Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

XValentinadobeX

Registered Member
Aug 1, 2004
leicestershire
members.aol.com
after reading princess's thread and after i was sat in alone last night with me wine bored out me head and very pissed might i add :fekked: im thinking osa why cant we have a chat room set up on the board, then we could chat alnight and in princess's,freak and otb's case very early :thumbsup: how about it :eyebrow: and if not? why not? :confused:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I think many just prefer to talk drivel and stuff on here, lol. Only trouble is its not 'instantaneous' enough for feisty females like yourself lol.

How many people can you chat to at once on MSN? I suppose all it would take is a new email account you use for that purpose and sign in when you wanna be hounded by the madheads in here! Im not sure how it works, but theres probably something already out there which we could set up anyway msn groups or something? Can you bulk chat? Can you open an app and be accessable to chat without adding everyoone one by one - cos that would stink.

Besides the speed, what can you do on instant chat that you cant do on here anyway? It may be a good idea, stop some of the more clique postage type scenario's n that (????) and ofcourse things can be expressed openly and gone - without the dreaded search button of doom lol.

I suppose if there was one official to the site, it would need moderating incase we get creeps on and we dont want the buttmeister to be getting in bother or whatever. Ive never used a chat site, so I dont know anything about them apart from dodgy paedo's grooming lol.

The question I ask is would it detract from the board as it is? Would debates, ID's, questions be fast tracked onto there and not left open to everybody to reply to and discover things whenever they are online - cos it may be unfair to those who cannot be around to join in?

Sirius.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I think there was one when I first joined - but it kind of slipped into obscurity once the place took off bigstyle. OldSkoolAlley and the first reincarnation Im sure had a MiRC or something section.....Im sure Butty knows the reasons why he doesnt have one anymore lol.

Sirius.

XValentinadobeX

Registered Member
Aug 1, 2004
leicestershire
members.aol.com
no mate i dont think the threads would suffer , it be a great idea for all us chatter boxes obviously 'osa members only', why not try it say open at a certain time eg osa chat between 9pm-12? i dont know :naughty:
a group msn thing would be good whos gonna start one? all i can say is id keep on posting but id rather i had a chat with everyone now and again im sure more threads would come because of it lolll, aol chat rooms r crap full of wierdo types and as for peido's well everyone on here is an adult arent they :confused: and anyhows any wierdos would get sussed straight the way as the regs on here r pretty much intelligent nosey gits :thumbsup: like meee :eyebrow:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Dunno if a chat room would work too well.

I think they're too fast moving to keep up with them.

MSN allows upto 5 people I think in a 'group' conversation

You just drag poor unsuspecting people into a conversation with you and if they stay in the window with you, then you know you're not the school spacker you thought you were, huzzah - result, you're popular for half an hour.

LOL

There's soulseek - that has a lot of chat rooms if ya have that, just create one or join in with one that's already there.

No smut please, we're Engrish

:p

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
It may be a good idea for the chatterboxes's banter and smalltalk. Id just hate it if the prolonged usage of it became a sort of replacement to the forums - somewhere issues are sorted in the minority and dependant who is online at that time etc....

Besides, youre gonna get more folk chatting you up and sending you pictures of thier dangly bits arent you? lol. :rofl:

Sirius. :D

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
sirius said:
Besides, youre gonna get more folk chatting you up and sending you pictures of thier dangly bits arent you? lol. :rofl:

Haha, that's probably what she wants :p

J/K

I know it's not what I'd want :eek:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I think Id like to be chatted up and sent pictures of female zones........mind you, I have a big enough collection of pictures and video's now! :rofl:

:$

Sirius.

XValentinadobeX

Registered Member
Aug 1, 2004
leicestershire
members.aol.com
i do not want anymore dick pic! :eek: or be chatted up, i just wanna have more of a 'live' laugh if u know what i mean :p occasionally i do still go in aol 20's chat when my mates r in and we hav a scream sometimes and there not as mad as u osa lot :crazy: so i can imagine especially from chattin to shooms on msn lolololol i think a chat room would be a histerical :eyebrow:

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
i used to go on Lycos Chat when they had the starwars room, used to love killing chatters and kicking them out the room, it became an obssesion of mine, drink vodka and kill other chatters was brilliant, then they shut it down :(

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
The applet approach is 2 slow... just fire up xchat or mIRC and connect to irc.efnet.org. Not my first choice of IRC network because of the lack of control and amount of wars going on but it beats the hell outta dalnet.

I can see no reason why butty can't stick a mIRC URI on the webpage so peeps can automagically connect to #piraterevival:

irc://irc.efnet.org:6667/piraterevival

If needed, I can create a channel on a decent network that I help out with. I can create several admins and set up a secure environment to chat.

Let me know :)