File upload to threads?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Any advice would be greatfully received....try as i might i cannot get a file to upload to any of my threads......tried a jpeg and an mp3......

firstly i browse for the file then click upload...i get a msg sayin uploading file/s and then nothing, after a hell of a wait it just goes off and there is nothing there when i preview.......am i doing summat wrong? lol......prolly cus am always doin summat wrong heheheh! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
i'm pretty sure it doesn't show up wen u click preview and it does seem to take ages sometimes after i have clicked "upload" but i think if you wait a bit it says that it has uploaded, one of the mods will know the answer...wen i comes to pc stuff i'm thick as a brick :$

jayne x

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
heheheheheh..likewise glazzy....huns...likewise.......not too bad wi certain stuff but things i aint dun b4 that just dont work out baffles the hell outta me ....... lol.......thanks anyway chick...much appreciated...... :thumbsup: :love:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
northern minx said:
yr doin it right debs
but it does take a good while to upload, it will tel u wen its uploaded
then u can add another attachment if u wish or u click submit

:) :)

hope yr putting that tune up for the film clip :thumbsup:

Which choon huns.......those cd's i will burn to disc for ya.....and drop um off as soon as i can......will scan the track listings fer ya too so u know what is on each 1 cus there is 3 of um...could get a bit :confused: otherwise.......

cheers huns :love: luv and cuddles..xx

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
Northern Star said:
.......those cd's i will burn to disc for ya.....and drop um off as soon as i can......will scan the track listings fer ya too so u know what is on each 1 cus there is 3 of um...could get a bit :confused: otherwise.......

cheers huns :love: luv and cuddles..xx
cheers babe, much appreciated..
get yasel round one nite next week :love: :thumbsup: luv u xx

Northern Star said:
.......Which choon huns
lol how cud u forget!
THE tune that we discussed for over an hour :roll: :confused: :hubba: :eyebrow:
the one that is to a film clip/wot is happening in it? images? etc
ya get me now chic?;) :p :)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
northern minx said:
cheers babe, much appreciated..
get yasel round one nite next week :love: :thumbsup: luv u xx

lol how cud u forget!
THE tune that we discussed for over an hour :roll: :confused: :hubba: :eyebrow:
the one that is to a film clip/wot is happening in it? images? etc
ya get me now chic?;) :p :)

memory like a holey bucket lol...still cannot recall the choon...but u can remind me wen i pop in..lol....will get them dun soon enough fo u...babes....luv u too..... :love:

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
lol cant believe u hav forgot! lol u must a bin more minced than i thought!

u asked me and rich wot we thought of it and wot it reminded us of?
then we talked bout the tune for about an hour:hubba:
proper mental crack it was!:fekked: :eyebrow:
anyhows, u worked the attachments out yet?

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
northern minx said:
lol cant believe u hav forgot! lol u must a bin more minced than i thought!

u asked me and rich wot we thought of it and wot it reminded us of?
then we talked bout the tune for about an hour:hubba:
proper mental crack it was!:fekked: :eyebrow:
anyhows, u worked the attachments out yet?

not yet huns...but am going to try again...think its cus i been previewin um and it dont show in the preview apparently.....will look a right dick tho postin 'here av a look at this' and theres nowt there..lol ;) :confused:

oh well try and try.....am very tryin..... :love: :thumbsup:

doolz

wooop don t press preview ;) jus go for it

as i said last nite too the file size limit is 1mb so no files bigger than that will be attached

Attachments

• 2000ad.jpg
    2000ad.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 63

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
i did a document last nite and shrank it down so it was 1mb and it still didnt work lol......so dunno wot is happening wi it.....pmsl if i can mess it up i will..... :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
I know i am thick but but really Mr Doolz am not that thick...lol........ :p

it was a jpeg image which was scanned in and shrank to 1mega bite (see even know wot mb means..lol) did everything i should av and still it did not work....hence the reason fer me thread.....am doin wot i need to do but it is not workin.......as fer the mp3 i will av to suss out how to use my free web space as and wen i can be bothered gettin me head round it....lol...... :thumbsup:

told u the weird and wonderful world of deb strikes again...heheheheheheh :wave:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
eh up ns :)

the file has gotta b under 1 meg if its bob on then it might not up it. try changin it to 800kb see if that works. also if ur on dial up modem it will take ages to transfer. a 800k file could take 5/10 mins to up. try uppin one then going for a brew or do a spot of gardening or go for a small walk and then come back and chek it oot :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
butty said:
try uppin one then going for a brew or do a spot of gardening or go for a small walk and then come back and chek it oot :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Have you been listening to Andy's problem segment on the 808 shows a lot :p :D

doolz

Northern Star said:
I know i am thick but but really Mr Doolz am not that thick...lol........ :p

it was a jpeg image which was scanned in and shrank to 1mega bite (see even know wot mb means..lol) did everything i should av and still it did not work....hence the reason fer me thread.....am doin wot i need to do but it is not workin.......as fer the mp3 i will av to suss out how to use my free web space as and wen i can be bothered gettin me head round it....lol...... :thumbsup:

told u the weird and wonderful world of deb strikes again...heheheheheheh :wave:

lucky you gettin free websapce with ya isp(i know i dont need to tell you what isp is do i)

cya soon my ickle baby