
glazzy said:
my red and yellow suede roller boots were ace too :)
Lol me n me sis had red n yellow suede rollerskates! God i loved rollerskating! I also loved 'My little pony' :$ they dont make em like they did years ago! I loved the one with wings!

I loved lego aswell, we used to get lego every xmas and you'd be sat there all day trying to make a bloody windmill! lol

Did anybody ever have an E.T, it was hard and it had a pull string on its back?

markic

Jun 17, 2003
West Stand, Tier 2
Miss saysay said:
Did anybody ever have an E.T, it was hard and it had a pull string on its back?

Ha no way, totally forgot, I had one of those. My brother found it in my parents bedroom just before chrimbo one year. He got busted because he set it off and it wouldn't shut up before our Dad came upstairs! :naughty:
It used to say EEEELLLLIIIIIIIIOOOOTTTTTTT
and E.T E.T E.T E.T dead fast over again, and E.T PHONE HOME, can anyone else remember anymore?

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
markic said:
It used to say EEEELLLLIIIIIIIIOOOOTTTTTTT
and E.T E.T E.T E.T dead fast over again, and E.T PHONE HOME, can anyone else remember anymore?
LMAO!! Thats right!! EEEEEEEELLLIIIOOOOOOOT!!! I think me mum gave ours to a charity shop! :(

I used to love rainbow brite aswell and strawberry shortcake, all the things smelt like fruit n vanilla!!

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
markic said:
Be worth a bloody bomb now an all! No idea what happend to mine, probably ended up broke.
Infact come to think of it alot of my things ended up at a chairty shop including old fantazia/dreamscape and kinetic tapes!! AAAAGH!! MUUUUUM!!! :crazy:

TK TONNY

Aug 2, 2004
kirkdale
Evil Knevil Stunt Cycle.:thumbsup:
AT-AT:thumbsup:
My full set of A-Team action fugures Including the van and Faces car:thumbsup:

My T C R (scalextric) set the one where you could change lanes and there was a truck on it aswell that went round by its self:thumbsup:

My Entire collection of Transformers comics issue 1 - 300 (my bleedin mum through them all away would of been worth a fortune:mad: )
Plus the almight Astro Wars Game (class):thumbsup: