Getting tapes onto cd ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
i have been whittering on about this now for ages to my pal reggie...last week he told me he had obtained this device or something which plugs into usb on pc and attaches to your tape deck.....sort of a program that allow the user to upload from tape and then enhance and clean up the sound......

anybody used one these or know what i am on about......if so is it worth getting one? do they really do the job?

it is imperative i bash on with this as some of my beloved tapes are starting to fade away.....! now i cant have that....it will do me ed in! :confused:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
If you've got a tape deck that has phono out connections, you just need a Y-Lead, 2 x phono to a 3.5 stereo headphone jack plug (available at Maplin)

Then you can put the tape deck direct into an input on your PC's sound card.

Then it's a matter of choice of software, Soundforge 6.0 is very good, and if you're on broadband you can download a cracked version for nowt.

:) :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
cheers jammer, although that is all far to technical speak for me...i know a man who can sort that out for me.........shouldnt be too much of prob........ta very much....x ;)

Myk

Soundforge as Blue has already mentioned is indeed a very good tool.

Another one you may well want to try is Steinberg's Clean 5.0. This isnt as versatile as Soundforge but has been made specifically to do just what you want to do....CLEAN tapes and vinyl of all those dirty imperfections :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Myk

As Clean 5.0 only does what you want it to and nothing more it is very very easy to use hun ;) Soundforge is far more flexible and serves to do many other tasks but it's also more complex to handle than Clean. If all you want to do is "clean" the sound up then it doesnt get any easier than Steinberg's Clean 5.0 :)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
super...that sounds like the one for me......just the little problem o getting the stereo rigged up to the pc now! ha ha that should be fun......thanks babe!