Joy @ Corn Xchange Leeds

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Howsey

Sep 29, 2001
Huddersfield :-/
Had a top night last night, kind of a spontaneous outing but was very good!! Vertigo, Sy, Steve Luigi were on and Kels and Tots(I think) were on last. Only caught last few tunes of Vertigo when I got there but this guy was SUPREME as usual. Sy was excellent, seen him loads of times now and this was probably one of the best sets I ve heard him play, due 2 it not being the "typical" Sy set for once :) . Luigi's mixin was very suspect at times but played some top tunes!! Last couple of hours were very housey but some great tunes again were played.
Crowd in there were absolutly spot on, some really nice peeps in just havin a good time and chattin away to who ever they wanted which is always good i.m.o!! Reccomend this night, top venue/tunes/crowd.
Take it eazy
Joe :thumbsup:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Aye its a good night at joy, went a few months back n it was worth the train fair n £10er in. Only thing that i wasnt impressed with was the size, even though ive seen it in the day i expected it to be bigger n have the upper floors open but it was pretty compact. Mind you those floors dont look very stable

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
tots

Howsey said:
Had a top night last night, kind of a spontaneous outing but was very good!! Vertigo, Sy, Steve Luigi were on and Kels and Tots(I think) were on last. Only caught last few tunes of Vertigo when I got there but this guy was SUPREME as usual. Sy was excellent, seen him loads of times now and this was probably one of the best sets I ve heard him play, due 2 it not being the "typical" Sy set for once :) . Luigi's mixin was very suspect at times but played some top tunes!! Last couple of hours were very housey but some great tunes again were played.
Crowd in there were absolutly spot on, some really nice peeps in just havin a good time and chattin away to who ever they wanted which is always good i.m.o!! Reccomend this night, top venue/tunes/crowd.
Take it eazy
Joe :thumbsup:
The dj you thought was Vertigo was actualy ewan cawood,They do play asimilar style and they were both ark dj's and they look alike from a distance.Vertigo played last.were currently looking for a sister venue,weve had a few ideas,but what do you think........p.s thanks for the review mate spot on.

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
joy event in bradford

P.S 2,we have a mini event on in bradford tonight with special guest Steve Luigi,@THELOVEAPPLE,BRADFORD.So bob in if u have nowt else on, should be a top night.

Howsey

Sep 29, 2001
Huddersfield :-/
kells&tots said:
The dj you thought was Vertigo was actualy ewan cawood,They do play asimilar style and they were both ark dj's and they look alike from a distance.Vertigo played last.were currently looking for a sister venue,weve had a few ideas,but what do you think........p.s thanks for the review mate spot on.

Ahhhhhh I see! As I said only caught his last few tunes from the bar area at the back!! I missed Vertigo as I went before the end then :cry: . Unable to make it on saturday as Im in the States at the moment but will deffo keep an eye out for future events!
Respect :thumbsup:
Joe

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
kells&tots said:
The dj you thought was Vertigo was actualy ewan cawood,They do play asimilar style and they were both ark dj's and they look alike from a distance..

quality dj :thumbsup: responsible for the 'dance your cock off' series way back when if i'm not mistaken ...... this guy has some serious choonage phones: would be well up for seein him ..... whens the next joy then? should make the trip to be honest since i'm only down the road from the corn exchange .... :)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Spoken to quite a few ppl who've been to joy recentley n everyones given it a good review. Theres quite a few of the goodtimes lot who go, its good to see loads of familiar faces there

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
The next joy

Danny said:
quality dj :thumbsup: responsible for the 'dance your cock off' series way back when if i'm not mistaken ...... this guy has some serious choonage phones: would be well up for seein him ..... whens the next joy then? should make the trip to be honest since i'm only down the road from the corn exchange .... :)
Hi danny,joy is off on tour for a while,were curently looking for another venue.Jst to cool the corn ex off for a bit.while we try to book carl cox and open the whole building,THE REAL DEAL!

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
you missed out

Howsey said:
Ahhhhhh I see! As I said only caught his last few tunes from the bar area at the back!! I missed Vertigo as I went before the end then :cry: . Unable to make it on saturday as Im in the States at the moment but will deffo keep an eye out for future events!
Respect :thumbsup:
Joe
steve lu was on top form,The place was rocking,next month the legendary pete monsoon is taking up the helm for another wild one at the love apple!

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
hi

Miss C said:
Spoken to quite a few ppl who've been to joy recentley n everyones given it a good review. Theres quite a few of the goodtimes lot who go, its good to see loads of familiar faces there
cheers for the big up,look out for future events,if your there come to the decks and speak to us {kells&tots}would like to hear from some real old skool fans.

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
The traveler

Miss C said:
Aye its a good night at joy, went a few months back n it was worth the train fair n £10er in. Only thing that i wasnt impressed with was the size, even though ive seen it in the day i expected it to be bigger n have the upper floors open but it was pretty compact. Mind you those floors dont look very stable
Were did you travel from?

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Future events

Were currantly in talks about another venue at the mo but we should be back at the corn exchange around november december time.