Graeme Park - Demo Tape, 20 Nov '91

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
AKA Mike Pickering @ Hacienda, Dec '91 (what my tape was labled)
AKA "In Bed with Mike Pickering" (sold in Machester with a picture of Larry levan on the cover).

1. Eleanor Mills 'Mr. Right' (Acca.) (Played on and off all the way throught the set)
2. With It Guys Ft Shirley Lewis 'Feel Alright' (Future Mix)
3. The Party People 'U Got Me Burning Up'
4. Sample Minded 'The Sound Of Redness' (Instrumental Dub)
5. Watanabe 'Odoru'
6. Love Generation - I Love NY EP Volume 1 'Love Has Taken Me Over' (Club Mix)
7. Infra-Red 'When Luv's The Feeling'
8. Deja Vu 'Move Your Waistline'
9. Niceguy Soulman 'Feel It' (Egotrip Mix)
10. Ultra Nate 'Deper Love (Missing You)'(The Leftfield Vocal Mix)
11. Dynamic Duo 'In The Pocket' (Hip House Dub)
12. C + C Music Factory 'Just A Touch Of Love (Everyday)' (Keyboard Express Mix)
13. C + C Music Factory 'Just A Touch Of Love (Everyday)' (The C + C Garage Dub Mix)

13. C + C Music Factory 'Just A Touch Of Love (Everyday)' (The C + C Garage Dub Mix)
14. Robert Owens 'I'll Be Your Friend' (Dead Zone)\(Mo Mo Beats)\(Glamorous Mix)
15. BG the Prince of Rap 'Take Control of the Party' (Ken Lou Dub Mix)
16. World Power 'I'm Happy' (After The Rave Mix)
17. M People 'How Can I Love You More' (Acca.) (plays again near end)
18. World Power 'I'm Happy' ..what mix? poss (Extended Happy)?
19. Overweight Pooch 'I Like It' (Factory Mix)
20. Thompson Twins 'Come Inside' (Feedback Max House Mix)
21. Kym Sims 'Too Blind To See It' (Maurice's Super Dub Mix)

Clips are numbered out of sync (1 less) due to missing track added to listing.

Attachments

• Track04.mp3
    110.6 KB · Views: 732
  • Track17 - happy to be free.mp3
    169.6 KB · Views: 827
  • Track14 - BG the Prince of Rap - I Control the Party ..a Masters at Work Mix.mp3
    82.4 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:

shepdog

Jul 15, 2008
my god!!

Hi,

I've been after another copy of this for about 10 years, but no-one has ever known who it is, where it is from. I bought a cassette of it in manchester, but my tape player mangled i after about 3 years of constant playing (the bastard!). I tried tracking it down on dj history (Mike Pickering tape - circa 1992 - DJHistory) but to no avail.

Ended upjust tying some random track titles into google and ended up here!

So...my nex question is....do you have a rip of it? I think I'd marry you if so! Youd make an old clubber very very happy! (and by the way, that "I'm happy" tune was always one of my favourites too - never could find out what it was...thats my next mission!!

cheers
Shep

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
No probs dude.. I'll hook you up. This was one of my Bro's tapes and was labled as above. It's the only Pickering Hacienda tape from after it re-opened in May '91 (when he was doing the Friday night Shine) that I've seen. It's a bit of a fave of mine too and is fairly common on the net now as it's one of the first tapes I ever ripped (& I tape traded it a few times before that too). :)

shedwax

Sep 11, 2007
I think Parky plays the Mo Mo Beats mix then the Glamorous Mix on Track 13 (he does something similar on the 7th Dec mix)