msn messenger question

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
You can change your own name dead easy if that's what you mean, go to tools / options and then change your display name at the top of the window.

You can't alter other people's names as you see them though, only they can do that themselves.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Ah right, I was after changing others' s names (just for my own reference on the msn display, not thier actual email addy name or owt).

Thanks anyway mike m8.

Sirius.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
lol. Yeah, thanks for that ;) .

Some of the names on my list are so long its untrue, and also Im a beggar for names after a while I think "hmmmn, he/she told me thier name" - then I forget what it is! :$ . Im like that in real life too unfortunately. I associate with places, scenes, etc then names on most occasions, then some obscure yahoo or hotmail name that means nothing! hahah.
Sirius.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
To rename contacts you need Trillian.

This is a messenger program that runs MSN/ICQ/Yahoo/Aim/IRC all in one, very handy.

See below, I've named people with (OSA) so I know where folks are from, due to me posting on several boards and my shite memory.

trillian.jpg

I've blanked some names out in photoshop to protect the identities of either:

dodgy fuckers
hot babes
people i work with

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Youve scrubbed off Gimp Lover and BankokChickBoy I see :rofl: j/k

You know, Ive been telling LOADS of others to try that very same program - and forgot all about it myself!!!!!! :rolleyes: :$ . Derrrr! What a spaz.

Ill give it a spin this weekend, run the latest version for a test drive :)

Thanks bud.

Sirius.