Bastard Visio has ruined my Week...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
I hate Visio 2000 :mad: . The document Ive been working on for the last 3 weeks has gone tits up after my laptop decided to die unexpectedly this morning..and its no longer usable..Its a "feature" that if Visio 2000 decides to crash unexpectedly the file is no longer recognised by the program...

I may have asked this before but does anyone have a Recovery tool, or even any suggestions, that can bring a Visio drawing back to life before I get potted. Its going to take me ages to do it all again :(

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
Nothing as simple as renaming the file extension to .vsd?... or copying the file to another working visio machine and attempting to open on that one?...

I suspect that it's the program (visio) that stores an entry saying do not open this file on this pc anymore, so maybe trying it on another machine may open your work?...

if you want to send it to me I'll try and open it for ya...

Phil

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
johns_ar said:
give this a bosh mate

http://www.hotlib.com/products1.php?Id=7133

and go to crack-locator.com for a crack

Cheers Andy, tried this proggy, unfortunately it seems when Visio has a wobbler it splits the original file into small unrecognisable segments which RecoverMyFiles cant do anything with. Ive spent all afternoon pissing around with this...

Ah well feck it its the weekend, Im gonna get pissed :)

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Phil said:
Nothing as simple as renaming the file extension to .vsd?... or copying the file to another working visio machine and attempting to open on that one?...

I suspect that it's the program (visio) that stores an entry saying do not open this file on this pc anymore, so maybe trying it on another machine may open your work?...

if you want to send it to me I'll try and open it for ya...

Phil

Ive sent it to a chap I work with to see if this is the case Phil. I hope it is as easy as that, but this has happended before..TBH its the shitty companies fault that I "work" for not upgrading the software, or my crap laptop for that matter :| Sod it :thumbsup: