Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
hi ya :wave: :wave:

please help me to get on broadband.. dial up is costin me 17quid a month with bt and is totally doin my nut in :mad:

and finally broadband has just come available in my area
so wit woo!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to get it :)

who are the best suppliers? packages? cost effective? reliable? etc

advise much appreciated as i am totally crap at stuff like this!

cheers :love: xx

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
NTL are actually putting the connection rate up next month with no extrs charge only if you`ve got the 1Mb connection.I`m sure i read the cheapest broadband connection is going from 150kb to 300kb.The 600 kb connection is going up to 750kb but you`ll have to pay extra for the 1Mb connection which is going up to 1.5Mb but only an extra three a month.

These people also do cheap braodband as well. :thumbsup:

http://www.pipex.net/

digthemusic

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Its all changing now i think. I spoke to someone at freeserve about my package that costs me 27.99 per month. If i downgrade to the 17.99 i get the same line speeds but they have a cap on the amount you can download in one month. I think its a gig and half but not sure.

It all to do with stopping people downloading stuff off the net like software, music and games etc. If you just want it fir quicker browsing then the cheaper packages will do. If you think you will exceed your download limit then pay that little bit more.

Hope that helps

Andy

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
digthemusic said:
These people also do cheap braodband as well. :thumbsup:

http://www.pipex.net/

I use them - never had any problems, it's always nice and fast and there's no limit to how much you can download

I pay about 23 quid a month but i believe they may have cut the price now?