Easy-E & The Boy Wonder - Aug '90

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
AKA Sasha @ Delight, Shelley's, Aug '90 & Sasha - Studio, Aug '90

1. Primal Scream 'Come Together' (Hypnotone Brain Machine Mix)
2. Seduction 'One Mistake' (Master Mix)
3. Orbital 'Omen' (The Chariot)
4. Shades of Rhythm 'Sweet Sensation'
5. Bros in Rhythm 'Raise Your Hands'
6. Dreamhouse ft Ceasar 'Jump and Prance' (The Dream Mix)
7. Djum Djum 'Difference'
8. Dynamic Guvnors 'I Can't Live Without You'
9. Mike "Hitman" Wilson feat Shawn Christopher 'Another Sleepless Night' (Redzone Mix) (2 copies)
10. Altern 8 'Real Time Status'
11. Evolution Bridge 'Meree in 2 minutes'
12. L&M 'A Rhythm To Make U'
13. Psychotropic 'Psychosis'
14. HHFD 'Total Confusion'
15. MIC 'OOBE 1'
16. KLF 'What Time Is Love' (Moody Boys Mix)
17. White Label Catalog#: YEAH 3 Unknown Artist - Untitled
18. Cee Jay 'Planet Zorgon'
19. Ragga Twins 'Paro 69'

1. 808 State 'In Yer Face'
2. James 'Come Home' (Weatherall Mix)
3. Evolution Bridge 'Simplicity'
4. Mr Monday 'Future'
5. Nitrous 'Moonwalk'
6. Cold Sensation 'Liquid Empire'
7. The Shamen 'Make It Mine' (Remix)
8. Tom Salta 'New Generation' (House Club Mix)
9. Freshtrax 'Destruction' (War Zone Mix)
10. K Klass 'Loafman'
11. Suburban Knight 'The Art of Stalking'
12. Rhythmatic 'Take Me Back' (Remix)
13. Pulse 'Powerhouse'
14. Digital Boy 'Kokko'
15. Time Chambers EP 'Don't Make Me Wait'
16. Cartouche 'Feel the Groove'
17. 2 Raw 'We Got the Funk' (Hurley's Deep Instrumental)
18. C'est Ca 'Use that Thing' (Intstrumental)
19. Chantal 'The Realm' (Accapella)
20. BFC 'Galaxy'
21. The Project 'Roboy'

Thanx to Konspiracy for this listing.

Attachments

• Track17.mp3
    238.2 KB · Views: 890
Last edited:

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
somewhere in an area near you
mmmmmm this is probably going to rock the boat again, im not doing it intentionaly either, im just getting round to hearing a few of these sets finally.

this isnt sasha no god damn way, i dont know who started to call any old harry tape sasha but apart from some tunes he played being sasha tunes this guy cant mix like the man , hes out of key,chops stright in with tunes, mixes with a completly different technique and rarely gets one right if at all.

im open to debate/critisism but all you have to do is listen to the other aug90 shellys tape to see how the master does it then listen to some geezer who aint up to it.:eek:

i dont wear the "he was probably trashed" explanation either no matter how trashed he may have had the odd traincrash but he never mixed out of key its a trademark

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Think this was another one of Al's tapes... not 100% though.

Have to admit I've always had my doubts about this one based purely on the tracklist.

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
yeh i agree, must admit i hate hearing tapes after really looking forward to em thinking aaah thats a different one never heard him play that before then this!
crash bang wot a fukin noise:|
im more dissapointed a rarerty hasnt turned up

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
although I have not heard this mix, looking at the tracklisting it does't look that much like a Sasha mix, if you compare other mixes from the same time (sasha@shelleys classic mix) for example, the tracks played are totally different and one thing I have noticed from the many sasha tracklisting I have seen from the time is that he kept a number of tunes in his box that were trademark tunes.....expansions, james - come home, nicole, dr baker, whip of the rhythm, landro & co....for example

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
yeh mate it aint hard spottin his mixes 2-3 mixes usually sorts the men from the boys. its only now im getting time to go through all the mixes that are on here and bradys site, to be honest at the time me and my mates had most of the genuine nights as they were bought outside.
like you say the usual mixes have his trademark tracks you only have to see some of the tls to know its not him.
what i cant believe is someone else hasnt noticed and pointed out that loads of these sets arent sasha prior now, its not that hard, everyone on here is more than genned up in the area im really suprised its taken me to highlight a few.
thing is it makes me feel a bit of a twat doing it, i know peeps have spent a lot of time doing them, i just reckoned its better to know if it a sasha mix or not.
i found 3 more the other day that arnt him 1 pacha , one lakota and a palais in shef one, ill root them out again in a bit.
someone had a lot of fun a bit back re- naming sets as sasha sets:naughty:

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
well yeh , you wouldnt want to collecting early judge jules tracks would you?:)

i think its important to get things right if not lets just call every set ever done a sasha set

If a set claimed to be Sasha sounds the quality of Sasha then is it a real problem if there are mix ups? + who is to say it isnt sasha, we all know that he fucked up in mixes back in the days anyway! I have only been mixing for 5 months and I reckon im better than sasha in 5 months than he was in 5 months of starting off :p

Wish i had his skill and money now though LOL

BRING ON THE BUZZ :eyebrow:

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
thats just it they dont sound anything like sasha. look if people put up threads saying sasha aug 90 for instance then they are presuming its sasha so they obviously would benefit from knowing if its him or not,otherwise whats the point.
people do like spottin sasha sets since time began, no one gives a fuck hardly what other djs played! its just the sasha thingphones:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
ive never hear this mix so cant coment on it sounding like a sasha mix or not soz :rolleyes:

but the whole discussions on wheither a mix is sasha or not is cool with me, nothing wrong with a bit heated debate to root out the bogus mixes :crazy:

and after all thats how i got into dj vertigo mixes, thinking they were sasha mixes and then finding out they werent