Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

JORDANGRACE

Registered Member
Mar 1, 2004
west side
Slip Mats

CHEERS MATE, WHAT SORT OF SLIPMATS WOULD YOU RECOMEND? AT THE MO IVE GOT SOME SHITTY KAM ONES! AND THERE A BIT BATTERED! TO BE HONEST I NEED SOME NEW DECKS! :thumbsup:

JORDANGRACE

Registered Member
Mar 1, 2004
west side
Dex

I SAW SOME WELL PHAT GEMINI'S I DONT KNOW WHAT MODEL THEY WERE BUT THEY WERE HIGH POWER DIRECT DRIVE(SEXY AS FUCK)
WITH A DIGITAL SCREEN, £350 SECOND HAND IVE JUST BEEN LAID OFF SO IM GUNNA HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MONTH NOW B 4 I CAN UPGRADE! :fekked:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Depends on how well you can/want to scratch m8 I think, I used to peck scratch and do simple everyman basics on Beltdrives (Soundlab DLP1r), but to get past that stage I think you would need Directs for the pick up torque. Belts require more hand farting about to compensate, I wouldnt like to say without digging my old Soundlab out the loft! lol.

:wave:

Sirius/

JORDANGRACE

Registered Member
Mar 1, 2004
west side
Scratchin

I DONT REALLY KNOW OUT BOUT IT, I HAVENT TRIED IT COZ I DONT WANNA FUK ANY OF MY RECORDS! SOME 1 JUST SAID THAT U CANT SCRATCH ON BELT DRIVES AND I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WAS TRUE! :wave:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I hear on the vinyl grapevine that if you turn your CAPS LOCK off, your scratching will improve tenfold :p :moonie:

Ditch the belt drive decks, they are a nightmare, I started off in '88 with an NEC belt drive deck, and went through 3 belts in a year for it :S

JORDANGRACE

Registered Member
Mar 1, 2004
west side
Why?

Why does it annoy u so much that i keep my caps lock on 24/7? this is not the first time u have mentioned this! truth iz, i like it!!! and i suppose its force ov habbit now mush!!!! :wave:

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Maybe cos most people consider it rude, like you're shouting at them. It also makes it more difficult to read.

princesswarrior

Feb 21, 2002
blue jammer said:
I hear on the vinyl grapevine that if you turn your CAPS LOCK off, your scratching will improve tenfold :p :moonie:
:S

:rofl:

It is rude though to shout (capslock) jordangrace sorry. You will get the hang of it hun :thumbsup:

princesswarrior

Feb 21, 2002
JORDANGRACE said:
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SCRATCH ON BELT DRIVE DECKS? I DONT THINK U CAN CAN U? :confused: :confused: :fekked:

I aint the best person to reply to this m8 but before i got my decks along with help from my friends i got alot of advice and i was told a big no no. Direct drive is the best :thumbsup:

Pw

JORDANGRACE

Registered Member
Mar 1, 2004
west side
nice

Nice but at the mo im on my arse got laid off few week ago, got summat in the pipeline though!!! got my eye on s :thumbsup: ome gemini's (if there still there)