Asha - Jj Tribute

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ASHA

Feb 20, 2004
Milan (Italy)
www.myspace.com
Hi, I am the producer of ASHA JJ TRIBUTE, excuse me for my bad English (I am italian).
I am very happy to read many post about JJ TRIBUTE.
It was my first record ..... and remind me good time.
The "very" record is printed by the italian label Beat Club Records (red cover with girl and FD) but I know that exist many many bootleg of this song. Do you know what is the remixer of "?" version (A1) ? Joe T. Vannelli.
Thanks

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
flippin eck :eek: classic tunage that matey .... cannot help ya out on the ? rmx :$ as mine is on a white wi no markins the only rmxs i know are rob tissera meets dream frequency and pp orange + j farrell .... sure somone on here will know though :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ASHA said:
Hi, I am the producer of ASHA JJ TRIBUTE, excuse me for my bad English (I am italian).
The "very" record is printed by the italian label Beat Club Records (red cover with girl and FD) but I know that exist many many bootleg of this song. Do you know what is the remixer of "?" version (A1) ? Joe T. Vannelli.
Thanks

ASHA said:
Thanks

If I send you mine, will you sign it for me, but also return the record and pay the postage ;) :love: :thumbsup:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
butty said:
maybe u r bud - the ip addy of the user is italian ;)

btw welcome to the forum asha - if u did make asha and aint blagging us then i bow down. this site wouldnt be here if it werent for u :thumbsup:

Well feck me I stand corrected :$ Theres been an instance of people registering on another forum as famous DJs / Producers ;)

Welcome ASHA :thumbsup: :wave:

ahem..I'd also like to add that ASHA - JJ Tribute was given to me on my 18th Birthday by my best mate and it is possibly the reason why I and so many other people have an obsession with Italian Piano House :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I have to say, in my opinion, JJ Tribute is probably the best piano based house song ever written. Today, it still stands head and shoulders above pretty much everything else of the genre for it's originality. Of course, don't take it as an insult for questioning whether you are ASHA or not, it's the total respect that is held for this song that leads to this doubt (not too sure how well that will translate in Italian!)

I've also got a question:

Was the song as big in Italy as it was in the UK?

Morpheus640

Nov 12, 2002
Leeds - Home of Relegation football
Jonno said:
I have to say that, in my opinion, the song JJ Tribute is probably the best piano based house song ever written. Today, it still stands head and shoulders above pretty much everything else of the genre for it's originality. Of course, don't take it as an insult for questioning whether you are ASHA or not, it's the total respect that is held for this song that leads to this doubt (not too sure how well that will translate in Italian!)

I've also got a question:

Was the song as big in Italy as it was in the UK?

agree completly....

ive got the remix by j.t vanelli :thumbsup:

we're not worthy ;) :p

Neil

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Ht_humble_Bow_down_E.jpg

(if its true)

Sirius :thumbsup:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
OK if you are Asha, why, if you are the italian producer, did you not put A.S.H.A.

Here's what i have to ask you, if you are original..

1) Why did you call it 'J.J. Tribute'? (I know, so dont no one reply tellin me the answer, I want to know from Mr ASHA himself)

2) Who did the piano on the 'Primate Version' (again, I know, so dont no one reply tellin me the answer, I want to know from Mr ASHA himself)

3) Name at least 2 people who remixed 'A.S.H.A - J.J.Tribute'

Sorry, if I sound tw*tish, but you gotta ask these questions, you dont know any of the peeps on the net n you could be anyone!! :)

Devious

Mar 28, 2003
Bolton
www.devious.me.uk
Wow! :thumbsup: if you are the 'real' A.S.H.A ...

It was always my favourite tune in the day :love: and proberbly would still be if it hadnt been re-released/covered a zillion times :mad: proberbly more than any other ??
But thats goes to show how good it is and you should take it as a compliment :wave:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Heh, I like your style of questioning Biskit ;)

JJ Tribute, was one of the best Piano tracks back then, I've hated all the remixes of it, and always prefered the original mix, not sure what it's actually called as I'm waiting for my copy to arrive (I used to have it years back, but sold it for a fair bit of wonga)

Most people I know and some mixes on here seem to favour the primative version, strange as I never felt that had the same impact in a club, and felt it was more of a mellow/balearic feel.

Red cover for me, all the way :thumbsup:

I have a couple of questions for you Asha

What did you do after JJ Tribute?
Are you still producing now, and if so which style(s)?
Which tracks did you really like around the time you released JJ Tribute?
How many times have you heard your track played out in a club? I've had some of my tracks played and it's a good feeling, but I imagine with a track like yours, the feeling would be superb! :D

Welcome to the forums, hope you stick around :)

RabbitCity

Feb 7, 2004
WARRINGTON
Biskit said:
OK if you are Asha, why, if you are the italian producer, did you not put A.S.H.A.

Here's what i have to ask you, if you are original..

1) Why did you call it 'J.J. Tribute'? (I know, so dont no one reply tellin me the answer, I want to know from Mr ASHA himself)

2) Who did the piano on the 'Primate Version' (again, I know, so dont no one reply tellin me the answer, I want to know from Mr ASHA himself)

3) Name at least 2 people who remixed 'A.S.H.A - J.J.Tribute'

Sorry, if I sound tw*tish, but you gotta ask these questions, you dont know any of the peeps on the net n you could be anyone!! :)

well played biskit (mastermind) :thumbsup:

Devious

Mar 28, 2003
Bolton
www.devious.me.uk
blue jammer said:
Most people I know and some mixes on here seem to favour the primative version, strange as I never felt that had the same impact in a club, and felt it was more of a mellow/balearic feel.

I would never call the primitive version mellow , out of the original 3 on beat club I would have thought the primitive version was the biggie in the clubs ?
The ? mix seems more mellow/balearic to me .

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
what is this '?' mix ???. Ive heard it mentioned a few times now. I thought all the mixes had names! lol. I find the 'Space Version' on the original a stormer!:) lol.

Sirius.