Please help me ; Champ manager 4

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

markic

Jun 17, 2003
West Stand, Tier 2
Can anyone please help me?
I have jus recieved a copy of Championship Manager4 for my P.C and it will install o.k. However it will just not play. I'm on window's xp, but other than that I ain't got a clue what I'm running :$ not a clue about computers
I'm pretty sure it isn't anything to do with memory or whatever as it would have said whilst installing, wouldn't it???? It just say's wrong disc inserted, and it's definatley the right disc in the right drive, I've checked everything in my limited capabilties :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

markic

Jun 17, 2003
West Stand, Tier 2
I've tried this but i really don't know what I'm doing. Can't work the site out can anyone help and run me thro the process??????
Sorry to be such a pain but i work on cars not computers!

JAZ

Jul 17, 2001
Norwich
Ok get this now when its downloaded open it using winrar.
Extract the exe file from it to your desktop & then goto the shortcut that starts Champ4 (the shortcut on your desktop) & r-click it & choose properties, a box will pop up with links & info about the shortcut, at the bottom theres a box called "find target" press this and it will then open your champ4 directory (c:program files\champ4 for example) now r-click the file you extracted from the rar file & choose "copy" and goto the open champ4 directory & r-click in it & choose "paste" it will say "do you want to replace the champ4.exe" choose yes, now start the game from the shortcut & it will work.
Hope thats easy enough for you to follow :eyebrow:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Buy a Playstation. :rofl:

At least with them, you know that when you plug it in and put a game in, it's going to work without the need to install the correct drivers, have enough memory and worry about the speed of your processor! ;) :p

JAZ

Jul 17, 2001
Norwich
I'll assume you've never used winrar before so I've downloaded the exe for you and put it in a winzip file as your bound to have used that before.
Download and open the zip and then as shown above replace the CM4.exe in the champ manager folder with the CM4.exe I've uploaded then the game will not ask for the cd.

CM4 zip r-click & save this

markic

Jun 17, 2003
West Stand, Tier 2
Sorry Jaz, broke my flaming leg in the pub on sunday aft! :$
Just got out now can't use winRAR and the other link, says it unavailable?
The person i've got the copy off says the crack is already on the disc jus gotta open it. So I'm gonna try find it now. CheeRS :thumbsup:

JAZ

Jul 17, 2001
Norwich
Sorry to hear that, hope your ok.
I needed the webspace so I deleted that thing I uploaded the otherday sorry but yeah you should be able to find it on your own cd, there will be a folder called crack or the name of the group that released the copy & the exe will be in it so just follow my instructions above when you find it..

toon_armani

Mar 18, 2004
Going off most hacked games, I'm guessing there'll be a file called cm4.exe on the CD (in a folder called crack as suggested above).

Copy that file and put it in the games folder on your PC (e.g. C:\Program Files\Champ Man 4\)

This will over-write your existing *.exe file and you should be ok from there.

:thumbsup:

markic

Jun 17, 2003
West Stand, Tier 2
cheers chaps :thumbsup:
I'm now the not so proud owner of a little club going by the name of City. I am takin great pleasure in tearing the club to pieces and seeing how far down the leagues i can get. :drevil: