Mo Fo spider problem!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
I have got a major spider problem!!!!

I'm moving house in a month or so, so i decided to clear out the garage yesterday cos the more i can get done now, the less i'll have to do when i move. So, me and my son emptied the garage and put it all in the car to take to the tip, first journey no problem, then on the second trip there, my son starts screaming, i looked over and crawling across the passenger door is the biggest mo fo spider EVER!!!!!!!!!! This baby was tarantulaesque!!!!!!!!!

So i stopped the car in the middle of the road and we both lept out my door. Now it's gotta be serious when you would rather take your chances with oncoming traffic than the spider!! After 10 minutes or so we got back in and made haste to the tip to get the stuff out, thankfully a kind chap who worked there removed most of the stuff for us so we didn't have to touch it. Although at one point my boy pointed at something on my t-shirt, thankfully before i'd removed it completely he said it wasn't actually the spider!!!

So we drove back home, still proper scared of this beast which could possibly still be in the car. When we got back we cleared out the entire car and hoovered everywhere, thinking if it didn't go out with the rubbish, it'll have gone now!!!!!!!!!

Anyway!!!!!!!!!! I went to get in my car before, opened the back door to put something in, and there was a web across the door!!!!!!!! The 10lb arachnid must be lurking somewhere, but i've no idea where!!!!!!!!!

WTF am i gonna do, it's moved into my car, set up home, possibly breeding for all i know!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to sell the car i think, i can't drive it without feeling something crawling all over me. My mum had the suggestion of trapping a bird in there to get it like the old woman who swallowed a fly!!!!!!!!!!

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
Shabba said:
I have got a major spider problem!!!!
Although at one point my boy pointed at something on my t-shirt, thankfully before i'd removed it completely he said it wasn't actually the spider!!!

I'm gonna have to sell the car i think, i can't drive it without feeling something crawling all over me. My mum had the suggestion of trapping a bird in there to get it like the old woman who swallowed a fly!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pmsl... kids are brilliant :thumbsup:
make sure you catch a big bird or you'll go out tomorrow to find the bird wrapped in the web!!!

jayne x

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Oh my god.....what a nightmare! I feel your pain here :eek:

I think Id have to torch it, I wouldnt wanna risk it :| .

Geez, I dont think Id go in the car ever again, spiders proper scare me - infact I almost crashed the car at 60 mph cos one was scrambling over the passenger seat in my direction. I could have died if it was a busy road I reckon :eek: .

What a nightmare.

I wonder if you can sort of 'fumigate' the car with chemicals? Although if its that big, it may just get high and stumble around for a bit.

Sirius.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Even if it's as big as your hand, think about it, whats the worst it could do to you?

Spiders are cool, I don't get how folks can be scared of something a 100th of your size, think what they must think when they see you towering above them.

It's no wonder they run so fast when you spot them, they're probably thinking "fuck me, better get going before I gets squished" :S

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
sirius said:
...spiders proper scare me - infact I almost crashed the car at 60 mph cos one was scrambling over the passenger seat in my direction. I could have died if it was a busy road I reckon :eek: .

LOL, I must admit to being a bit scared of moths. Last summer I was driving back from the Lakes and I'm not kidding, there was a moth in the cab the size of a sparrow. I actually had to stop my van on the M6 to get the bastard out. Shouldn't have done that really, but I was shaking just from looking at it. No way I could have carried on with that flapping round my head. It's actually making my skin crawl thinking about it now. :cry:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I think they look evil, they give me the creeps, the thought of one crawling up inside my trouser leg (especially whilst driving!) just makes me get a cold shivver down the spine :eek: .

I tend do develop a 'shields up' frank spencer-esque pose whenever I even see one!

Sirius.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
blue jammer said:
Even if it's as big as your hand, think about it, whats the worst it could do to you?

I don't think the size of a spider will tell you how bad it's going to hurt you. Them Red Backs will kick anyones ass, and they're only 3cm long...

Red_Ba9.jpg

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
THERES NO NEED FOR A PICTURE M8!!!!!!!!!!

Almost shat my pants scrolling that bugger down :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sirius

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I dont mind spiders in the slightest, they really can't do you any harm.

Wasps on the other hand make me scream and go running in a spazzy fashion.

Also i find things in groups really bad, like loads of woodlice. Which i have been told are part of the crab family.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I used to think woodlice were miniature Armadillo's when I was a little nipper :rofl: :$

I hate ALL the little crawling bleeders. I can tolerate caterpillers and lady birds though :thumbsup:

Sirius.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Boring fact no 1564823616396 from my gob,

Ladybirds in Yank are called ladybugs, and thats why Beetles (car) have the nickname bugs, as they look a bit like a ladybird.

:rolleyes:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Fuck me i bore myself sometimes- jeez thank the lord your not all stuck with me on a Sat night eh :$

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I thought it was cos the yanks sound daft saying "Vee Doublya" :D j/k.

Youre a right gem of information Amelie :thumbsup: Whens your "Amelies Book of Boring Facts" being published again, I think Id have to invest in one.

Did you know the tapping drill for an M6 course pitch metric thread was 5.0mm, and that a counterbored hole for an M8 socket head capscrew is normally drilled 8.5mm to 9.0mm diameter and the top part is made 14mm to 15mm diameter by 9.0mm deep? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Aslong as the vee doublya hasnt a giant bloody spider in it you can call it what you like!

Sirius.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
sirius... avert your eyes now!

Amelie said:
I dont mind spiders in the slightest, they really can't do you any harm.

Wasps on the other hand make me scream and go running in a spazzy fashion.

Yeah, I'm a big girl's blouse when it comes to wasps, never been stung, never want to be either.

Back to spiders though, get a load of this-un:

gretelcolour.jpg

Got to admit, it's a great picture :)

Oh and then there's this...

thing.jpg

The bottom one is eating the top one :eek: :S

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Jesus fucking Christ!!!! Almost gave me a heart attack! :mad:

Tim's amazing Yank insect fact. The thing they call a daddy-long-legs is a spider, unlike the ugly pointless cranefly that we happen to give the same name.

Here is what the hideous creature looks like....

508A10.jpg