Whats the difference?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Corsair® 1024MB TwinX Dual Memory (2 x 512MB) XMS 3200 DDR 400MHz (TwinX1024-3200C2) (cass2)

and

Corsair Value Select 1Gb DDR 400 Mhz (paired memory) (2x512 pc3200) (cass2.5)

....other than 60 quid?

Whats the twinx xms all about? Is it worth it?

ta

Sirius.

ps, Im very close now, honest!. Just sussing out how to pay for it without a creditcard etc.......

Myk

The TwinX is nothing other than their naming scheme, the cas 2 and cas 2.5 are the important bits, Cas 2 memory is slightly more aggresively timed allowing for greater overclocking overhead when the start point on both is 400mhz (atleast in theory). Personally I wouldnt pay an extra 60 quid for the cas2, youll more than likely be more than happy with cas2.5 ;)

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
cheers myk.....youre a legend!

Thanks for that.....that extra 60 quid makes all the difference :thumbsup:

Sirius.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
LOL.......Oh yes, Once my rooms done and decorated, my new decks have arrived (lol) and the PC is setup, Ill take a screenshot from the webcam Im gonna get :).

Lol, as Jonnyp says, I still pay for things in buttons and bottletops........:eek:

Nah, I dont have a credit card or anything similar at the minute, Just a hole in the wall card. No debt, no worries of overdrawing , I pay in cheques or hard earned wonga so I can see the money leaving my palms :)'( ) :rofl:

The only time its a bind is when getting stuff like this, cos it takes donks. :|

May have it built by next month :rolleyes: ........or next year going off the postal sevice revelations!.

Cheerio

Sirius.