wicks and nails

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
you know when you get a wick down the side of your nail and your ment to cut it rather than pull it out cause it ripps the skin, well i ripped mine out and now my finder balooning with an infection, i think im going to have to lance it but im shitting myself cause i hate stuff like that, has anyone else lanced an infection ?

i had to go hospital on crimbo eve about 6-7 years ago to have my finger lanced. Me finger had gone too twice it's size an i was in agony with it, so popped down A&E and half hour later me finger was cut. Proper instant releif. Pain afterwards was a bugger too though. All the infection coming out and me nail falling off. Wasn't enjoyable in the slightest. Good luck to ya fella. :thumbsup:

cam said:
me fingers really hot and sore :( not looking forward to lancing it :( might be a DIY job
Wouldn't bother bud. Get out of work and go hospice. Least it'll be done with appropriate cleanliness and get properly dressed. Not only that but when they lance it they squeeze it to get the infection out and i don't think you'd wanna do that to yourself. Depends how bad it is though???

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I had sommat similar years ago with my thumb, it'd got infected at the end, under the nail.

I went to the treatment room of my docs and they said they could sort it for me in there.

I had no idea how painful it'd be, they sliced the end of my thumb with a scalpel, and f**k me, it felt like they were cutting through to the bone :eek: :cry:

Hope you get it sorted, don't leave it mate, the longer you leave it, the worse it'll be, trust me on that, as I left mine for over 2 months :S :$

Worst though was ingrowing toe nail, argggggggggggggg how sore are them buggers? :cry:

blue jammer said:
Hope you get it sorted, don't leave it mate, the longer you leave it, the worse it'll be, trust me on that, as I left mine for over 2 months :S :$
yeah, bj is right, don't leave it too long.
Problem is, you have to leave it for a certain time for the infection to come to the surface. Is an absolute bugger chief. Go docs or hospice though for sure.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
cam ur finger will fine huns without lancing it...i do this all the time cus i just cant help picking at things...i have made a right mess b4 now....ur finger will be very sore cus its a sensitive area....once it starts healing the inflamation will reduce just keep ur hands clean and dont pick at it like i would..lol..... :$ :p

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
Northern Star said:
cam ur finger will fine huns without lancing it...i do this all the time cus i just cant help picking at things...i have made a right mess b4 now....ur finger will be very sore cus its a sensitive area....once it starts healing the inflamation will reduce just keep ur hands clean and dont pick at it like i would..lol..... :$ :p

thank god for this reply, i was beginging to shit my pants

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
beleive me when i say it huns......when i get stressed out or when i get worried bout stuff i chew my finger......make a mess so the skin is raw almost.....it stings like hell and hurts bad enough to wake u in the night....just give it a couple of days and the swelling should go down.....bit of which hazel would be good for it but it will sting to high heaven like! ull be fine......nurse finn over and out! lol :D

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
nice one ill try that witch hazel later :D

Im tempted to put some sugar and soap on a plaster thats got drawing tendencies hasnt it to pull out the infection ?

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
cam said:
nice one ill try that witch hazel later :D

Im tempted to put some sugar and soap on a plaster thats got drawing tendencies hasnt it to pull out the infection ?
aww no idea there cam hun.....give it a whirl.....if it doesnt help it certainly wont do any harm :D

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
how do i break it to ya gently?

Sorry cam, the finger is gonna have to come off...

without.gif

:eek: :p

Super Freak

Jul 26, 2004
Liverpool
blue jammer said:
Sorry cam, the finger is gonna have to come off...

without.gif

:eek: :p

PMSL that's Evil lol.

its probly nowt to woory about like debs says, just keep it clean and dont pic at it, if it gets worse the nures at your GP's should be able to do it. Try ice to numb it if its sore :)