Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

XValentinadobeX

Registered Member
Aug 1, 2004
leicestershire
members.aol.com
GUTTED! our tickets had gone on the door at sankeys! i will be tellin someone off very shortly :naughty: about that 1. anyway we went to the dry bar and im gonna say it but it was crap!, we still had a dance thou, but im afraid to say i wont be goin there again no no no no :naughty: kids and twats :S

E

easty

XValentinadobeX said:
we went to the dry bar and im gonna say it but it was crap!,

I will have to agree here unfortunately although, I think it was more to do with the fact that there was just too many nights on this weekend. The two highlights of the night was getting to see grimmy playing scouse house down stairs and recca being on form as usual upstairs.
I must point out that RECCA PICKED THE NEEDLE UP OF THE RECORD THAT WAS PLAYING, and I thought it was idiots like me who did things like this LOL

Oli

Jul 11, 2002
Warrington

we went on sun, pretty disappointed with the nite as I thought the room downstairs was old skool all night, they played about an hour so spent most of the nite upstairs in the scouse house room

didnt rate dry bar that much at all - much preferred denvers

had to laugh at the "VIP room" a couple of sofas cordened off at the front of the place

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
easty said:
I will have to agree here unfortunately although, I think it was more to do with the fact that there was just too many nights on this weekend. The two highlights of the night was getting to see grimmy playing scouse house down stairs and recca being on form as usual upstairs.
I must point out that RECCA PICKED THE NEEDLE UP OF THE RECORD THAT WAS PLAYING, and I thought it was idiots like me who did things like this LOL

PMSL i thought recca would have passed that stage now lol :p

Andy

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
Not the best Vision event but with sooo many big events happening all over manchester that weekend it really was gonna be a 50/50 chance of the place being packed to the rafters.

What I will say is that it was enjoyable. Saturday wasn't a very big turnout and the majority were quite young but there was a lively, up for it atmosphere and everyone seemed happy and Robin S took the roof off!! Nice to meet oldskoollisa, valentinadobe & welly. Good to see easty sampling the sounds of scouse and nice one to recca for the liftage (how's your suspension :$ )

Sunday was definately the best of the two nights. Plenty more peeps in than the night before and good to be reunited with the ICE crew and once again go back2back with Bobbo. Good to meet Kev, Jerome & Mike from N-Trance and Jerome sang love decade's "So Real" live so that was a bonus :thumbsup: . The Rezidents ended the night in style with a doinked up version of John Lennon's "Imagine". Lighters were in the air for that one :D

The Dry Bar doesn't come close to The Blue Rooms but credit goes to the security for ID'ing almost everyone and for making sure all the knobs didn't get in creating a night with no bad vibes and a nice atmosphere which is what its all about innit :thumbsup:

the linc lizard

Sep 1, 2004
Dry Bar 28th Aug

First Time Ive Ventured Into The Northern Q Never Again The Club Was Dead Full Of Little Muppets Boys Tryin To Fight And Little Girls Of 18 Lol A Joke Put Me Offff

Yep have to agree, I was very disappointed, :( especially after travelling for hours, but there was sooo much going on that weekend so it aint put me off..... ;)

Robin S was good but could have made an effort to smile!! :eek:

Looks like it could be the all-nighter at Hazy...... pj's in tow though as I may not be able to handle it.......LOL......

Cool to meet up with some peeps..... cya again soon. :wave: