4 For Money - It's a Moment In Time

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I asked this before on here, but does anybody know where the vocal sample is from in 4 For Money's It's A Moment In Time? It's the one that goes "Chez get ready, it's morning time". The DJ at Sequin's on a Thursday used to play the full speech before bringing in the track, but I've never known where it's from.

Can anyone shed any light?

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Jonno said:
I asked this before on here, but does anybody know where the vocal sample is from in 4 For Money's It's A Moment In Time? It's the one that goes "Chez get ready, it's morning time". The DJ at Sequin's on a Thursday used to play the full speech before bringing in the track, but I've never known where it's from.

Can anyone shed any light?

Is is deffo 'morning time' - I always thought it was 'moving time' :$

Shit, ah well lol

<<< runs for the hills

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
It sounds a bit like James Brown or some funkster from the 70's :afro:

You can tell they've pinched the piano riff from the rolling stones - we love you.

Wonder where the 'Yeah yeah yeaaaaah' bit is sampled from?

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Nah it's deffo 'morning'. In the full speech he goes about "the morning had to come" about slavery and suchlike, and about walking through the valley of darkness (the Psalm).

"From the outhouse", is from the part of the speech where he goes on about going from the out house to the White house (with a couple of others in between I can't remember).

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I think it's along the lines of Martin Luther King type speech btw but it doesn't sound like him.

Shoomster said:
i've heard it described as a "stones-sampling tune" so i'm guessin thays the sample although shagged if i know which tune fella :confused:

Its actually the piano loop thats sampled off The Rolling Stones - " We Love You"

so in a Smashy & Nicey tone...It's those stones that are rolling! heres a sample...rock on matey! ;)

Attachments

• rolling stones_we love you.mp3
    861 KB · Views: 108

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Jonno said:
I think it's along the lines of Martin Luther King type speech btw but it doesn't sound like him.
Jonno yer definatly on the right track there - i've heard the whole speech and its quite political - i think it might be Jesse Jackson :confused:

I think that it might be the same speech as the "too black, too strong" from Royal House Can U Party - as in "its like when your coffee is too black, it's too strong"

but i get these speeches a bit mixed up in my head :fekked:

marchwiel

May 23, 2003
Newcastle
lastnightadj said:
Jonno yer definatly on the right track there - i've heard the whole speech and its quite political - i think it might be Jesse Jackson :confused:
Yeah, it is Jesse Jackson. The full speach is:

"[Sinners] Get ready. It’s morning time. From the slave ship; to the championship; it's morning time. From the outhouse; to the state house; to the courthouse; to The White House, it’s morning time.. . .” .

Other parts of this speach are sampled on all sorts of records, for instance the "I know a star" used in Zero Zero.
lastnightadj said:
I think that it might be the same speech as the "too black, too strong" from Royal House Can U Party - as in "its like when your coffee is too black, it's too strong"

but i get these speeches a bit mixed up in my head :fekked:
Yeah, that is a different speach. Can't remember even if it is Jesse Jackson, but I think it is from the "house negro-field negro" speach. It's first used by Public Enemy, but it is a long time since I read any of my 60s US history books to remember who said it.

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
I've got an old motown lp somewhere which is pretty much just speeches, I'm pretty sure it's on there. I'll try and find it up at the weekend.

doolz

marchwiel said:
Yeah, it is Jesse Jackson. The full speach is:

"[Sinners] Get ready. It’s morning time. From the slave ship; to the championship; it's morning time. From the outhouse; to the state house; to the courthouse; to The White House, it’s morning time.. . .” .

Other parts of this speach are sampled on all sorts of records, for instance the "I know a star" used in Zero Zero.
Yeah, that is a different speach. Can't remember even if it is Jesse Jackson, but I think it is from the "house negro-field negro" speach. It's first used by Public Enemy, but it is a long time since I read any of my 60s US history books to remember who said it.

teh field negro speech is malcom x