Club Classique Summer Bank Holiday Special 28/08/04

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
After feelin very delicate i maneged to get myself to oldham to support rabbitcity, cano , easty, dannster , ste h , and sully.

Just like to say a big well done sully i had a brilliant night would ov danced all night but i wasnt a well girl :| Did think the M'C needed to chill when u was doin ur set :naughty: :naughty:

Well done to veee lozza woody sweet shabba va shoomes kate me rabbitcity s-j and ow do helen for draggin our lazy arses up to enjoy a top night love u all :love: :love:

The 6 dj's goin back to back was well good :thumbsup:

Thanks to ste an dannster to puttin us up last night and sorry we snuck off in the early hours but being awake for 2 days i could hear my bed callin me lol:love: :love:

Last edited:
E

easty

I will reply to this properly in a bit but my head is proper fekked and my nose his hurting through ste "the ultimate warrior" huxley trying to wrestle at 5 o clock this morning and then trying to pistol whip me with a poster. Just got to work now, roll on 7am

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
easty said:
I will reply to this properly in a bit but my head is proper fekked and my nose his hurting through ste "the ultimate warrior" huxley trying to wrestle at 5 o clock this morning and then trying to pistol whip me with a poster. Just got to work now, roll on 7am
Poor you in work dont know how u have done it was nice to meet you last night hope ur nose isnt too sore xx

E

easty

Bubbles said:
Poor you in work dont know how u have done it was nice to meet you last night hope ur nose isnt too sore xx

I did'nt say too much though did I, I told everyone I was proper shy in real life LOL

E

easty

Right then where do I start?
I got there and I was already wrecked to be honest. My set was not really the best to be honest. I had no plan, I just picked up a load of records and hoped for the best. It took me a while to get going but I was ok in the end pulled of a mega mix with asmo - jam the dance and the in n out of my life acca. (sully let me hear my mix first before anyone else has it as I am dreading hearing it. It'll teach me not to get wrecked beforehand hopefully)
Next up was danster and i was well impressed. I had not heard him play since we all had a go at courtneys last summer and to be honest it was like listening to a different dj. Where did that scratching come frrom fella? TOP STUFF.
Then came top sets from cano and rabbitcity. I can't wait to play with the pair of you's again. Next time i will get to play the stuff I usually play and because the 3 of us have different tastes then we should all compliment each other.
Then came Ste Huxley and Sully. If i am gonna be honest then I must admit that I was well gone by this point and from the 2 sets all I remember was ste playing panic (top tune)
A big shout must go to all the peeps I had never met before - kt - lozzie - vee - helen - shoomster. Sorry I did not say much but i warned you's that I was proper shy in real life LOL .
Big thanks to sj, I really enjoyed myself last night chilling out and talking absolute codshite with ya, I hope it's not another 6 months before I come out and we can do it again
What can I say about the woodster, he has poor taste in tshirts but your a top mate fella and i absolutely buzz of ya. I think hazy had took it out of ya fella to be honest but i still had a buzz
Finally to sully, cheers mate, it was a good night in the end and i think it pleased everyone. There WILL be more club classique soon and thats for certain. Lets just hope it catches on and it gets taken to the next level.
Before I go the biggest mystery of the whole night was how I somehow managed to get in dansters van that was suppose to be going to abbey hey. We got no where near there and I ended up fekkin miles away near the airport somewhere. The worst thing is that we had to drive right past my house to drop cano off. It has been a strange weekend and thats for sure

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
easty said:
I did'nt say too much though did I, I told everyone I was proper shy in real life LOL
Me either chick i didnt have any energy to speak or move i will never being doing two nights again it kills me ...!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sully

Jul 14, 2003
Manchester
www.S-30.co.uk
Thanks to all for coming to this night, good to see some faces that i hadn't seen for a while....

Top sets by all the DJ's who played before me and nice bit bit of DJin / MCin from the Dannster...!!! phones:

Couldn't really hear the MC when I was playin as he didn't come through on the monitor, not got the discs back yet but i'll have a listen tomoz.

Club Classique wil now continue at the same venue EVERY FRIDAY 9-2 with resident DJ's Sully, Lee Kelly and Cano plus regular guest slots.

Thanks again to all who turned up. :thumbsup:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Aye it was a good night, thanks to all OSA that turned up its well appreciated.Somne damn fine tunes were played and there was a good atmosphere.Nice 1 for the slot Sully.

The beat is rockin yeah Im moooofin!!!:king:
Ste the ultimate warrior came out for a minor guest appearance back at ours l8r, Ive now got a large graze on my shin lol. Easty has a sore nose:fekked:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:cool: Right here goes.... Errrrmmmm forgive me its been one hell of a very long weekend... Those that came out starting Thursday will understand!!! LoL

Sully Love, well done you, I actually quite enjoyed myself.... I well wanted to boogie on down... But errrrr.... as Easty quoted, I felt like Mr. Soft... My arms and legs and just about everything else that belonged to my body would not work :fekked: I think it was Ste J that dropped King B and I had it, all be for about 3mins then that was it... I was a liability stood up!!

So Thank You too very much Easty for keeping me sat down, still and buzzin to the max of yer head!! :hubba: If you hadn't well errrrr.... nuff said... and it better had not be another 6mts, or else your in bother!!!

The rest of you Boys... Well done! I enjoyed each and every one of your sets!! Bob on!!! :thumbsup:

Girlies... :love: :love: :love: :love:

S-J x

Mayon

Aug 24, 2004
Chemical Cloud HWND
www.acidplanet.com
Had a good night, it has been a while since i last went out, i felt real rusty, the tunes were good, some nice bangin tracks being played, Respect to the dj who played.... ecstacy ecstacy i think by joey beltram? (i think cano played it) i did try and blag sully for some hippos stuff, but like a rock he stood firm! good night all in all, just waiting for this hardcore night to start, going to be looking forward to this one!
Good job to all the dj's :thumbsup: Respect for the night! :thumbsup:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
yeah a good night had by all :thumbsup:

all sets were different which was nice , bit of varitey an that :king: few nerves on my part :cops: maybe that had somat to do wi me mate charlie :eyebrow: lol .

nice one to all that made it down , hopefully see some of yas at the next one .

and mayon it was energy flash by joey beltram - serious tunage :p always love playing that one :cool:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
CANO ... said:
yeah a good night had by all :thumbsup:

all sets were different which was nice , bit of varitey an that :king: few nerves on my part :cops: maybe that had somat to do wi me mate charlie :eyebrow: lol .

nice one to all that made it down , hopefully see some of yas at the next one .

and mayon it was energy flash by joey beltram - serious tunage :p always love playing that one :cool:
Nerves??? :confused: You havin a laff chick??

Deffo wernt nerves that I was hearing slammin out of that speaker babe... Only sheer quality!!! So there!!! LoL

S-J x :love:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
oh yes aye my mate :p

to pull that off would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :king:

ill keep ya posted :thumbsup:
Mayon said:
Bring on bowlers eh cano..?? ;) i recon its possible very possible, £100 off each person and ya laffin :thumbsup: get 25 people ;) willing to coff up that ammount

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
Had a really good night here was in a very chuffy mood and buzzed off it. Thought the venue was a top place - Nice and cozy with nice bar staff and friendly atmosphere. Got str8 in there to find Easty on the ones and twos performing a top mix of ASMO and In and out of my life - good stuff fella. :thumbsup: Got str8 into my set and did ok I thought really enjoyed it and did a bit of Mcin n scratchin n accas - Nice one for the spot Sully!

Top sets by Cano with some mint atmospheric tunes firing off with Sub Sub - Space Face and Nice one for playin Intoxication! Next Up Lee kicked off the italian section which went down well and got a crackin response! Ny Energy went down well and got loads up dancin. Ste then kicked off with that mint "ohmjicka" piano Tune and other top mixes n some mint piano breakbeat tunes - Nice one for pullin off the Your Love into Rachel Wallace mix - bang on!

Then a nice set by Sully At the end playin some belters like Spaced - Deeper! Quality - I was dancin my sack off probably danced more in there than in hazy my little legs are achein now!

Last bit was fun bangin Extra Large Choonz on and makin everyone buzz!
Really like the venue and think its got great potential to be a top place!

Id like to thank everybody who turned up to support I know it was a bit of a mission to make it out for the double but big respect to yas who made it - Well appreciated!

Sorry for giving up on the taxi mission half way through Was thinkin I was probably pushin it a bit after drinkin a couple more than i shud av I also had an appointment with a litre of vodka that i was late for. Lol was a good laff tho! Orrrr Jeeaaarr! :) :cool: phones:

Had a birrova nightmare all round gettin to the place but huuuuuuuuuuuuge fanks to the man like VA who clocked up more mileage than Schuey that w/e :king: :thumbsup:

We (Shabbs, Sweet, VA & meself) arrived for the beginning of Ste J's set & 1st impressions was that it was a tidy lil venue :)

OSA crew in the corner havin it large & supportin the boys :) Nice atmos... not too townie at all :) :eyebrow: Decent sound system nice n boomin although wished the MCs would give it a rest though imo lol :naughty:

Highlights of the evening for me were Ste J playing DJ Jimmy De Roy :thumbsup: :rofl:, Cano playin Energy Flash :love:, Sully playin Teknobit & me finally meeting Easty (top fella :) get yr arse to Hazy !!! :eyebrow: )

Nice one to Sully - looks like yr buildin a well decent night there mate :D

RabbitCity

Feb 7, 2004
WARRINGTON
I just wanna say big thanks to all the osa crew for showing up to suport us on are first night...:thumbsup:

And a big thanks to all djs that turned up to play there blinding set`s...:thumbsup:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Well..............after less than an hours sleep on the sunday afternoon, another night out was bloody hard work but we'd said we'd go so go we did!!!!!!!!!!

Even though from the time i was ready to the time i got to the club was 3 1/2 hours and alot of stress!!!!!!! Only had two hours in the club but really enjoyed the time i was there, just a shame we were't there for the boys who played first but never mind eh!!

The best bit was when sweet went to the bar to get us both a drink, came back and said i'd got my drink for free!!!!!!! The bar maid had bought it for me cos she had never met any one before who drinks cider and lime!!!!!! I had to go over and chat to her about the joys and perils if being a cider and lime drinker, she was so lovely and i enjoyed my pint even more cos it was free. :thumbsup:

Proper buzzed at the end when all of the boys were behind the decks, it was really good that.

xx :wave: